+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hate, Racism, Crime and Calgary Alberta, Canada

bendjoe

Aug 23, 2008
ingegarcia said:
Just wondering if you have been in US... just so I can compare :))

Thanks

Albertagoverner said:
Leon said:
Albertagoverner said:
I am not trying to scare people from Calgary, instead I am just making them ready for certain things so while they arrive, are not shocked.
You have a point though. The more ppl you scare away from Canada, the more jobs there will be for you :)
Are you still waiting for your nomination or did you apply for PR already?
I am helping my buddies, My Naturalization Application is in process. Within 5-6 months I will have Canadian Passport.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/alberta-immigrant-nominee-program-h1b-holders-cic-process-t11870.0.html;msg54784#msg54784

His first post.

koolguyme

Star Member
Mar 2, 2009
I bet AlbertaGoverner will stop replying on this thread now. Off to another thread....may be claiming that he is actually Canadian citizen by birth and is here to help people immigrate to his motherland...there he goes...:)

AbuMalik

Star Member
Dec 11, 2008
Dear AlbertaGoverner,

There is no need to lie, I know you joined this forum later than me (somewhere in Jan) and I still remember your question that you had raised ..

Do you remember this .. ??????

Re: Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (H1B Holders) CIC Process
« Reply #262 on: January 07, 2009, 01:36:22 am »
Hello Everybody:

I just joined this forum. I also applied for SRS AINP, let's see what happens. I have a question As the proof of employment may include: Contract, employer offer letter, pay stub or/and reference letter so Contract should be enough to apply right? because some employers just pay direct deposit and do not send pay stub so consultant can be sticked with them for long time. Any opinion?

Also the link ...

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/alberta-immigrant-nominee-program-h1b-holders-cic-process-t11870.0.html;msg54784#msg54784

I have a eye on you the day you used vulgar language on all H1B holders .. someone had also posted the snapshot of yours too recently ..

Anyways, all the best Mate.. God bless you and wish you get your nomination soon ..
Albertagoverner said:
Leon said:
Albertagoverner said:
I am not trying to scare people from Calgary, instead I am just making them ready for certain things so while they arrive, are not shocked.
You have a point though. The more ppl you scare away from Canada, the more jobs there will be for you :)
Are you still waiting for your nomination or did you apply for PR already?
I am helping my buddies, My Naturalization Application is in process. Within 5-6 months I will have Canadian Passport.

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
Dec - 2009 CIC App. Filed..: May 2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
He says he recently joined the forum and has 390 post already.

http://s671.photobucket.com/albums/vv78/ell_bee2009/?action=view&current=AG1.jpg

One can easily go and delete the post he has put. So I put in this image :)

vsrao

Mar 10, 2009
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Even though it is good to be there on PR......... rather than being on H1B in USA.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Albertagoverner said:
Ok, so why would you have applied for the H1B program in January if you are already in Canada and PR for 3 years (which are the requirements to apply for citizenship)? I suppose you just wanted to test the speed of the system so you could better help your buddies? :)

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
What the hell? Boy I'm I disappointed? yes. Why? because this is happening to some human beings.Will I give up? no. Calgary is a city in a 1st world country of course these things will happen. Discrimination occurs everyday every second in all parts of the world. It is how you handle it as an individual that matters. As for me I like looking at the good side of things or let me say stay positive.

AbuMalik

Star Member
Dec 11, 2008
LOL !!
Leon said:
Albertagoverner said:
Ok, so why would you have applied for the H1B program in January if you are already in Canada and PR for 3 years (which are the requirements to apply for citizenship)? I suppose you just wanted to test the speed of the system so you could better help your buddies? :)

divagirl

Jan 8, 2009
Do you think there is no racism in the US? I have talked to the first generation people who came in the 60s and 70s and have said that there was racism here too. It's only a matter of time, it would change there too...

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
divagirl said:
Do you think there is no racism in the US? I have talked to the first generation people who came in the 60s and 70s and have said that there was racism here too. It's only a matter of time, it would change there too...
There is racism even now in the US. Just that its different from place to place. If you go to NJ, Chicago, Dallas.. etc where there are lots of immigrants, there is not so much. But try going to pre-dominant white places and you will find some residual of that there yet.

AbuMalik

Star Member
Dec 11, 2008
You are right Diva, even in the 60's there were still signs boards for colored (in restaurants and stations..) in the US ..

Here is a link on wiki during the 1940's

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Crow_laws#World_War_II_era

divagirl said:

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
Hi Folks,

I went on a vaction to Toronto, Friday - Sunday. It was good. I did not experience anything which was racist towards me. I know it is a short time. But I do plan to visit Calgary/Edmonton sometime in Summer. ( I have a multiple entry Visitor Visa for Canada valid till Jan 2010).

Its not as bad as discussed in the forum. Definately not any different than the US.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Toronto is not the same as Calgary/Edmonton. Toronto is the largest and most diverse city in Canada. I lived in Toronto and sometimes I felt like I was the only white guy on the metro. See http://www.toronto.ca/toronto_facts/diversity.htm

Edmonton/Calgary are not very diverse. They are also smaller, about 1 million people each. Check Calgary's "diversity" here: http://www.calgaryeconomicdevelopment.com/liveWorkPlay/Live/demographics.cfm##pop_ethnic_origins

Not so say that it's horrible but it is definitely not like Toronto.

kurt08

Apr 22, 2009
i have work in europe and Asia beofre i got my job here in BC,honestly ive been here for nine months working as a Food and Beverage server in one restaurant in vancouver,whats nice being here is that i have NEVER been discriminated ( ORAL OR BY ACTION ) in BC,everybody respect you whatever culture or background or origin you may have.people here are very much much aware of what discrimination and racism are,thats why for me BC is the best city in canada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!