Interview........
16-01-2014
Passport Req..
16-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2014
LANDED..........
23-03-2014
How easy is it to arrange the medical? And what are charges if any?

Avana

Sep 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2012
AOR Received.
none, approved on 30-08-2012
File Transfer...
30-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-06-2012
Interview........
24-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2012
LANDED..........
03-01-2013
localola said:
How easy is it to arrange the medical? And what are charges if any?
Usually it is about a 2 or 3 week waiting time before you can get the appointment. I would make it ahead of time! plan for 4-6 weeks ahead. They also randomly "close" weeks at a time (I know of them doing this at least once in the past) for immigration medicals, so maybe calling more in advance would be good just in case. Cuba can be pretty random like that. There is no charge at the time of the medical, but it's included in the PRE. However, as of Jan 13 there will no longer be a PVE/PRE for exiting Cuba, so no one is really sure what will happen from that point on! No one can really believe that they would give up the 550 cuc for every person leaving, so maybe they will start charging the medical upfront? It's really in a state of limbo right now and no one knows.... Where are you from in Canada?

localola

Star Member
Nov 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013 Havana AOR 24-06-2013
File Transfer...
31-05-2013
Med's Done....
29-01-2013
Interview........
16-01-2014
Passport Req..
16-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2014
LANDED..........
23-03-2014
Hi Avana, I live and work in the GTA area

feelin bummed this weekend.....i am on another sort of cuban thread on facebook...alot of girls discussing their story after hubby arrives and let me tell you alot more negative than positive....it scares me

localola

Star Member
Nov 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013 Havana AOR 24-06-2013
File Transfer...
31-05-2013
Med's Done....
29-01-2013
Interview........
16-01-2014
Passport Req..
16-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2014
LANDED..........
23-03-2014
Aw, don't let others negative scenarios get you down. What is the name of that Facebook Group?

localola said:
Aw, don't let others negative scenarios get you down. What is the name of that Facebook Group?
it is french though cause i live in Quebec....but they have one married to a cuban the english verison. ohhh man i dunoo but wow some stories. it is hard to say it will not happen to me

Avana said:
Usually it is about a 2 or 3 week waiting time before you can get the appointment. I would make it ahead of time! plan for 4-6 weeks ahead. They also randomly "close" weeks at a time (I know of them doing this at least once in the past) for immigration medicals, so maybe calling more in advance would be good just in case. Cuba can be pretty random like that. There is no charge at the time of the medical, but it's included in the PRE. However, as of Jan 13 there will no longer be a PVE/PRE for exiting Cuba, so no one is really sure what will happen from that point on! No one can really believe that they would give up the 550 cuc for every person leaving, so maybe they will start charging the medical upfront? It's really in a state of limbo right now and no one knows.... Where are you from in Canada?
ya this must be new the appt thing because when hubby went no appt needed....

panorama68

Oct 23, 2012
Hello everyone
What a busy week this has been. And hard to accept taht the weekend is almost over.

I am still waiting for the DHL package to arrive from Cuba with my husband's signed forms and documents. And then all it will take will be a few more days for me to review and make sure that everything is perfect before I send it (although I do find that it is hard getting to the point of being 100% certain that everything is perfect, and that is annoying because there is always a little bit of fear inside that one may be missing something).

I cannot wait to submit my application. I cannot wait to have him here with me.

I am traveling to Havana on Dec 23rd to spend a week with him.

I honestly think that we are all heroes in a way because we have done a lot and have gone through a lot so that we can be with the person we love. So we all deserve to have a happy ending and I am optimistic that we'll all get one.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
ppsandy79 said:
feelin bummed this weekend.....i am on another sort of cuban thread on facebook...alot of girls discussing their story after hubby arrives and let me tell you alot more negative than positive....it scares me
the english version is alot more positive at this time...I heard there was a lot of bad news going on in the french thread.....try our english one....I love it and have made and met many of the girls on there now and we have become great friends........and the support is amazing as well.....if anyone would like to join...pm it is a private group and you must be approved.... :D

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
panorama68 said:
Hello everyone
What a busy week this has been. And hard to accept taht the weekend is almost over.

I am still waiting for the DHL package to arrive from Cuba with my husband's signed forms and documents. And then all it will take will be a few more days for me to review and make sure that everything is perfect before I send it (although I do find that it is hard getting to the point of being 100% certain that everything is perfect, and that is annoying because there is always a little bit of fear inside that one may be missing something).

I cannot wait to submit my application. I cannot wait to have him here with me.

I am traveling to Havana on Dec 23rd to spend a week with him.

I honestly think that we are all heroes in a way because we have done a lot and have gone through a lot so that we can be with the person we love. So we all deserve to have a happy ending and I am optimistic that we'll all get one.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone
that is awesome news Panorma68 you are going to feel so much better when you have the app sent it that is for sure!!! And to spend a week with your husband over Christmas is wonderful!!! And time is going by so fast........Christmas will be here before you know it!!!

shuster2210

Jan 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2012
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
July 9th 2012
Med's Done....
January 31st 2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Nov-1-2012
LANDED..........
Hopefully December 3rd
Happy Sunday everyone.
This week will bring great things one way or another for all of us.

About "other" chat groups....

I have been traveling to Cuba for 12 years and have seen my share of horrible Cuban spouses, but I have seen so many more terrible sponsors. It goes both ways, but the way that some Canadians have treated their spouses is disgusting.
So take it all with a grain of salt.
Many people marry someone from another culture without knowing anything about that culture etc.
it's hard enough to make a marriage work when 3 people grow up in the same country, let alone 2 different ones.

KJG said:
the english version is alot more positive at this time...I heard there was a lot of bad news going on in the french thread.....try our english one....I love it and have made and met many of the girls on there now and we have become great friends........and the support is amazing as well.....if anyone would like to join...pm it is a private group and you must be approved.... :D
i guess there is good and bad everyone i keeping on telling myself that. I guess life is just that way. However we must try to be happy. I guess it just got to me last night ufffff

DDG

Star Member
Sep 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
HAV
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 24/12
File Transfer...
Oct 02/12
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
January 14/13
VISA ISSUED...
January 24/13
Hi Ladies!! Just got home from work... thanks Avana and Shuster and KJG, I don't know what I'd do without you.

I sometimes have to stay away from the discussions....it scares me too. But we need to remember that we all have a different story and sometimes when they 'sound' the same, they are not. There is alot more to a story than we know...

I agree with bad spouses and bad sponsors...

I met a Cuban living on the streets in Wolfville, NS, three years ago who's sponsor gave her 5 grand and kicked her out. Bc her sponsor gave her that money, she could not get welfare. I set her up with a job and a place to stay through a friend, and she's living in her own apartment now but desperatly wants to go home. She sold her house to come to Canada, and the government will not give her a place to live.

As for the bad spouse, I had one. Married a Cuban who clearly married me to get in the country. Finally one of his friends told me and took me to meet his girlfriend and children. I was married to him a year before I knew, had been there 6 times. Looking back I can see it clear as day now. But I was blinded by love then...lol I've since learned he's married to someone from Quebec and I worry when I hear someone say thier husand is from Holguin...but I guess his new wife would have to know he was married to a Canadian before because he would have to submit his divorce certificate, as did I.

I never intended on ever going back to Cuba and family forced me. Then viola, I did it again!! haha... must have a thing for Cuban men !!

DDG

Star Member
Sep 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
HAV
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 24/12
File Transfer...
Oct 02/12
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
January 14/13
VISA ISSUED...
January 24/13
ppsandy79 said:
i guess there is good and bad everyone i keeping on telling myself that. I guess life is just that way. However we must try to be happy. I guess it just got to me last night ufffff
That's what I think too sandy... I could have just as easily married an asshole from Canada, spent 30 grand on a wedding, and been screwed over just the same. The way I see it, if I am screwed over, at least the wedding was only a couple grand, and I've spent the rest enjoying Cuba!! I also made my husband sign a legal prenup!! I wasn't taking chances and although he was initially upset about it, he finally understood it came not from a lack of trust in him being Cuban, but my lack of trust in men period.