+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hearing

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
We are confused, because we have children and one is canadian, my lawyer says it better to start with the appeal although the rejection was due to credibility.
It is totally up to you and your counsel to make the next move. May be your Lawyer can overcome credibility at RAD stage...

Jicmaro

Jan 17, 2022
It is totally up to you and your counsel to make the next move. May be your Lawyer can overcome credibility at RAD stage...
Another question plz. The application of my work permit extension was under review when I received my negative decision. Will it be rejected?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Another question plz. The application of my work permit extension was under review when I received my negative decision. Will it be rejected?
I am not sure about this one, but most likely it will be rejected the fact that you have negative decision and you have not appealed

Jicmaro

Jan 17, 2022
It will be approved. Just apply for your appeal or you will have no status and will be removed from Canada.
Thanks, guys for a strong H&C application, the applicant should show that he is not relying on welfare and he is working, but how he is going to work if his claim or appeal is dismissed?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks, guys for a strong H&C application, the applicant should show that he is not relying on welfare and he is working, but how he is going to work if his claim or appeal is dismissed?
A large proportion of H&C have WP leftover from previous applications. They may nav3 also received extensions. Others have significant savings and a history of work when they were able to work in Canada.

Without people knowing what the credibility issue is it is hard for anyone to comment. You could pay for another consultation with a lawyer to get another opinion on whether you should pursue RAD next and how big an issue is the credibility issue.

Jicmaro

Jan 17, 2022
A large proportion of H&C have WP leftover from previous applications. They may nav3 also received extensions. Others have significant savings and a history of work when they were able to work in Canada.

Without people knowing what the credibility issue is it is hard for anyone to comment. You could pay for another consultation with a lawyer to get another opinion on whether you should pursue RAD next and how big an issue is the credibility issue.
When I received my negative decision, the work permit extension was under eligibility review and still. The credibility issue was not the main story but on small details of the story. I just received another lawyer name in Toronto and will call him tomorrow to see his advice in this regard.
Thanks

Moh2001

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
Last week, was our 3-hour virtual hearing and at the end, the member asked my lawyer for a written submission to be submitted no later than 2 weeks and his decision will be taken after receiving the written submission. Is that something bad? Any opinions or similar cases?
Wow this is exactly same thing happened to me during the hearing. It's so bad to hear you got refused hope you get accepted in appeal. I'm still waiting for my decision. Do you remember the name of the IRB member who decided on your decision and what nationality are you?

Moh2001

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
Hope you get positive decision. I am from Lebanon. His name was Nilson
I am Lebanese too ! I hope it goes at well. Thank you I hope you the best as well. May I ask you this. What do you think went wrong that you got rejected. Like did you feel the hearing was good before you got the decision? Who was your immigration lawyer?

Jicmaro

Jan 17, 2022
I am Lebanese too ! I hope it goes well. Thank you I hope you the best as well. May I ask you this? What do you think went wrong that you got rejected. Like did you feel the hearing was good before you got the decision? Who was your immigration lawyer?
All the Lebanese I know got accepted. So don't worry. My case wasn't based on the current economical crisis. I have a story and I wasn't expecting a rejection but, unfortunately, we received a negative decision and the reason was a credibility issue. Even my lawyer was surprised.

Moh2001

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
All the Lebanese I know got accepted. So don't worry. My case wasn't based on the current economical crisis. I have a story and I wasn't expecting a rejection but, unfortunately, we received a negative decision and the reason was a credibility issue. Even my lawyer was surprised.
Thank you for replying and giving me some hope. Honestly I feel so worried that she didn't say the decision the same day although we thought it went smoothly. Do you know anyone who got their approval by mail and not verbally?

Last edited: