Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
What should we select during signup between the two options , if have approved canada PR but would be coming first time to Canada:
1) I am a Non Canadian Citizen residing in the U.S. and want to apply for a visa.
2) I am a Non Canadian Citizen residing in Canada who has completed the U.S. Nonimmigrant Visa Application (DS-160) form and want to apply for a visa.
Thanks
Where do you currently reside? It doesnt matter if you have PR for Canada or not.
Option 1 to be selected if your residence is US. Option 2 should be selected if you have moved to Canada(doesnt matter if you commute to US or not).

Any one had luck in booking visa interview dates in Toronto for this year ?
I have been trying for almost 6 weeks but no luck.
Are you resident of US? If so then possibly Toronto consulate have very few slots open for non-residents. If not you should be able to get the appointments quickly(thats case usually but not sure in the recent months).

Also i am seeing huge wait time. Possibly thats the reason.
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas.html

prusa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Has anyone booked H1B visa dates in Canada recently? I see there are no dates available for any embassy other than Montreal and that too the earliest is in June?

The only other option is to select "Are you travelling from another country to apply for a U.S. Visa in Canada? Idk if checking that option would result in another other problem?

ustocanada49

Star Member
Jan 6, 2017
HI,

Any luck. What earliest dates do you see in Toronto currently?

Has anyone booked H1B visa dates in Canada recently? I see there are no dates available for any embassy other than Montreal and that too the earliest is in June?

The only other option is to select "Are you travelling from another country to apply for a U.S. Visa in Canada? Idk if checking that option would result in another other problem?

Bina5

Dec 21, 2019
Hi i have received my COPR and i have to travel to canada before april 4th, so i am planning to travel in first week of march .
Also i need to get my H1 stamped(this is my first time).

There aren't any slots available in toronto . Any suggestions what could be done in worst case scenarios?

prusa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Hi i have received my COPR and i have to travel to canada before april 4th, so i am planning to travel in first week of march .
Also i need to get my H1 stamped(this is my first time).

There aren't any slots available in toronto . Any suggestions what could be done in worst case scenarios?
From what it looks like there aren't any dates in any Canadian embassy. Have you checked out AVR yet?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
What do you mean by worst case scenario? Below options are known to you.
If you have extended I94 then you can use it to return back after landing without stamping. Or go to your country of citizenship for stamping.
Is there any other issue have or are you looking for some other way?

prusa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
What do you mean by worst case scenario? Below options are known to you.
If you have extended I94 then you can use it to return back after landing without stamping. Or go to your country of citizenship for stamping.
Is there any other issue have or are you looking for some other way?
I don't think he is aware that he can come back to the USA without a visa stamping

sarcastic_kid

Jan 27, 2020
Has anyone got an appointment recently in Vancouver? I cant see any availability in any city in Canada.
Do you know when do new appointments open up, if they do?
US Non-immigrant visa. Residing in the US.

Yayati

Jan 31, 2020
Hi, I got the Visa date today on Jan 31st for June 2020 in Vancouver, after repeatedly trying for a while now, I am residing in US and will get my visa stamped in Vancouver, All the best!

Ctv92

Jul 11, 2019
Honestly just keep checking multiple times daily.
On like the 10th try today (no kidding) i managed to get Toronto mid april..locked that down but ideally want something sooner (you can reschedule as many times as needed up until 3 days before appointment date).

When i got that slot there was also a Vancouver open for feb 7. also a Calgary for sept. so its just down to luck really.
I just kept refreshing at least once every hour..checking all the posts.

Re the question "are you traveling from another country to apply for a US visa in Canada?" Answer honestly (Even if its tempting to say no as that offers more interview dates). In December, my sister witnessed someone in Ottawa get turned away for answering no and not being able to provide PR card. That'll be considered misrepresentation and can go permanently on your file.

Last edited: