+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent reside

Anonymous456

Aug 27, 2019
Also, you cannot be certain that your PR will get approved in "max 6 months". It may take 12 months. Or 18. Or 2 years. That's why you need a letter that says you will have a job for one year after you get your PR, whenever that may be.

In case I go ahead, what is the worst case, they will reject the application and I can apply again?
Should I go ahead with %) extra mark Or wait for Ontario nomination?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
In case I go ahead, what is the worst case, they will reject the application and I can apply again?
Should I go ahead with %) extra mark Or wait for Ontario nomination?
They will reject your application. You can re-enter the pool and wait for another ITA, without the 50 points.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I have the closed work permit, that has an end date and the duration from Feb'19-Feb'20. If I would ask my employer to issue a letter that states, they will employ me at least for another year after I get my PR - I feel that it is a proof of discriminatory practice, based on my work status in Canada. Of course I want to get the extra 50 points, but would it place my employer in a very uncomfortable situation and possibly open up a way for legal dispute?

I believe a better way would not be to ask for a letter like this, but ask for a contract that states you have a permanent position and just agree with your employer that you will resign if PR doesn't go through.
Doesn't really matter what you believe or feel. These are the current rules, and if you don't provide a valid offer of employment (where "valid" is defined by IRCC, not by you or me), you won't get the 50 points.

The whole point of the 50 points is to ensure that you have a job. I don't see where the possibility of a legal dispute comes up - if your employer is not willing to keep you employed, they will simply refuse to give you the letter.

If they are willing to keep you employed, they will give you the offer. Getting the offer doesn't mean they can't later fire you, or that you can't leave on your own once you're a PR. There's no binding legal obligation created by IRCC that's affects you or your employer. A job offer is subject to all the usual employment laws, and there's nothing special about this offer that supersedes labour law. It's simply an indication from your employer that they would like to keep you employed - and therefore the Minister for Immigration has decided that people who have shown they will definitely have a job will get 50 extra points.

Nothing stops you from getting PR without the 50 points.

Reactions: miucat and jes_ON

Anonymous456

Aug 27, 2019
Doesn't really matter what you believe or feel. These are the current rules, and if you don't provide a valid offer of employment (where "valid" is defined by IRCC, not by you or me), you won't get the 50 points.

The whole point of the 50 points is to ensure that you have a job. I don't see where the possibility of a legal dispute comes up - if your employer is not willing to keep you employed, they will simply refuse to give you the letter.

If they are willing to keep you employed, they will give you the offer. Getting the offer doesn't mean they can't later fire you, or that you can't leave on your own once you're a PR. There's no binding legal obligation created by IRCC that affects you or your employer. A job offer is subject to all the usual employment laws, and there's nothing special about this offer that supersedes labor law. It's simply an indication from your employer that they would like to keep you employed - and therefore the Minister for Immigration has decided that people who have shown they will definitely have a job will get 50 extra points.

Nothing stops you from getting PR without the 50 points.
Thanks, I totally agree with you. the main purpose of "people who have shown they will definitely have a job will get 50 extra points." So if a person
is having an assignment end date after 1.5 years from now he/she is having the job and he/she is eligible for an extra 50 points.

Valid Offer Or assignment letter mentioning end date after 1.5 years means that a person is having the Job after 1 year of PR. Thye have not mentioned anywhere that employer should write that "After getting PR he/she will be employed another year" OR if the Assignment End date is after 1.5 years. both are the same thing apart from the below points
  • your pay and deductions
  • your job duties
  • conditions of employment, like your hours of work.
  • NOC 0, A etc.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Valid Offer is the same as assignment letter if it is ending after 1.5 years. Thye have not mentioned anywhere that employer should write that "After getting PR he/she will be employed another year" instead if the Assignment End date is after 1.5 years. It should work.
They have written exactly this in the link that I posted. I highlighted it as well in my previous reply.

Look, you don't have to convince me of your argument - you have to convince IRCC. Go ahead and apply with whatever letter you have. It's going to get rejected, but since you are convinced that you're right, go for it.

If your application isn't rejected, come back here and tell us about it. I'll happily concede that I was wrong and you were correct, and people who read this thread will be helped by knowing that your interpretation is indeed the correct one.

Anonymous456

Aug 27, 2019
They have written exactly this in the link that I posted. I highlighted it as well in my previous reply.

Look, you don't have to convince me of your argument - you have to convince IRCC. Go ahead and apply with whatever letter you have. It's going to get rejected, but since you are convinced that you're right, go for it.

If your application isn't rejected, come back here and tell us about it. I'll happily concede that I was wrong and you were correct, and people who read this thread will be helped by knowing that your interpretation is indeed the correct one.

Please do not take me wrong I am not trying to prove that you are wrong. By debate only we can find the conclusion. I really appreciate your help.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Please do not take me wrong I am not trying to prove that you are wrong. By debate only we can find the conclusion. I really appreciate your help.
No offense taken - like I said, I really don't mind being proved wrong. I like to give people accurate advice and if there's something that I haven't understood correctly, I have no issue when someone points that out.

I'm quite certain that I'm not wrong here, but I may be. If IRCC accepts your current letter, I will be happy for you, and I will change my advice. I'm only here because I'm trying to help other people come to Canada just like I did - I don't want anyone to be rejected.

carlosmfr

Star Member
Jan 6, 2017
Hello,
I got a work permit base on LMIA which is going to expire within 5 months. I have more than a year working for my employer. What would haven to my 50 points if I receive an ITA but my work permit expire soon? Will I continue having the 50 points?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello,
I got a work permit base on LMIA which is going to expire within 5 months. I have more than a year working for my employer. What would haven to my 50 points if I receive an ITA but my work permit expire soon? Will I continue having the 50 points?
You haven´t said anything to suggest you meet the criteria for having a valid job offer right now, nothing to lose.

But even if you meet all the criteria, you would need to continue to be employed by your employer to keep the points for the job offer, so unless you are able to renew your work permit, it won´t matter.

carlosmfr

Star Member
Jan 6, 2017
You haven´t said anything to suggest you meet the criteria for having a valid job offer right now, nothing to lose.

But even if you meet all the criteria, you would need to continue to be employed by your employer to keep the points for the job offer, so unless you are able to renew your work permit, it won´t matter.
I have a work permit based on a positive LMIA which is going to expire within 5 months. I am still working for the employer who got the LMIA for me. I have been working for him for 1 year and 7 months.
The question is, candidates I get the 50 point for the job offer which has 5 month left?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I have a work permit based on a positive LMIA which is going to expire within 5 months. I am still working for the employer who got the LMIA for me. I have been working for him for 1 year and 7 months.

A valid job offer is not an old job offer. It is a new written job offer of FUTURE employment, after you become a permanent resident. So unless you have a written job offer of future employment (at least one year after becoming a PR), you do not have a valid job offer, and cannot claim the points.

The question is, candidates I get the 50 point for the job offer which has 5 month left?
No, the job offer has to be for at least one year after you become a permanent resident. A new LMIA would also work.

You also would have to maintain your employment with your current employer. So if you get an ITA, you need to submit your eAPR before your work permit expires so that you can still apply for a Bridging Open Work Permit (unless your employer is going to apply for another LMIA?)

Chirag2807

Aug 12, 2020
Dear Sir,

I am also in the same situation. I came to Canada last year and completed my 1.5 years. My organization also states that we can not add this line in your letter as you are already a permanent employee.
Did you apply with Valid Job Offer "Yes" and what's your current status?

Please share your experience.

Thanks,
CJ

haplo

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
Category........
CEC
Dear Sir,

I am also in the same situation. I came to Canada last year and completed my 1.5 years. My organization also states that we can not add this line in your letter as you are already a permanent employee.
Did you apply with Valid Job Offer "Yes" and what's your current status?

Please share your experience.

Thanks,
CJ
Don't expect an answer from that old post/member. People come here when they have a problem and when it's done, they won't visit here anymore. Of course there are some helpful members but they can't, unfortunately, answer all the questions.

Anj84

May 21, 2020
Hi AllQuick question- my application was submitted in April 2020 and I claimed 50 pts based on employment offer which said that in anticipation of me receiving PR the Company has granted me employment offer which is valid till November 2021. Now in October my employer gave me permanent employment offer. Can I add that to my application now. It’s case of ICT where I have worked already for company for two years

haplo

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
Category........
CEC
Hi AllQuick question- my application was submitted in April 2020 and I claimed 50 pts based on employment offer which said that in anticipation of me receiving PR the Company has granted me employment offer which is valid till November 2021. Now in October my employer gave me permanent employment offer. Can I add that to my application now. It’s case of ICT where I have worked already for company for two years
What is your application status? It has been almost 7 months since you applied.