+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hearing

Moh2001

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
Oh ok thank you for the info. I really hope you get accepted at the end and I know someone who got refused twice but got accepted at the end. So you never know. I have one more question if you don't mind. How long have you waited for the decision?

Jicmaro

Jan 17, 2022
Oh ok thank you for the info. I really hope you get accepted at the end and I know someone who got refused twice but got accepted at the end. So you never know. I have one more question if you don't mind. How long have you waited for the decision?
I hope so and wish you all the best. The hearing was on Jan 17/22 and the decision was received on Feb 14/22.

Jakiewuyi

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
Hello Everyone. Please your advice is needed in an urgent situation. My friend and his wife had their hearing two weeks ago. The board member told them she will mail the decision to there home. In the notice of decision they received last week, only the husband was accepted and it was stated that the wife does not need protection. Has anyone been or heard such situation? If yes, how did you resolve the issue? Please advise.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Everyone. Please your advice is needed in an urgent situation. My friend and his wife had their hearing two weeks ago. The board member told them she will mail the decision to there home. In the notice of decision they received last week, only the husband was accepted and it was stated that the wife does not need protection. Has anyone been or heard such situation? If yes, how did you resolve the issue? Please advise.
The wife has to remain in Canada without status and the husband puts his wife on his PR application as a dependent. If your friend had the employer still letting her work while waiting for her new permit she has to inform them she was denied at her hearing.

neverstop

Star Member
Mar 9, 2022
I get Hearing date of August!!
Is it possible that IRB notify this much in advance??

Also is it possible that my case is comes under less complex case??

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I get Hearing date of August!!
Is it possible that IRB notify this much in advance??

Also is it possible that my case is comes under less complex case??
You mean hearing date before August? Your case can be under less complex if you are notified so or if your lawyer make submission before hearing and IRB concur.

neverstop

Star Member
Mar 9, 2022
You mean hearing date before August? Your case can be under less complex if you are notified so or if your lawyer make submission before hearing and IRB concur.
No actually my lawyer got call from IRB that my hearing date is schedule on August. However my lawyer told me before applying that IRB will inform about hearing date before 1 month. But strangely I notified well in advance before 3 months.
Do I get any letter of less complex case ? If there is.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
No actually my lawyer got call from IRB that my hearing date is schedule on August. However my lawyer told me before applying that IRB will inform about hearing date before 1 month. But strangely I notified well in advance before 3 months.
Do I get any letter of less complex case ? If there is.
Its normal to be notified 3 months in advance. if they schedule you for hearing, then it is hearing. If they want to make paper based decision, IRB will send another correspondence before hearing day

neverstop

Star Member
Mar 9, 2022
Its normal to be notified 3 months in advance. if they schedule you for hearing, then it is hearing. If they want to make paper based decision, IRB will send another correspondence before hearing day
Sorry to ask you but what is paper base application??

Holycoffee

May 6, 2022
Sorry @ Simba112, are u from South Africa?