+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Havana, Cuba

mike 1977

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
Do you know what the postal system is like in Cuba? It is not any easier for a courier service. DHL's offices are small and really can't store peoples' packages and mail. If you ask DHL if you can do a prepaid return waybill from Mexico to Cuba they will tell you, "no". But of course, don't take my word for it - do your own investigation.
Yes I do know what the postal system is like. But I have used DHL many times and they are slow but they phone the recipient and the package is delivered every time. I think the main reason they are slow is because of Cuban customs. And then they fly the package around the world to get to Canada.
Will DHL in Havana sell you a prepaid waybill from Mexico City to Canada???

Kiva667

May 9, 2019
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again - when I lived in North America DHL wouldn’t even deliver a package to my metropolitan address. I always had to drive 20 miles round trip to pick it up.

They are bad even in First World countries.

I don’t trust them for a minute.

Osmel86

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Cuba
I got the stupid news this morning saying that I will need to fly to Port Spain or Mexico for an interview..What a crazy immigration process when they know Cubans can´t afford a trip and would need a visa to fly to Mexico hahaha..it´s better to laugh before getting crazy...

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
I got the stupid news this morning saying that I will need to fly to Port Spain or Mexico for an interview..What a crazy immigration process when they know Cubans can´t afford a trip and would need a visa to fly to Mexico hahaha..it´s better to laugh before getting crazy...
Oh...I am so sorry. I fear the same thing - that as soon as we get back from Trinidad after doing the medicals, in August, we'll get a letter right after asking us for an interview there. Did they tell you the exact date you have to be there - or do they give you a range?

Reactions: mecuban1982

Osmel86

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Cuba
Oh...I am so sorry. I fear the same thing - that as soon as we get back from Trinidad after doing the medicals, in August, we'll get a letter right after asking us for an interview there. Did they tell you the exact date you have to be there - or do they give you a range?
And why you fear the same thing? No, they didn´t give me a date yet until I let them know in 15 days if I will assist to the interview or not..then they will let me know all the details..

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
And why you fear the same thing? No, they didn´t give me a date yet until I let them know in 15 days if I will assist to the interview or not..then they will let me know all the details..
Lo que me temo es que tan pronto que mi esposo y hijo se regresan de Trinidad - dentro de 3 semanas ellos vayan para los chequeos medicales - que vamos recibir otra noticia para las entravistas. No tengo ni un kilo por otro viaje hasta Trinidad. :-(.

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Lo que me temo es que tan pronto que mi esposo y hijo se regresan de Trinidad - dentro de 3 semanas ellos vayan para los chequeos medicales - que vamos recibir otra noticia para las entravistas. No tengo ni un kilo por otro viaje hasta Trinidad. :-(.
No todos necesitan entrevistas!!

Reactions: laleona

mecuban1982

Aug 18, 2018
la leona, mi esposa y mis hijos van a viajar a trinidad para el chequeo medico, yo ire tambien (yo vivo en toronto) me seria muy util, si puedes, por ejemplo pudiste sacar un turno sin problemas??, tendran disponibilidad en agosto??, hay alguna otra via de contactar a la doctora sin que sea por telefono??, donde te puedes quedar alli ??, estuve viendo un hotelito barato cerca del aereopuerto, cuanto cuestan los examenes medicos ??, es lo mismo para los adultos que para los ninos ??, disculpa tantas preguntas, muchas gracias por adelantado y saludos

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
la leona, mi esposa y mis hijos van a viajar a trinidad para el chequeo medico, yo ire tambien (yo vivo en toronto) me seria muy util, si puedes, por ejemplo pudiste sacar un turno sin problemas??, tendran disponibilidad en agosto??, hay alguna otra via de contactar a la doctora sin que sea por telefono??, donde te puedes quedar alli ??, estuve viendo un hotelito barato cerca del aereopuerto, cuanto cuestan los examenes medicos ??, es lo mismo para los adultos que para los ninos ??, disculpa tantas preguntas, muchas gracias por adelantado y saludos
As far as I know, the only way to contact the office of Dr. Ross Miller is by telephone, and it is really hit and miss - I have called all day on a Monday and not had anyone pick up, and called early on a Monday morning and someone picks up right away. The lady who usually answers the telephone is called Rachel. The first appointment we got, for August 15, she phoned one day to CANCEL because the doc is on holidays from the beginning of August or so. We had bought plane tickets and everything - so we had to re-book. Very expensive. They don't care.

The office also will NOT send you any kind of email confirmation. Make sure you leave your Toronto cell number on file for them so they can call you back if they need to.
Because of the cost of changing all the flights, my son and I from Canada are not going down anymore - just my husband and son in Cuba. They are staying at an AirBnB close by. The price is not the same for adults as for children for the medical. My son is an adult and we need $500 USD. They did say that no fasting was required.
You will need photocopies of the passports for your Cuban family AND their original passports. You will need vaccination history for them and any other medical history. There is a nurse there that is Cuban, and she also helps with translation if necessary. Apparently Dr. Miller speaks Spanish as well. They also told me that everything is completed in one day.

Puedo responderte en español tambien si quiere, pero creo que es mas util para la gente en este forum si respondo en ingles. :) Suerte con el processo - no es nada facil. Saludos.

mecuban1982

Aug 18, 2018
As far as I know, the only way to contact the office of Dr. Ross Miller is by telephone, and it is really hit and miss - I have called all day on a Monday and not had anyone pick up, and called early on a Monday morning and someone picks up right away. The lady who usually answers the telephone is called Rachel. The first appointment we got, for August 15, she phoned one day to CANCEL because the doc is on holidays from the beginning of August or so. We had bought plane tickets and everything - so we had to re-book. Very expensive. They don't care.

The office also will NOT send you any kind of email confirmation. Make sure you leave your Toronto cell number on file for them so they can call you back if they need to.
Because of the cost of changing all the flights, my son and I from Canada are not going down anymore - just my husband and son in Cuba. They are staying at an AirBnB close by. The price is not the same for adults as for children for the medical. My son is an adult and we need $500 USD. They did say that no fasting was required.
You will need photocopies of the passports for your Cuban family AND their original passports. You will need vaccination history for them and any other medical history. There is a nurse there that is Cuban, and she also helps with translation if necessary. Apparently Dr. Miller speaks Spanish as well. They also told me that everything is completed in one day.

Puedo responderte en español tambien si quiere, pero creo que es mas util para la gente en este forum si respondo en ingles. :) Suerte con el processo - no es nada facil. Saludos.
it's doesn't matter in english or spanish, the important is your response, which is highly appreciate it, i gave them a call early today and this's what i got, the doctor is coming back on august 22nd, the cost is usd 250 for the adult and usd 120 for the kids, now she asked for iom or imm number i really don't know, could you clarify for me what it does means, once again thank so much

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
it's doesn't matter in english or spanish, the important is your response, which is highly appreciate it, i gave them a call early today and this's what i got, the doctor is coming back on august 22nd, the cost is usd 250 for the adult and usd 120 for the kids, now she asked for iom or imm number i really don't know, could you clarify for me what it does means, once again thank so much
I think she is asking for the number of the file or the UCI numbers of your family members - I can't remember which ones she asked me for - but they are able to look up in their computer system and if the number is recognized they can link your appointment(s) to that number.

mecuban1982

Aug 18, 2018
I think she is asking for the number of the file or the UCI numbers of your family members - I can't remember which ones she asked me for - but they are able to look up in their computer system and if the number is recognized they can link your appointment(s) to that number.

thank that's i thought

linalightning

Mar 28, 2019
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Hi all!

I'm new here as well, my spouse and I are about to submit our application (just waiting on some translations to come back from ETSI and we are ready!). Thanks everyone for sharing your stories and experiences, it's so comforting knowing we're not alone in this situation.

We're trying to plan ahead for when the biometrics & medical are requested, in terms of which country my cuban spouse should go to, and for how long.

Are the biometrics and medical requested at the same time, or can we request them to be? Our mutual friend married a girl in Toronto and is in the Bahamas right now to do the biometrics, but will have to take another trip when the medical is needed. We would like to avoid two trips.... if possible.

@Ferengi, it sounded like when everything (bio + medical) was submitted at the VAC, you planned for your spouse to come to Canada right after. Does submitting these docs give your spouse the right to go straight to Canada after? (like, is that the final step? is there any wait time after it these tests are received?)

Can anyone suggest how long the visit to POS (or wherever) should be for my spouse? Long enough to get the job done but without overstaying and overspending..?

I appreciate all and any feedback. Good luck to us all ! :)

Ferengi

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Visa Office......
HAVANA
[

@Ferengi, it sounded like when everything (bio + medical) was submitted at the VAC, you planned for your spouse to come to Canada right after. Does submitting these docs give your spouse the right to go straight to Canada after? (like, is that the final step? is there any wait time after it these tests are received?)

Can anyone suggest how long the visit to POS (or wherever) should be for my spouse? Long enough to get the job done but without overstaying and overspending..?

I appreciate all and any feedback. Good luck to us all ! :)[/QUOTE]

Hi linalightning
We had submitted before everything had gone down - so, we didn't need biometrics. His interview was in Havana and his medical was in Havana in February. He only went to Port of Spain to pick up his visa. Once he had the visa, he could travel to Canada. I'm afraid that for most people who submitted within the last year that for now, everything is out of country.

It sucks

Reactions: linalightning