AOR Received.
12-21-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
16-10-2017
Hi All - I am trying to get first time H-1B stamp in Canada. Therefore, It would be really helpful if you could please answer these questions.
- I am a Canada PR, working and residing in the US. Am I eligible to get first time H1B stamp in Canada?
- Are there slots available for regular H-1B stamping in the coming months of this year in any of the US consulates?

Thanks!!
- I was a US resident with Canadian PR when I applied for my first time H1B stamp in Vancouver. I flew in from the US and had my interview then went back to US.
- Most slots have filled up for all locations for this year. It helps to keep checking as some slots might open up due to people canceling. 2022 has open slots, some earlier depending on the location.

hopefulnewbie

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
Mine was Aug 26 or something like that.
I just got the same email now that my appointment will be cancelled :(

I don't know why they are not honouring their appointments when they open the dates themselves and allow us to select and make plans around it!!

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
My august appointment too got cancelled. Just got an email. Hufff.
Any idea how many times we can reschedule an appointment??

gmaple07

Jun 7, 2021
Yes. Do you also have an appointment coming up? Bdw any idea on how many times we can reschedule an appointment?
nope, have not scheduled it yet - hoping to do so in the coming few weeks . Reg rescheduling - i think as long as the fees paid receipt is valid (MRV as they call it ) is valid- we can reschedule it - since they are the ones cancelling it anyway ..lol. They have extended the payment validity till Sep 2022.

VOBuckeye

Mar 10, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-09-2016
AOR Received.
12-21-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
16-10-2017
My august appointment too got cancelled. Just got an email. Hufff.
Any idea how many times we can reschedule an appointment??
Did you check your appointment time? Alot of people are reporting that they got an email rescheduling for same day, different time slots. If you look closely it's the same date, but time has been changed. My Aug appt in Calgary was moved half hour earlier same day.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Did you check your appointment time? Alot of people are reporting that they got an email rescheduling for same day, different time slots. If you look closely it's the same date, but time has been changed. My Aug appt in Calgary was moved half hour earlier same day.
No, i didn't get anything of that sort. Only cancellation email was received and nothing after that. Miine is in montreal. Why did they have to move a half hour earlier? Did they move it by themselves or you had to reschedule it?

dry.00

Oct 4, 2018
At least yours didn't get cancelled.
My Toronto appointment has been getting cancelled and I had to reschedule on my own.
I seriously hope that they start conducting interviews soon. It's like they're not working at all

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
At least yours didn't get cancelled.
My Toronto appointment has been getting cancelled and I had to reschedule on my own.
I seriously hope that they start conducting interviews soon. It's like they're not working at all
Hey any idea on how many times can we reschedule the interviews?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
nope, have not scheduled it yet - hoping to do so in the coming few weeks . Reg rescheduling - i think as long as the fees paid receipt is valid (MRV as they call it ) is valid- we can reschedule it - since they are the ones cancelling it anyway ..lol. They have extended the payment validity till Sep 2022.
Are you using AVR as well??

irnovo

Dec 17, 2015
I noted that for single H1B applicants, the appointment booking system shows open slots in 2022. However, we are a family of 5 (two adults), and for us, system shows no appointments are available at all and we cant even pay the fees!

Question#1: I already put "Toronto" in the DS-160. Can I still book appointment (when it opens) in other cities in Canada? The FAQ#7 here indicate that YES I can. DS160 FAQS. But on the appointment booking system, it says the location of interview must match the location in the DS-160. Confused! Really have no energy to fill 5 DS-160s again :(

Question#2: Is there such a rule that the H1B stamping interview/appointment should be within XX number of days of the H1B start date? I read somewhere that the H1B stamping is only allowed within 90 days of the H1B start date, but I couldn't verify it.

Really appreciate if someone can answer these questions. Hope things get better for all of us soon.

Last edited: