+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent reside

Anj84

May 21, 2020
No updates yet, only medical and biometrics done, eligibility not started yet. eligibility Under review

nikhils4

Jan 31, 2023
Well, you should be concerned, as this does not meet the requirement of having a valid future job offer.

A current job is not an offer of future employment. You need to have a written job offer from the same employer, offering you full-time skilled employment for at least one year (or "permanent" employment) AFTER you obtain permanent resident status. Otherwise, you have to answer the question "No," and you will not get points for having a valid job offer.

Mind you, if you do not need the points, just answer No and don´t worry about it. It is not mandatory.
]

Hi I am in a similar situation, on LMIA approved closed work permit in Canada working for the same employer as mentioned on the work permit. I have old offer letter (more than 1 year old) which mentions no end date to the employment offered.

Do I still need a new job offer which obv won't be LMIA backed as the employer would be issuing a new one to satisfy this condition,

- your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job for at least one year if you’re accepted as a permanent resident

Applying PR under CEC.