+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has anyone been experiencing delay in getting your PR?

MapleVivi

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Hello there,

It's been only 10 days more than the estimated completion date, but I am seeing this message on my CIC account:

"Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.

About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete.

If you aren't seeing updates, contact us using this Web form. Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to."

Does this imply that my application's delay is affected by the COVID 19, or is it just referring to the nature of the complexity of my application? If so, is there anything I could have done to avoid the complexity or delay?
Has anyone gotten the same message?

I am trying to ease my anxiety and keep positive, but I can't help but wonder how long more I am going to have to wait...

Thank you in advance for sharing your experiences.

AlexiBaron

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
Hello there,

It's been only 10 days more than the estimated completion date, but I am seeing this message on my CIC account:

About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete.

If you aren't seeing updates, contact us using this Web form. Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to."

Does this imply that my application's delay is affected by the COVID 19, or is it just referring to the nature of the complexity of my application? If so, is there anything I could have done to avoid the complexity or delay?

I am trying to ease my anxiety and keep positive, but I can't help but wonder how long more I am going to have to wait...

Hi
This is same conditions for me also. AOR March 20, 2020. Dont worry, we should wait.

Reactions: MapleVivi

Y2worry

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
Hello there,

I am in same boat as u, my file is saying exactly same as urs, can u share ur timeline plz?

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Not sure if you’re aware but there is a global pandemic going on, which can delay processing of applications. It’s written all over CIC website. You can easily find that information there.

MapleVivi

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Not sure if you’re aware but there is a global pandemic going on, which can delay processing of applications. It’s written all over CIC website. You can easily find that information there.
Not sure if you understand the logic behind the question of this thread, but I’ve been anxious and wondering how long more I should wait and if anyone has been experiencing the same delay and if so, how long.

MaplePandaUK

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
It's frustrating but there are delays everywhere and a big backlog due to how IRCC was operating on a very limited capacity for the first months of the pandemic. My own situation is that I could only do my biometrics at the beginning of November. This was after a month+ of waiting for my phone call to book, when June and July, even August applicants were getting the call before me. They say they are processing in a particular order (calling in order of AOR, who has been waiting for the longest etc) but they really aren't. It's all totally random and the steps after biometrics seem to be processed totally randomly too when looking at who is getting COPR and who isn't at the moment. It's not normal times and it looks like there has been a bit of a mess at IRCC, but all we can do is sit back and get our ducks in a row where we actually have control of the situation, like applying for bridging permits, etc. Not ideal but it's happening and need to ride it out somehow!

kajnala

Star Member
Oct 16, 2015
It's frustrating but there are delays everywhere and a big backlog due to how IRCC was operating on a very limited capacity for the first months of the pandemic. My own situation is that I could only do my biometrics at the beginning of November. This was after a month+ of waiting for my phone call to book, when June and July, even August applicants were getting the call before me. They say they are processing in a particular order (calling in order of AOR, who has been waiting for the longest etc) but they really aren't. It's all totally random and the steps after biometrics seem to be processed totally randomly too when looking at who is getting COPR and who isn't at the moment. It's not normal times and it looks like there has been a bit of a mess at IRCC, but all we can do is sit back and get our ducks in a row where we actually have control of the situation, like applying for bridging permits, etc. Not ideal but it's happening and need to ride it out somehow!
may, june and july getting copr, because visa officer wants to show that they are following timeline of 6 months so that audit report should be fine and shows pr approval in 6 months.it is unfair!