+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has anyone been experiencing delay in getting your PR?

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
Yes after 6months this is the standard stupid response auto posted to everyone’s account which makes no sense for CEC applicants who are in Canada.

you cannot visit them, no use of calling or raising webform, only thing we can do is wait as IrCC hold no accountability once application is submitted.

Reactions: MapleVivi

gp_2020

Oct 21, 2020
Some times you get some unwanted guests on this platform who just give suggestions which are not even solicited - like they will tell- you should understand pandemic and who asked u to apply and stay in ur country. Just ignore this crap

You have every reason to be feel frustrated and discuss that here which everyone has right to do.

now coming to ur question. Yes after 6months this is the standard stupid response auto posted to everyone’s account which makes no sense for CEC applicants who are in Canada.

you cannot visit them, no use of calling or raising webform, only thing we can do is wait as IrCC hold no accountability once application is submitted.
how is your sentence IRCC hold no accountability gives any value to this forum, doctor?

ForUs2020

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
May 16 2020
Even as we cannot change their processing style, it's only natural and human for people to feel frustrated. This is to all these IRCC defenders here.

My own point is this - If IRCC and SC can follow the AOR date in calling people for bio and also granting the approvals and COPR's, it would make things easier on us and them

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
we can tweet to ircc or send email to immigration department that it should be according to list

Unfortunately, these things won't help unless some law maker in this country becomes representative of the prospective immigrants. I am sure no politician will like to burn hands in this topic as he or she may face agony from the current citizens.

We can only follow up with very little expectations that some one will respond back to us properly.

Reactions: Dundas2020

MapleVivi

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
may, june and july getting copr, because visa officer wants to show that they are following timeline of 6 months so that audit report should be fine and shows pr approval in 6 months.it is unfair!
It's frustrating but there are delays everywhere and a big backlog due to how IRCC was operating on a very limited capacity for the first months of the pandemic. My own situation is that I could only do my biometrics at the beginning of November. This was after a month+ of waiting for my phone call to book, when June and July, even August applicants were getting the call before me. They say they are processing in a particular order (calling in order of AOR, who has been waiting for the longest etc) but they really aren't. It's all totally random and the steps after biometrics seem to be processed totally randomly too when looking at who is getting COPR and who isn't at the moment. It's not normal times and it looks like there has been a bit of a mess at IRCC, but all we can do is sit back and get our ducks in a row where we actually have control of the situation, like applying for bridging permits, etc. Not ideal but it's happening and need to ride it out somehow!
Hi, thank you for your reply and sharing your experience.

It is really frustrating as we can't put our lives on hold forever, but then IRCC does not provide the slightest information on where they are in our applications.... If they could at least give us the approximate timeline, I could decide whether to extend my current job contract or not, etc....

I hope we will both hear good news from them in no time.

Santy18

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
I have the same issue. My application exceeds estimated date and waiting almost 1 month.
There must be an email id to the PM's office..you can do a web search. If all the folks on this forum waiting from Jan to May/June were to write emails to the PMO, with the immigration/PR subject line, it might get forwarded to the immigration ministry and Mendocino's office to look into. The flood of emails complaining of the same/similar issue might trigger something positive..who knows? Again, just an option..I am sure they are all working towards a certain good. Patience and positivity is a virtue though..