Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
It’s 405$ cuc. That is for the medical. You need to have other things to take along for medical. Two photos. Travel expenses to get to Havana.
You actually need 4 photos, I've heard. My husband is doing his medicals on the 10th.

Reactions: Osmel86

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
Does anyone know the hours of the banco metropolitano at 100 y Boyeros - close to the hospital where the medical checks are done? And for the bank draft for the medicals - whom is it made out to? Government of Canada? the doctor? My husband didn't get this information when he booked his medical (it's this Friday). Thanks.

Sandrad

Jan 30, 2019
The doctor never told him what to do or where to go for this? My husband went early to the bank on the Thursday morning the day before his medical.

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
The doctor never told him what to do or where to go for this? My husband went early to the bank on the Thursday morning the day before his medical.
Oh yeah - he is going to the bank on Thursday when he gets into Havana - but he likely won't arrive until 1pm (from a small town near Colon) and he's worried about what time the bank closes - he doesn't want to miss the opportunity to get the bank draft.

Sandrad

Jan 30, 2019
My husband went on Wednesday to make sure he would be available Thursday morning. My husband lives nearly 14 hours away. 1pm should be fine but you know that things can close early and be slow. I would check with the bank to be sure of their hours of operation so your hubby is not in a stressful situation.

Reactions: laleona

Osmel86

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Cuba
Oh yeah - he is going to the bank on Thursday when he gets into Havana - but he likely won't arrive until 1pm (from a small town near Colon) and he's worried about what time the bank closes - he doesn't want to miss the opportunity to get the bank draft.
If I am not wrong, the bank closes at 4 pm but I suggest your husband arrives in Havana 2 days before the medical so he can have time to do all those things since it's Cuba and we never know what we can face on the way..Good Luck...

Reactions: laleona and Sandrad

LindsandYo

Feb 10, 2019
Hello to you all!!
Do any of you guys know about the Canadian embassy in Havana situation? The immigration department is closed by now and nobody seems to know the reasons.
Tomorrow they will give declarations and will take a desicion about 'something' important, but nobody says what about .
My wife and I are starting to stress out, we are in the 9 months mark and worried about Canada moving the embassy to a different country as same as USA did.
Any possible information will be welcomed.
Blessings for all.

Ferengi

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Visa Office......
HAVANA
Hello to you all!!
Do any of you guys know about the Canadian embassy in Havana situation? The immigration department is closed by now and nobody seems to know the reasons.
Tomorrow they will give declarations and will take a desicion about 'something' important, but nobody says what about .
My wife and I are starting to stress out, we are in the 9 months mark and worried about Canada moving the embassy to a different country as same as USA did.
Any possible information will be welcomed.
Blessings for all.

Hi there...where did you hear about the Immigration Department being closed? As of when?

Last edited:

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
If I am not wrong, the bank closes at 4 pm but I suggest your husband arrives in Havana 2 days before the medical so he can have time to do all those things since it's Cuba and we never know what we can face on the way..Good Luck...
I asked the bank directly - and for anyone that needs this information, the bank closes at 3:30 at 100 and Boyeros, but there are other branches that are open later.

Osmel86

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Cuba
Hi there...where did you hear about the Immigration Department being closed? As of when?
They definitely closed it. Now, the files have been transferred to Mexico. They said that it's because of the reduction of workers they have and the big volume of files to be processed. I am trying to get more info about it. I have a picture of a paper they posted outside the embsassy saying all the changes for the visitor visas, study and work permit visas, permanent residents interviews, they need to go to mexico I read it well but what they don't say it's for people who don't need interview...what could they go? will they still submit the visa here in Havana? And it says that you have already applied for a resident permanent visa, your application will be moved to the IRCC in Mexico and this office will contact us in a near future to let us know the next steps..That's what I read. If someone else have something else to share, it will be so good to know...

Reactions: laleona

MrsGarciaRodriguez

Star Member
May 2, 2018
App. Filed.......
31-07-2018
File Transfer...
04-12-2018
Med's Request
01-29-2019
Med's Done....
02-08-2018
They definitely closed it. Now, the files have been transferred to Mexico. They said that it's because of the reduction of workers they have and the big volume of files to be processed. I am trying to get more info about it. I have a picture of a paper they posted outside the embsassy saying all the changes for the visitor visas, study and work permit visas, permanent residents interviews, they need to go to mexico I read it well but what they don't say it's for people who don't need interview...what could they go? will they still submit the visa here in Havana? And it says that you have already applied for a resident permanent visa, your application will be moved to the IRCC in Mexico and this office will contact us in a near future to let us know the next steps..That's what I read. If someone else have something else to share, it will be so good to know...
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/havana-service-changes-2019.html?hootPostID=0e4effe0d6fdc0778d17669da9cab19d

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
When I called Immigration today, I felt very relieved to find out that our file was still in Mississauga (my husband and stepson are doing medicals on Friday) and I believe if they think a file is straightforward they do as much as they can from Canada. When I asked about biometrics, they said it was NOT retroactive - and since we applied in October they probably won't be asked for them. When I asked about a possible interview, they mentioned that they may do a "mass interview" schedule - which is where they rent a couple of hotel rooms and just blitz through everyone in 1-2 days. We'll see. But I agree - going to Mexico for biometrics would be stupid, expensive and probably not even feasible.