+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Havana, Cuba

Ferengi

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Visa Office......
HAVANA
Latest chisme: They will be re-opening/opening a VAC in Havana. No TBD. A friend who lives in Playa knows one of the security guards at the Embassy who said he thinks that the government will be giving visas out of Havana.

Of course...there is ZERO merit to this. Solo chisme. I hesitated even putting this out and giving false hope....

linalightning

Mar 28, 2019
Montreal
Category........
FAM
[

Hi linalightning
We had submitted before everything had gone down - so, we didn't need biometrics. His interview was in Havana and his medical was in Havana in February. He only went to Port of Spain to pick up his visa. Once he had the visa, he could travel to Canada. I'm afraid that for most people who submitted within the last year that for now, everything is out of country.

It sucks
Thank you for your reply! I'm so happy you got through the process before most of the complications.

With this new article (screaming of happiness!!!!)(thank you @laleona) it seems like the biometrics and visa pickup will be in Havana, but the medical still needs to be out of the country.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/visas-embassy-cuba-havana-1.5226806

Can anyone tell me how much the medical costs in POS?

Let's celebrate the small victories! :)

Reactions: clairemarie

mecuban1982

Aug 18, 2018
Thank you for your reply! I'm so happy you got through the process before most of the complications.

With this new article (screaming of happiness!!!!)(thank you @laleona) it seems like the biometrics and visa pickup will be in Havana, but the medical still needs to be out of the country.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/visas-embassy-cuba-havana-1.5226806

Can anyone tell me how much the medical costs in POS?

Let's celebrate the small victories! :)[/QUOT
hello, the cost of the medical test is $250 for adults and $120 for kids

Reactions: linalightning

mike 1977

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
My MP's office got the following letter from IRCC today. The recommendation from IRCC is to find another doctor in Cuba to do the medical. Here is the letter:

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. As discussed, you will find below complementary information to our conversation:

Panel physician dispensation

Only a Panel Physician authorized by IRCC can do the immigration medical examination.

You may request a dispensation to use an alternate medical practitioner who is not a IRCC designated Panel Physician if, after consulting the Panel Physician list on our website, you do not find a doctor:

- Who is located within 250 km (4 hours, one way) of your residence, or
- Who offers service in your preferred official language (English or French) within 250 km (4 hours, one way) of your residence.

If you are inside Canada, please contact the Client Support Centre to provide us with contact information once you have found a doctor who will accept to do the examination:

- Name
- Complete address
- Phone
- Email address and/or fax number (mandatory)

IRCC will review their credentials (this process may take approx. 5 business days) and send them instructions by fax or email.

If you are outside Canada, please contact the Visa Office

Thank you,

Agent #4321
Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada

The MP's office said the agent was helpful and that they have rules like this to help people who are in difficult situations
Please see above post

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
Please see above post
Hi Mike - while that does sound like a promising route, I can tell you that a number of us tried to find an alternate doctor, in Cuba, several months ago when the embassy closed. There were no Cuban doctors that we approached that were willing to take this on - as they did not have permission to do so from the government. Of course, things may have changed since then, but my experience was that physicians in Cuba were reluctant to submit their credentials to the Canadian government for approval, without permission from their leaders.

kesgurl

Oct 17, 2015
I got the stupid news this morning saying that I will need to fly to Port Spain or Mexico for an interview..What a crazy immigration process when they know Cubans can´t afford a trip and would need a visa to fly to Mexico hahaha..it´s better to laugh before getting crazy...
Got the same news today :(

Katz23

Oct 12, 2017
Visa Office......
Havana
App. Filed.......
06-06-2018
AOR Received.
18-07-2018
Hello here is my timeline almost done:

App sent back June 5, 2018
App received CPC Mississauga - June 6, 2018
AOR: July 18, 2018
Sept 26, 2018: Document request (filled something wrong in one of the forms)
Oct 10, 2018: Document received
SA: November 13, 2018
File transfer email: November 26, 2018
AOR2 email Received in Havana: November 29, 2018
BGC Started: December 12, 2019
Medical request: December 4, 2018
Medical done: December 14 & 15
Medical passed: February 22, 2019
AOR3 from Mexico city: June 20, 2019
Pre arrival: August 7, 2019
Ppr request: August 9, 2019

I sent my husbands passport to Mexico but Havana is stamping the Visa as well so if any of you decide to go in the route they stamp it the same day

May 3, 2018
And here is my timeline:
App received CPC Mississauga - June 4, 2018
AOR: July 13, 2018
SA: July 20, 2018
AOR2 email Received in Havana: August 15, 2018
Medical request: October 23, 2018
Medical done: November 2, 2018
Medical passed: January 4, 2019
AOR3 from Mexico city: July 2, 2019
Pre arrival: July 13, 2019
Ppr request: July 17, 2019
Visa in passport (done in person in Havana) : August 14, 2019

mike 1977

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
I got the stupid news this morning saying that I will need to fly to Port Spain or Mexico for an interview..What a crazy immigration process when they know Cubans can´t afford a trip and would need a visa to fly to Mexico hahaha..it´s better to laugh before getting crazy...
I just got the email saying an interview is required. We must pick Mexico or Port of Spain.

Has anyone tried to get a visa to Mexico based on an interview request from the Canadian Embassy. Will Mexico issue a Visa based on proof of interview request or is Port of Spain the only realistic option. I need to state my choice by Aug 27.

If anyone has any info Thank You

May 3, 2018
I just got the email saying an interview is required. We must pick Mexico or Port of Spain.

Has anyone tried to get a visa to Mexico based on an interview request from the Canadian Embassy. Will Mexico issue a Visa based on proof of interview request or is Port of Spain the only realistic option. I need to state my choice by Aug 27.

Sorry to hear that you need an interview.

It's very difficult to get a visa for Mexico, let alone pricey.

Kiva667

May 9, 2019
Sorry to hear that you need an interview.

It's very difficult to get a visa for Mexico, let alone pricey.

Kiva667

May 9, 2019
I doubt an interview request makes much difference in terms of getting an interview at the Mexican embassy although I cant say for sure.

A potential applicant to Mexico has to ask for an interview, a process that took one person I knew 4.5 months then an $800 ticket to DF from Havana. There is also the option of paying $500 for the interview, I am told reliably.

Trinidad and Tobago is visa-free for Cubans and with luck a ticket there only costs $600 or so. The country is a bit dicey but fun -I’ve been there a lot - so it seems like a much more obvious choice, even if Port of Spain is full of thieves with guns.

JD27

Aug 22, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
Nada. Here's my timeline.
Received Sydney: September 4, 2018
AOR: December 17, 2018
Sponsor Approval: December 24, 2018
Forwarded to Havana: January 4, 2019