+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has anyone been experiencing delay in getting your PR?

Jaise

Star Member
Dec 10, 2020
Hello,

I was wondering what the application status is like for you as we have very similar AOR dates... For me, there has been no change:(
What is the current status of you guys application? Mine says processing background check. It' s showing like that for 3 months. I am wondering whether these background check is delayed only for indian citizens. Anyone from India have similar experience?

egam189

May 30, 2019
Category........
CEC
What is the current status of you guys application? Mine says processing background check. It' s showing like that for 3 months. I am wondering whether these background check is delayed only for indian citizens. Anyone from India have similar experience?
I just got my PR on Tuesday! Background check doesn’t always reflect on the portal. Now that I got my PR, the portal shows that my background check was completed 27 April 2020; before PR, it always said we are processing your background check.

MapleVivi

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Mine AOR is March, 2020, and I still haven't gotten my PR. I've done all the things I needed to do including biometrics on my end. I'm not from India FYI and I don't see any specific mention on my background check....

Reactions: Jaise

MapleVivi

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
I just got my PR on Tuesday! Background check doesn’t always reflect on the portal. Now that I got my PR, the portal shows that my background check was completed 27 April 2020; before PR, it always said we are processing your background check.
Congratulations!! :) May I ask when your AOR was? And by when do you have to land in Canada? As anxious as I am to get my PR ASAP, now that the 2000 dollar hotel quarantine rule is in place, I am really hoping I'll be able to land when that rule has been abolished or people like us will be exempt from this law.

Jaise

Star Member
Dec 10, 2020
Congrats

Reactions: egam189

Jaise

Star Member
Dec 10, 2020
Mine AOR is March, 2020, and I still haven't gotten my PR. I've done all the things I needed to do including biometrics on my end. I'm not from India FYI and I don't see any specific mention on my background check....
My AOR was on May 2020.

Jaise

Star Member
Dec 10, 2020
Which category you applied?

egam189

May 30, 2019
Category........
CEC
Congratulations!! :) May I ask when your AOR was? And by when do you have to land in Canada? As anxious as I am to get my PR ASAP, now that the 2000 dollar hotel quarantine rule is in place, I am really hoping I'll be able to land when that rule has been abolished or people like us will be exempt from this law.
AOR 31 Dec 2019, details can be found on my signature. I’m already in Canada :)