Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
shuster2210 said:
KJG and DDG

What was your lawyers opinions on the PRE-nups?

A friend of mine had a "PRE-nup" drawn up for him and his Cuban wife.
She left him, took him to court for 1/2 the house, pension and rrsp's.
she won. The judge said that because he was still under the undertaking to sponsorship that a prenup was null and void.
This is a couple years now, but he did have to give her 1/2 of everything, except the amount he paid toward the house before their cohabitation.
First of all....there is a chance with pre-nups because they are signed in Cuba that the spoouse could claim it was not explained to him/her properly and do that angle....language barrier...have seen this more than once. Pre-Nup has nothing to do with sponsorship approval....sponsorship pays the government money that the applicant may use......she would be allowed 1/2 of the increase of the fair market value of the house after marriage...that is standard.....and with respect to pensions & rrsp's usually it has to be a lengthy marriage to get that...at least 10 years....anything under that is usually not given or a small small percentage......so depending on the reason why the marriage failed could be the reason the judge allowed certain things....either that or one party had an extremely good lawyer and the other one had a sucky lawyer....it happens...

KJG said:
It's not needed with children per sae but if you own a home and have a lot of equity in it.....it is a good idea to have a prenup to ensure you keep your share of the equity before it becomes a matrimonial home and therefore matrimonial property. Also if you have RRSP's; a good pension plan anything like that. My reason is that I own my home jointly with my parents...so I wanted to protect their money and then to make double sure I changed the title to my house last year to me owing 1% of it and gave the other 99% to my parents. We have a written side agreement in case anything happens to me that my actual share will go to my children. Like I said earlier, was burned badly by the ex so as much as I love Yoani.....we will share equally anything we obtain once he gets here and we do it together. Did I mention I was a Law Clerk :p
i am sorry but I think you did the right thing. I do not own a home as I still live at home. I am alittle younger than most here. I just have money in the bank (which is mine and will will open another account when he works and we will work together from there) i was planning to buy but now changed my mind. We will do it together however if I had all of it before he arrived OH YES would he sign that piece of paper too :p

shuster2210

Jan 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2012
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
July 9th 2012
Med's Done....
January 31st 2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Nov-1-2012
LANDED..........
Hopefully December 3rd
Thanks for all the info!!!

I do own my own condo and have savings, rrsp's etc.

I knew I was going to do a PRE-nup etc so just wanted some info from ones that have done it here. ;-)

sassylassie

Sep 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
19-11-2012
Med's Done....
29-05-2012
Good evening Sunny Havana Thread! Wow a lot to read and catch up on. I was actually on a couple hrs ago....wrote a lengthy response to everything (right up to Avana's posting of the link to the loser) annnnnddd.....my PC died! Lost my entire post! Was so f-ing annoyed I had to walk away. I am back for round two now. Here goes : )

Shuster....I updated the spreadsheet with your info. There are dates left out. I put July 9 as your Stage 1 AOR...but I am sure that is incorrect. Do you mind looking at the spreadsheet and filling me in on the missing info?

DDG...the grass always looks greener on the other side eh? I am so thankful for my blessing but would give anything to be in Cuba right now. This distance, the waiting for everything (baby, visit with hubby the sponsorship app), the stress of this Sponsorship application, and the crazy hormones brought on this pregnancy has had me in a funk for days. I know I need to take my own darn advice and stay positive but I am feeling f-ing crazy. I even went off on hubby today for something I prolly should not have...and he just took my craziness. I feel like an a-ss now. I mean we have never fought...just had healthy debates where no hurt feelings were involved. Really annoyed with myself now...and I am gonna have to pay big money for my stupid phone call of negativity.

Localola....welcome! Congrats on the wedding! I wish you luck with your application. I too heard this craziness about legalizing the marriage certificate. The lawyer who married us said we did not need to do that....I emailed the embassy in Havana and they also confirmed it was not needed. I hope you get everything back fast so you can move onto the app. Also wanted to mention....my husband called to book his medical in May, he had to go the ext Tue b/c there was a cancellation. Otherwise the next available appointment was in Nov 2012!!! So call ASAP to get a date that works for your husband.

Panorama....you are so close to submitting that app...I hope your DHL arrives very soon!

Avana....I clicked on that link. There is no point in you responding anyways. I think all the other posters hit the nail on the head. Especially the one about he is the reason the October 26th change came into effect. I am interested though in some details that were not included in his question. Was the sponsor paid to bring him here? Was she taken advantage of? If so I hope he does the decent thing and supports himself and his child. And does not go on welfare or expect his sponsor to support his child for 10 years. YUK
To everyone else I am sending out a big hello!!! To Shuster, Luvcuba, and KJG good luck as you are preparing for the landing of your loved ones. To Avana, ppsandy, DDG and Dblrainbow lets hope we hear something, anything from Havana soon!

Like I said I am working hard to focus on things other than the stress of all this waiting and preparing for this baby that can come anytime in the next 4 weeks. But It is hard. I read in the October 2012 applicants thread that someone who submitted a week after me already got their AOR?!?! I was like what???? I know I know stay positive mine will come soon too. : ) I was thinking of joining one of the FB groups you ladies have talked about...but maybe I should avoid...it will prolly just send my imagination into overdrive DOH!

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
09/2012 for Stage 1 approval
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Notice received via e-mail for 01/2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
06/ /2014 :D
DDG said:
Wow Shuster!!! That is sooo great!! But so sorry you are sick....hope you feel better soon.

Can you share your story with me, how long you met, married, number of trips... i'm curious why they didn't interview you...i think it's GREAT!! but i'm wondering 'how much' supporting docs avoids one.

I'm so happy this is over for some of you!!! It's so so tough!! To the rest of us, YES WE CAN!!!
Thankyou DDG for the YES WE CAN!!! This helps alot XO ;D

shuster2210

Jan 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2012
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
July 9th 2012
Med's Done....
January 31st 2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Nov-1-2012
LANDED..........
Hopefully December 3rd
@ Sassie

Looks all good, just add file received in Havana August 8th.
Addit doc requested October 24th!!!

Hopefully we can get this PRE section filled in too ;-)

Thanks for all your work on this ,-)

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
shuster2210 said:
Also ladies, I received our first set of gcsm notes on oct 5th
They were basically empty.
Showed file opened in Havana on August 8th (1 month after sponsor approval)
And file was looked at again on sept 21st
No notes from Havana were in the file.

We never received an AOR from Havana.
His file changed to in process on the 1st, after he received his visa.
As of today his home address is Toronto Ontario!
Mr. Shu has landed as of today? Woo Hoo I am very very happy for you Mrs. Shu XO Congrats!!! Felicidades!!! Welcome to Canada Mr. Shuster2210 :D

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
KJG said:
We are here for you DDG....and let me tell you I had many bad months before I found this forum to talk with people. It really made the waiting more bearable. Don't worry about the interview...it does not lessen your chance.....those who don't get interviewed are far and few between....and it is great when it happens but honestly interviews are required a majority of the time so don't stress....be happy you get a date and go with it!!!! And buying plane tickets is the best kind of retail therapy!!! :D
Well written and so very true KJG.KJG and everyone here has been amazing and more bearable to go through this wait. Truly all of you are a life line. I will also be this lifeline to all of you as well. I am very thankful and grateful to be here. KJG, Kudos and thankyou so very much to you and to all with such amazing support. XOXO :-* :D

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
localola said:
wow! I am reading all the success stories here on this site. Congrats to all of you whose spouses are arriving in time for Christmas/New Year.

I am at the very beginning. We have just gotten married in October in Holguin Province. The marriage license, I have been told has to be legalized in Havana - that is to take about 3 months. I will return to Cuba in February 2013, during that visit I will collect the marriage license, police clearance, photographs for application, diplomas etc, get the required translations. Hopefully by the end of March 2013, I will submit the Sponsorship/Family Class immigration application.
I have a question,
-when should my husband go to Havana for the medical? will we be notified by the Embassy to make the appt?

I am sure i will have many more questions and will ask for advice quite often
thanks
LocaLola
Welcome LocaLola and congratulations on your marriage :D

shuster2210

Jan 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2012
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
July 9th 2012
Med's Done....
January 31st 2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Nov-1-2012
LANDED..........
Hopefully December 3rd
Double Rainbow said:
Mr. Shu has landed as of today? Woo Hoo I am very very happy for you Mrs. Shu XO Congrats!!! Felicidades!!! Welcome to Canada Mr. Shuster2210 :D
No no, Mr Shu isn't here yet, what I wrote was about how the changes happen in ecas.
So as of now, his home address is listed as mine!!!
Lets hope 1 month from today, Mr and Mrs Shu will actually be together at said address ;-)

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
Avana said:
by the way, speaking of this, has anyone seen this thread? :mad:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/im-under-sponsorship-and-want-to-file-for-my-new-wifebaby-mother-t123553.0.html

I've refrained from answering because i dont think I can keep my cool... lol
I read the link above OMG!!! :mad: LOSER!!!!!!!

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
shuster2210 said:
No no, Mr Shu isn't here yet, what I wrote was about how the changes happen in ecas.
So as of now, his home address is listed as mine!!!
Lets hope 1 month from today, Mr and Mrs Shu will actually be together at said address ;-)
Oh oops! lol I was getting so excited for you lol Sorry about that :-[ I am very very happy for you. XO :D I can't wait for my hubby to come. I was missing him so much I called him twice today. The phone bill will be high again lol yikes!

Avana

Sep 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2012
AOR Received.
none, approved on 30-08-2012
File Transfer...
30-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-06-2012
Interview........
24-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2012
LANDED..........
03-01-2013
here's to hoping for a great week!! According to KJG's timeline, hubby could be getting a call on Nov 9th!! really hoping for this!! lol ::) :p

Avana

Sep 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2012
AOR Received.
none, approved on 30-08-2012
File Transfer...
30-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-06-2012
Interview........
24-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2012
LANDED..........
03-01-2013
sassylassie said:
Good evening Sunny Havana Thread! Wow a lot to read and catch up on. I was actually on a couple hrs ago....wrote a lengthy response to everything (right up to Avana's posting of the link to the loser) annnnnddd.....my PC died! Lost my entire post! Was so f-ing annoyed I had to walk away. I am back for round two now. Here goes : )

Shuster....I updated the spreadsheet with your info. There are dates left out. I put July 9 as your Stage 1 AOR...but I am sure that is incorrect. Do you mind looking at the spreadsheet and filling me in on the missing info?

DDG...the grass always looks greener on the other side eh? I am so thankful for my blessing but would give anything to be in Cuba right now. This distance, the waiting for everything (baby, visit with hubby the sponsorship app), the stress of this Sponsorship application, and the crazy hormones brought on this pregnancy has had me in a funk for days. I know I need to take my own darn advice and stay positive but I am feeling f-ing crazy. I even went off on hubby today for something I prolly should not have...and he just took my craziness. I feel like an a-ss now. I mean we have never fought...just had healthy debates where no hurt feelings were involved. Really annoyed with myself now...and I am gonna have to pay big money for my stupid phone call of negativity.

Localola....welcome! Congrats on the wedding! I wish you luck with your application. I too heard this craziness about legalizing the marriage certificate. The lawyer who married us said we did not need to do that....I emailed the embassy in Havana and they also confirmed it was not needed. I hope you get everything back fast so you can move onto the app. Also wanted to mention....my husband called to book his medical in May, he had to go the ext Tue b/c there was a cancellation. Otherwise the next available appointment was in Nov 2012!!! So call ASAP to get a date that works for your husband.

Panorama....you are so close to submitting that app...I hope your DHL arrives very soon!

Avana....I clicked on that link. There is no point in you responding anyways. I think all the other posters hit the nail on the head. Especially the one about he is the reason the October 26th change came into effect. I am interested though in some details that were not included in his question. Was the sponsor paid to bring him here? Was she taken advantage of? If so I hope he does the decent thing and supports himself and his child. And does not go on welfare or expect his sponsor to support his child for 10 years. YUK
To everyone else I am sending out a big hello!!! To Shuster, Luvcuba, and KJG good luck as you are preparing for the landing of your loved ones. To Avana, ppsandy, DDG and Dblrainbow lets hope we hear something, anything from Havana soon!

Like I said I am working hard to focus on things other than the stress of all this waiting and preparing for this baby that can come anytime in the next 4 weeks. But It is hard. I read in the October 2012 applicants thread that someone who submitted a week after me already got their AOR?!?! I was like what???? I know I know stay positive mine will come soon too. : ) I was thinking of joining one of the FB groups you ladies have talked about...but maybe I should avoid...it will prolly just send my imagination into overdrive DOH!
Stay strong Sassy!! This process is hard enough, I cant imagine going through it with additional hormones!! :) itll all be worth it when you have your guys' bundle of joy!! My best friend will be giving birth this week!! :D so excited! cant wait for it to be my turn!! :D :D :D

sassylassie

Sep 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
19-11-2012
Med's Done....
29-05-2012
Avana said:
here's to hoping for a great week!! According to KJG's timeline, hubby could be getting a call on Nov 9th!! really hoping for this!! lol ::) :p
: ) Yes here's hoping for a great week! I really want you to get your call this week Avana!!! You deserve this *fingers crossed*