+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hate, Racism, Crime and Calgary Alberta, Canada

A

Albertagoverner

Calgary has the Highest number of Hate crime and Racism related Offenses. Watch & learn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoYxGOwJM5w&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu-TZSquyc8&feature=related

Minorities were denied to get enter into bar in Calgary:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgHelRCSxQw&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NOWsIh6XVo

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
I think that paints an unfair picture of Alberta,While there are rednecks,By and Large Albertans are a Tolerant,respectful people,Of course in Vancouver,Where the Minorities are the majority,Its a Totally different situation.In a few stores and restaurants white people are served last and made to feel second class.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BCguy said:
I think that paints an unfair picture of Alberta,While there are rednecks,By and Large Albertans are a Tolerant,respectful people,Of course in Vancouver,Where the Minorities are the majority,Its a Totally different situation.In a few stores and restaurants white people are served last and made to feel second class.
That's discrimination too. I know my massage therapist said she went to a chinese store in West Ed mall and wanted to buy some oils. The guy for some reason did not want to sell her this particular oil so he pretended not to speak any English. She said it was surreal because she had shopped there many times before and his English was then good as well as he was not having any problems speaking English that day either to the customer that was ahead of her. Me and a friend of mine once walked into a Vietnamese restaurant in Edmonton and everybody turned around and just stared at us. We felt like we walked in on a meeting by the Vietnamese mafia or something. Maybe we did. We just slowly walked out again :)

Mike053

Feb 9, 2009
Leon said:
BCguy said:
That's discrimination too. I know my massage therapist said she went to a chinese store in West Ed mall and wanted to buy some oils. The guy for some reason did not want to sell her this particular oil so he pretended not to speak any English. She said it was surreal because she had shopped there many times before and his English was then good as well as he was not having any problems speaking English that day either to the customer that was ahead of her. Me and a friend of mine once walked into a Vietnamese restaurant in Edmonton and everybody turned around and just stared at us. We felt like we walked in on a meeting by the Vietnamese mafia or something. Maybe we did. We just slowly walked out again :)

Guys, I have been to Toronto, Vancouver and Edmonton.....Truth is DONOT expect the same equality and welcome you experience you get when you go to a restaurant like Olive Garden, Cheesecake factory, etc etc high end restaurants in USA (not talking about burger kings here).

Canada is much different and racially segregated than US. believe me or go to some decent restaurant in Canada and check out....compare the uneasiness with your US experiences....

C

cchabert

Interesting to know, I'm going anyway and later I'll post my experience :-D

bendjoe

Aug 23, 2008
Albertagoverner said:
Calgary has the Highest number of Hate crime and Racism related Offenses. Watch & learn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoYxGOwJM5w&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu-TZSquyc8&feature=related

Minorities were denied to get enter into bar in Calgary:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgHelRCSxQw&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NOWsIh6XVo
Are you trying to scare people away from Alberta? Earlier it was no-to-canada now racism. What is next?
There will be tensions when races, religions and cultures come together.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2083677_deal-racism.html

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
Dec - 2009 CIC App. Filed..: May 2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
There are exceptions everywhere, and that is not going to change my decision. I am going too.

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am going too (as long as they give me PR visa). If Calgary has racism, hate crimes etc, I will move to Edmonton. If Edmonton has the same, I will move to Lethbridge. If the same thing happens in Lethbridge, I will move to Vancouver, BC. I will have good reason to tell the AINP people why I moved out of Alberta (or why I was kicked out by good people of Alberta).

AbuMalik

Star Member
Dec 11, 2008
WoW, good Optimism, being smart Cool man !!

nix1 said:
I am going too (as long as they give me PR visa). If Calgary has racism, hate crimes etc, I will move to Edmonton. If Edmonton has the same, I will move to Lethbridge. If the same thing happens in Lethbridge, I will move to Vancouver, BC. I will have good reason to tell the AINP people why I moved out of Alberta (or why I was kicked out by good people of Alberta).

C

cchabert

nix1 said:
Closer to the North Pole sure is not crime ;-)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, there is racism to some degree everywhere. Being white, I can't really tell anybody what it feels like to be not white and living in Canada but I had a Filipino buddy at work and he never complained about being treated badly. I heard one S-American guy I was working with once refer to himself as being brown in the context of him having hit some womans car in a parking lot and she was trying to take advantage of him because he's brown but I think he was just being a jerk because he caused the accident and should have paid for her damages. He did make up with the woman though and ended up fixing the dent on her car himself. That is the only incident of having heard somebody have any problems but maybe some people don't talk about it. There was also one guy at my workplace who was obviously an arab guy with a full beard and cute knitted hat and some of the German immigrants were calling him "the terrorist". I don't think they ever did to his face though. There was also a case of a Romanian immgrant calling a Serb immigrant "the terrorist" but they were both white though.

It's still common to see all kinds of people doing all kinds of jobs in Canada. Girl with a head scarf working in the KFC or guy with a turban driving a bus, as a police officer, as a pharmacist or whatever. Still, it's a lot more diverse in Toronto than in any city in AB.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Albertagoverner said:
I am not trying to scare people from Calgary, instead I am just making them ready for certain things so while they arrive, are not shocked.
You have a point though. The more ppl you scare away from Canada, the more jobs there will be for you :)
Are you still waiting for your nomination or did you apply for PR already?

bb0310

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
Racism exists everywhere even in our home countries. If you do encounter hate crimes then report it to the authorities, Canada doen't tolerate such acts.

"Everyone's a little bit racist sometimes. Doesn't mean we go around committing hate crimes. Look around and you will find no one's really color blind. Maybe it's a fact we all should face. Everyone makes judgments based on race." - Avenue Q.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Just wondering if you have been in US... just so I can compare :))

Thanks

Albertagoverner said:
Leon said:
Albertagoverner said:
I am not trying to scare people from Calgary, instead I am just making them ready for certain things so while they arrive, are not shocked.
You have a point though. The more ppl you scare away from Canada, the more jobs there will be for you :)
Are you still waiting for your nomination or did you apply for PR already?
I am helping my buddies, My Naturalization Application is in process. Within 5-6 months I will have Canadian Passport.