+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Havana, Cuba

Ferengi

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Visa Office......
HAVANA
Well, my wife received an email from Mexico saying our file is in transit to Mexico..so I don't really know what to believe or what to expect since we don't have any clue of the real matter...
Osmel....was your file in Havana and is in transit to Mexico? Or did it go from Canada to Mexico? Thanks!

Osmel86

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Cuba
Osmel....was your file in Havana and is in transit to Mexico? Or did it go from Canada to Mexico? Thanks!
Hello...My file was in Havana and my wife received an email saying that our file was in transit to Mexico but the thing is if they are writing that to calm people down because my file has more than 1 year...

stephtigger

Star Member
Nov 15, 2017
Hello...My file was in Havana and my wife received an email saying that our file was in transit to Mexico but the thing is if they are writing that to calm people down because my file has more than 1 year...
Anyone who emailed asking where their file was earlier on around May 8 date. Many got personal replies stating they are in transit to mexico. These files were all from Havana at the approx year mark or over. Some other files that never went to Havana have received emails that they were sent to Mexico also. Nobody will know I
Guess until
That first visa is issued. Very frustrating.

mecuban1982

Aug 18, 2018
HI Guys i read a news about the baseball players that came to Canada yesterday, they went to mexico for the visa, i know that's different cases, but anyone know if any instruction was given to the embassy of mexico in cuba for the canadian visa requesters??

stephtigger

Star Member
Nov 15, 2017
HI Guys i read a news about the baseball players that came to Canada yesterday, they went to mexico for the visa, i know that's different cases, but anyone know if any instruction was given to the embassy of mexico in cuba for the canadian visa requesters??
This was in the news after the May 8 announcement that the ball players needed to be in Canada. I would imagine something was done quickly. Maybe these ball players can go to Mexico to get visas not as simple as us waiting to be united with our family’s and spouses.

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
Hey All - today I got a pile of correspondence from Mexico City:
1. A very frustrating demand that medicals are done within 30 days - when we have already asked (and received) an extension to August 30th - THREE times now. It gets granted and revoked almost weekly, it seems
2. AOR2
3. Ask for updated ancedentes penales (which we had already obtained, thank God). New rule - you didn't use to have to translate the updated ancedentes, but now you do.
4. Asked us to pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee. I already did that, so freaked out that they lost my money and sent them the receipt again with the application number and all details written on it.
5. Here is a new one: A new form of military record that both my husband and stepson have to fill out. It goes into EXTENSIVE detail - asking about the name of the commanding officer, THEIR commanding officer etc. My husband served over 25 years ago so he doesn't remember a damn thing about names (understandable). They also asked for IDENTIFICATION CARDS for military service - which neither my husband had, nor my stepson currently has in the service. ?????

There is also a note that no one can ask for file notes until at least 12 months has passed. I asked for ours about a month ago, so I think I just lost $5. Interesting that the response came from the Mexican Office.

I guess the good news is that someone is looking at our file. The bad news is that there are some things on the list that we can't do even if we wanted to (like find the name of Carlos's commanding officers, 25 years ago in a different province). We'll see. It is an unusual request as Carlos never did anything more than the mandatory service.

Duffy111

Jun 11, 2019
Hey All - today I got a pile of correspondence from Mexico City:
1. A very frustrating demand that medicals are done within 30 days - when we have already asked (and received) an extension to August 30th - THREE times now. It gets granted and revoked almost weekly, it seems
2. AOR2
3. Ask for updated ancedentes penales (which we had already obtained, thank God). New rule - you didn't use to have to translate the updated ancedentes, but now you do.
4. Asked us to pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee. I already did that, so freaked out that they lost my money and sent them the receipt again with the application number and all details written on it.
5. Here is a new one: A new form of military record that both my husband and stepson have to fill out. It goes into EXTENSIVE detail - asking about the name of the commanding officer, THEIR commanding officer etc. My husband served over 25 years ago so he doesn't remember a damn thing about names (understandable). They also asked for IDENTIFICATION CARDS for military service - which neither my husband had, nor my stepson currently has in the service. ?????

There is also a note that no one can ask for file notes until at least 12 months has passed. I asked for ours about a month ago, so I think I just lost $5. Interesting that the response came from the Mexican Office.

I guess the good news is that someone is looking at our file. The bad news is that there are some things on the list that we can't do even if we wanted to (like find the name of Carlos's commanding officers, 25 years ago in a different province). We'll see. It is an unusual request as Carlos never did anything more than the mandatory service.
Where r u going to get medical done? When did u apply? When did police check expire?

Duffy111

Jun 11, 2019
I had a nice chat the other day with a woman at the IRCC call center, who said, “Don’t worry; we won’t leave you in the lurch.”

She was addressing the closure of the Havana visa office.
Have you received medical request? Or was that done already. Are you reaching out to your mpp as it’s almost one year? Has there been problems with your file? It’s so unfair. People from other countries are approved and in Canada in a matter of weeks or couple months tops!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kiva667

May 9, 2019
Have you received medical request? Or was that done already. Are you reaching out to your mpp as it’s almost one year? Has there been problems with your file? It’s so unfair. People from other countries are approved and in Canada in a matter of weeks or couple months tops!!!!!!!!!!!!
See above. We have yet to reach a year so we are patient.

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
Where r u going to get medical done? When did u apply? When did police check expire?
October 12, 2018
SA on Jan 23
Police Check expired April 2019. We did them last April, but we had to delay in submitting our application so that's the way it goes.
Medical Request April 16 (extension until August 30th and we will do them in Trinidad in August)
That's it so far