+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B visa appointment availability

starp

Jul 27, 2021
Hello everyone,
Does anyone know if it's possible to schedule an appointment for H1b stamping (extension) in Canada for non-Canada resident?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Are there any chances of getting an expedited appointment if we're coming into Canada from the US?
Firstly you need to pay the fee and book an appointment. Currently the dates are in 2022. And then after a month or so you can request expedite. Expedite requests are only considered right now for certain reasons. So its like 50-50 chances of getting your expedite request getting approved.

vik321

Jul 13, 2018
Hello, I am looking for help. Anyone recently been to Mexico for H1b stamping?

My situation: I am Canadian PR & Indian citizen & living in Canada near border. Few month back I was laid off from H1b job while i was living in Canada. My H1b stamping is expired. I have a new job offer and planning to apply for Consular H1b processing.There is no option for immediate stamping in Canada ( non emergency appointment) & India, . I am able to travel to Mexico as a Canadian PR holder so wondering if H1b stamping in Mexico is possible. Thank You!

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hello, I am looking for help. Anyone recently been to Mexico for H1b stamping?

My situation: I am Canadian PR & Indian citizen & living in Canada near border. Few month back I was laid off from H1b job while i was living in Canada. My H1b stamping is expired. I have a new job offer and planning to apply for Consular H1b processing.There is no option for immediate stamping in Canada ( non emergency appointment) & India, . I am able to travel to Mexico as a Canadian PR holder so wondering if H1b stamping in Mexico is possible. Thank You!
You can go to Mexico for stamping. Stamping at third country is same like anyone from US(on H1) getting stamped in Canada(without being a PR).
As long as you have enough time to get back the passport in Mexico, i dont see an issue.
H1 guys at south used to go to mexico for stamping hence is not something new.

if asked, tell that you got appointment availability in mexico whereas its not available in Canada.
Check the covid restrictions for the stamping(14 days before stamping date to be inside Mexico or whatever if applicable).

As this forum is focused on Canada, you wont find any persons stamped recently in Mexico. Try trackitt or some other website threads.

vik321

Jul 13, 2018
You can go to Mexico for stamping. Stamping at third country is same like anyone from US(on H1) getting stamped in Canada(without being a PR).
As long as you have enough time to get back the passport in Mexico, i dont see an issue.
H1 guys at south used to go to mexico for stamping hence is not something new.

if asked, tell that you got appointment availability in mexico whereas its not available in Canada.
Check the covid restrictions for the stamping(14 days before stamping date to be inside Mexico or whatever if applicable).

As this forum is focused on Canada, you wont find any persons stamped recently in Mexico. Try trackitt or some other website threads.
Thanks!

chaudri

Feb 1, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2017
Med's Done....
11-06-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
LANDED..........
23 April 2018
any idea when the blocked dates from 2021 are going to open up for Toronto consulate? It's getting so frustrating now.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
any idea when the blocked dates from 2021 are going to open up for Toronto consulate? It's getting so frustrating now.
All are waiting for that but its all up in the air. No news regarding consulates opening. May be once the borders open up and after two weeks or 4 weeks we can expect to hear something. may be this is too much of optimism from our side ! Lol.

I think that is their least priority.

despairedh1b

Star Member
Oct 7, 2018
I completed my landing last year, however, could not move for personal reasons. As a PR, if I try to enter Canada for H1-B stamping and return, will the expectation be that my GTF will be processed? or can I mention at the border that I will be settling at a later date?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
I completed my landing last year, however, could not move for personal reasons. As a PR, if I try to enter Canada for H1-B stamping and return, will the expectation be that my GTF will be processed? or can I mention at the border that I will be settling at a later date?
You can mention that you will be moving after clearing out things back in US. Not a problem. But how soon are you looking for stamping in Canada? The latest appointment dates available as of now are April 2022.

May 23, 2020
I made a mistake in my UVA application for first time H1B stamping in Toronto. Rather than answer "no' to the questions regarding renewing visa, I erroneously responded yes which triggered a courier service thing sent to me asking me to send documents to the Toronto consulate. The support guys at UVA say I have to reach out to the consulate. Is it advisable? Will it affect anything? I am a Canadian PR living in the US.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I made a mistake in my UVA application for first time H1B stamping in Toronto. Rather than answer "no' to the questions regarding renewing visa, I erroneously responded yes which triggered a courier service thing sent to me asking me to send documents to the Toronto consulate. The support guys at UVA say I have to reach out to the consulate. Is it advisable? Will it affect anything? I am a Canadian PR living in the US.
Seems no choice other than contacting them. But I dont see any issues. Its not misrepresentation, dont worry.
I hope that they will ask you to send the documents instead of coming for interview. Contact them and see if they can revert to appointment scheduling.

harrygill2308

Feb 4, 2019
Hey so my visa was approved on Monday in Calgary.. Anyone has any idea how long does it take to receive the passport because i cant see ay updates online. as of today morning..

harrygill2308

Feb 4, 2019
yes, you can. I emailed the consulate info center to ask the same question and here is the reply. see below

log in to your system profile and click on Continue then on the link Update Delivery Location and follow the instructions.

You may also request your documents shipped to your residence or other address in Canada at an additional cost of $21.00 CAD, or select a Canada Post office at an additional cost of $17.00 CAD. Click on the option Continue then on the link Request Premium Delivery and follow the instructions.
Hey so my visa was approved on Monday in Calgary.. Do u have any idea how long does it take to receive the passport because i cant see ay updates online...