+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B Dropbox at Vancouver - Timeline & Experience

Oct 4, 2023
Thanks for the response. I just checked and it shows the below.

Your case is open and ready for your interview, fingerprints, and required documents. If you have already had your interview, please check your status after two business days.
For more information, please visit U.S. Consulate General Vancouver.

Does this mean, I need to schedule and attend the interview. Did you see the above statement when you checked?

Application ID or Case Number:XXXXXXXXX
Case Created:12-Oct-2023
Case Last Updated:16-Oct-2023
oh okay. just keep checking and it shud be issued soon.

Reactions: Yaswanthreddy

heroicdeath

Apr 14, 2021
My 4yr old daughter was not eligible for dropbox and have visa interview scheduled on Dec 8th at Toronto. I am checking everyday to reschedule but no dates available. We need to wait for 2 more months to get her visa stamped. Has anyone expedited Visa interview for H4 with this kind of reason?
You could try drafting a letter using ChatGPT for expedited appointment, or ask your in-house legal counsel to help you with this.

acidreflux78

Oct 27, 2023
Sharing my timeline here.

Thursday, Oct. 12 - Submitted DS-160 and created profile.
Friday, Oct. 13 - Received instructions
Monday, Oct. 16 - Sent application
Wednesday, Oct. 18 - Application received according to Canada Post
Thursday, Oct. 19 PM - Status on DoS website updated to Application Received
Friday, Oct. 20 AM - Approved
Friday, Oct. 20 PM - Issued
Tuesday, Oct. 24 - Passport ready for pickup

PR holder and have BC drivers license. Have a local address as well.

Oct 4, 2023
Daughter's expedited visa interview process (H4);
Expedite Reason : Job must start in US on Nov13th and was carrying offer letter for proof.
Original Interview Appointment at Toronto - Dec 8th;
Expedite requested : 19th Oct 2023
Expedite Approval : 19th Oct 2023 ( it got approved in 30 mins after submitting the request online)
Interview Scheduled by consular officer: 27th Oct 2023 ( at Vancouver location, we reside here)
Questions during Visa interview for me ( no questions for my daughter) :
1) Where are you going in US?
2) What is your Job role?
Visa approved in the interview (No questions about expediting reason)
Visa Issued - 30th Oct 2023
Picked up the pass port at Canada Post - 31st Oct 2023

Documents asked during interview: I797 and my passport with h1b stamp

Note : I was eligible for drop box and got stamped at Vancouver location

Reactions: swan0206

VaishaliAkilesh

Star Member
Jul 10, 2021
USA
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
App. Filed.......
29-08-2021
Passport Req..
24-09-2021
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2021
Hi there! Needed some help with this query. My husband and I are Canadian permanent residents. We moved from the states and my husband had a h1b. Now he wants to apply for for b1/b2 are we eligible for Dropbox?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hi there! Needed some help with this query. My husband and I are Canadian permanent residents. We moved from the states and my husband had a h1b. Now he wants to apply for for b1/b2 are we eligible for Dropbox?
My 2 cents. It has to be same Visa class to get eligible for dropbox. If they had changed any rules now then you should get a dropbox. Or else its through appointment. Complete the questionnaire and pay the fee on the portal then you will get to know if you are eligible for dropbox or not.

Last edited:

VaishaliAkilesh

Star Member
Jul 10, 2021
USA
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
App. Filed.......
29-08-2021
Passport Req..
24-09-2021
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2021
Thank you for the prompt response! I thought so too. I did fill out the form and answered the questions but he has to go via appointment. However, I did read on this thread that a couple of people were eligible for Dropbox based on being a Canadian PR and having any class/type visa issued previously.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Thank you for the prompt response! I thought so too. I did fill out the form and answered the questions but he has to go via appointment. However, I did read on this thread that a couple of people were eligible for Dropbox based on being a Canadian PR and having any class/type visa issued previously.
Its not based on one question but is based on those set of questions the system decides whether someone is eligible or not. However, when there is a change of Visa class its better go via appointment as few of them those posted in group either were called for interview or got an Administrative processing. So you never know.

dhmy4089

Dec 11, 2023
My documents delievered and signed today. Does this mean it is picked up by vancouver consulate? How would i know when it gets picked up?

Documents sent: Dec 8, 2023
Docuemnts delivered and signed: Dec 11, 2023

RMS12

Apr 17, 2018
Daughter's expedited visa interview process (H4);
Expedite Reason : Job must start in US on Nov13th and was carrying offer letter for proof.
Original Interview Appointment at Toronto - Dec 8th;
Expedite requested : 19th Oct 2023
Expedite Approval : 19th Oct 2023 ( it got approved in 30 mins after submitting the request online)
Interview Scheduled by consular officer: 27th Oct 2023 ( at Vancouver location, we reside here)
Questions during Visa interview for me ( no questions for my daughter) :
1) Where are you going in US?
2) What is your Job role?
Visa approved in the interview (No questions about expediting reason)
Visa Issued - 30th Oct 2023
Picked up the pass port at Canada Post - 31st Oct 2023

Documents asked during interview: I797 and my passport with h1b stamp

Note : I was eligible for drop box and got stamped at Vancouver location
Hi @sathishmech138,
Did you had your daughter in a separate group than yours while scheduling the appointment?

Applied as a group with my wife and child. Both of us have received interview waiver, however, our child has to attend the interview.
Since we are in the same group in the appointment, it says we have to "Attend Appointment" and send the documents with the person attending the interview in the group.
If we try to reschedule the appointment by selecting any of us, it says it will cancel the existing appointment, create a new group and it should be schedule again.