+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Havana, Cuba

Ferengi

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Visa Office......
HAVANA
My husband and his boys did their medicals in February...this is the message we have: "We did not receive the results of your required medical exam. Check your medical exam request message for details"

Did anyone else get this? There is no "medical exam request message" other than the requests to say do the medicals within 30 days - which we did.

Reactions: Esar and Osmel86

Osmel86

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Cuba
My husband and his boys did their medicals in February...this is the message we have: "We did not receive the results of your required medical exam. Check your medical exam request message for details"

Did anyone else get this? There is no "medical exam request message" other than the requests to say do the medicals within 30 days - which we did.
Hello Ferengi...your account will keep saying that until the cic updates the medical results..It could take from 8-11 weeks to get your medical results updated and your status will be changed to Medical passed. Just count the weeks from the date they had their medical...Good Luck

Ferengi

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Visa Office......
HAVANA
Hello Ferengi...your account will keep saying that until the cic updates the medical results..It could take from 8-11 weeks to get your medical results updated and your status will be changed to Medical passed. Just count the weeks from the date they had their medical...Good Luck
Thanks Osmel86 - I was so confused!

kesgurl

Oct 17, 2015
Sometimes its longer than 8-11 weeks. Ours took 12 1/2 weeks

Reactions: Osmel86

Tamasnet

Mar 11, 2019
Hi... I am a naturalized Canadian father who is sponsoring my child only to immigrate to Canada from Cuba. I am confused, what document should I submit as the originals in case of my child who was born in Cuba? His Certifcado de Nacimiento only? I should translate it into English and notarize and send it together with the original? Is that's it? How about the Tarjeta de Menor? His passport is not valid anymore... Shall I send a photocopy of it together with photocopy of tarjeta de menor?

Osmel86

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Cuba
Hey guys,

Anybody heard anything recently? They requested our police contract and receipt 6 weeks ago and silence since.
I just know a guy who got his visa last friday and he is from April 24, 208 and also someone's daughter got her visa yesterday..still waiting for update. Which date is your application of?

Reactions: Esar

Ferengi

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Visa Office......
HAVANA
Does anyone know the timeline for getting the biometrics done? When do they request biometrics and how long does it take to "process" them?

Esar

Apr 26, 2018
My Cuban spouse arrived in Canada last October, he got a job, started english classes, opened a bank account, license, did everything right. Everything going ok. We are now sponsoring his child. The mother gave custody. Anybody know how long it takes to sponsor child and receive the visa for the child? We would like her to start school here in september. want to know what kind of timeline we are looking at.

Esar

Apr 26, 2018
Hi... I am a naturalized Canadian father who is sponsoring my child only to immigrate to Canada from Cuba. I am confused, what document should I submit as the originals in case of my child who was born in Cuba? His Certifcado de Nacimiento only? I should translate it into English and notarize and send it together with the original? Is that's it? How about the Tarjeta de Menor? His passport is not valid anymore... Shall I send a photocopy of it together with photocopy of tarjeta de menor?
All the document requirements for a dependent child are on the website. We are sponsoring my husband's daughter. We sent in translated, certified copies of all documents. Don't know if they will be accepted because we just sent everything in. It's a lot of work. I called them they said the copies are ok. Stay in touch since your case is kind of similar. all those docs you mentioned are needed.

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
How long are people waiting to hear that their file has been sent to Havana? Received the SA on January 23rd and no news at all. Nothing is updated in ECAS or the GC Key - nothing (not even the SA shows up online). Is anyone having a similar experience?