+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Havana, Cuba

Kiva667

May 9, 2019
Got an IRCC letter from Mississauga via email dated yesterday that confirms our application has been forwarded to Mexico City.

So maybe things are moving forward at last.

Last edited:
Reactions: laleona

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
Got an IRCC letter from Mississauga via email dated yesterday that confirms our application has been forwarded to Mexico City.

So maybe things are moving forward at last.
Same thing happened with us. We applied in October.

stephtigger

Star Member
Nov 15, 2017
We also have no news where our file is.
Some MPs say files Havana some say Mexico. Anyone who emailed mexico are getting the same response files enroute mexico. Makes no sense the final 12 month files have no
Clue where files are but some newer files have been told they are in Mexico.

Osmel86

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Cuba
We are past the 12 months. No news for us. No idea where our file is. Sooooo frustrating
Well, my wife received an email from Mexico saying our file is in transit to Mexico..so I don't really know what to believe or what to expect since we don't have any clue of the real matter...

AlgCad0218

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
21-02-2018
File Transfer...
05-05-2018
Med's Done....
03-05-2018
I have a quick question, i’m Helping my uncle complete the forms for his Cuban wife and his app is a little more complex than mine.

His wife takes care of his minor son (previous marriage) and her elderly mother. She has also a daughter but she’s over 22, married and lives in the US.

From what I understand, we have to declare her son and mother as dependents. Her son might one day be sponsored but her mother is so sick that she might have only a couple off months to live.

Will they ask for a medical for her mom ? She cannot go outside of her house so there’s no way she’ll make it to Mexico.

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
I have a quick question, i’m Helping my uncle complete the forms for his Cuban wife and his app is a little more complex than mine.

His wife takes care of his minor son (previous marriage) and her elderly mother. She has also a daughter but she’s over 22, married and lives in the US.

From what I understand, we have to declare her son and mother as dependents. Her son might one day be sponsored but her mother is so sick that she might have only a couple off months to live.

Will they ask for a medical for her mom ? She cannot go outside of her house so there’s no way she’ll make it to Mexico.
I would write a note to that effect in the application. They may not consider the mother a dependent, but a cover letter could clarify that situation and make it clear that the mother is too ill to leave the house and does not desire to reside in Canada.

AlgCad0218

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
21-02-2018
File Transfer...
05-05-2018
Med's Done....
03-05-2018
I would write a note to that effect in the application. They may not consider the mother a dependent, but a cover letter could clarify that situation and make it clear that the mother is too ill to leave the house and does not desire to reside in Canada.
Thank for your reply. So I put her mom as a dependent on the form and write a letter.

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
Thank for your reply. So I put her mom as a dependent on the form and write a letter.
I honestly can't remember what it says about parents as dependents - so definitely read up on that aspect first (as I can't give you any advice about that), but definitely a letter explaining the situation should make it clear. It sounds like a challenging situation. Wishing you the best.

Kiva667

May 9, 2019
If I were in this situation I’d consult with a reputable immigration lawyer because if you don’t follow the procedure correctly you get delays in processing.