+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B Dropbox at Vancouver - Timeline & Experience

Akdnsll

Nov 23, 2022
So to be clear, you have dropped the documents at the consulate directly instead of shipping them? And also you have dropped/sent documents almost after 75days after submitting your application? If yes, may i know what made you take a gap of 2 and half months?
I think the timeline says that they just completed the DS 160 online on aug 5 but send the actual docs on nov 15 and it only took 8 (nov 23) days to get the status to reflect "Approved" online from the day they dropped them

TeenaPD

Aug 4, 2022
H1B Dropbox Vancouver Canada post. Canada PR
DS 160 completed: 5 Aug, 2022
Application completed: 5 Aug, 2022
Documents dropped at Vancouver: 15 Nov, 2022
Documents received by Vancouver consulate: 16 Nov, 2022
Status "Approved": 23 Nov, 2022
Shipping label generated for home address delivery in Canada: 25 Nov, 2022
Passport delivered to home address: 29 Nov, 2022

TeenaPD

Aug 4, 2022
So to be clear, you have dropped the documents at the consulate directly instead of shipping them? And also you have dropped/sent documents almost after 75days after submitting your application? If yes, may i know what made you take a gap of 2 and half months?
I dropped docs at Canada post in Vancouver Downtown. They take it to the consulate. You can submit documents within 1 year of paying the MRV fees.

Reactions: missedTheGCBus

Ozzyyy

Dec 25, 2021
Thought it might be helpful for someone who might be in similar situation and posting my timeline and recent experience with H1B dropbox at Vancouver consulate. Just a little bit of background I have been on H1B for over 6 years and had to move to Canada sometime ago as my role got transferred. I am a Canadian PR and since my role is now being moved back to US I ended up applying for H1B via dropbox (This seems to be an option for Canadian PR holders with any prior visa issued in any class after 2008).

Here goes my timeline:

04/25/2022 - Dropped off passport and other documents at nearest Canada Post asper instructions.
04/26/2022 - Canada Post status said delivered.
05/03/2022 - CEAC case status changed to "Application Received"
05/04/2022 - Case status updated to "Refused" with bunch of text mentioning it might need additional processing and so on. Received email from consular officer that they would need a copy of PR card and instructed me to email the document front/back. I actually submitted my application with landing document since my PR card has expired few months ago and original instructions didn't really ask for PR card in specific rather it mentioned "Proof of legal status in Canada". I was in an assumption that since my card expired though Landing document would just be Ok. But I guess not. Anyways sent them copy of PR Card and AOR of New PR card renewal that applied.
05/16/2022 - Received acknowledgement email from consular office that documents have been received and will be sent to officer for further processing.
05/17/2022 - Status updated to "Admin Processing"
05/18/2022 - Status updated to "Issued" and received Shipment notification

If I had sent the PR card copy in first place it might have been faster but mehh that ended up adding couple more weeks. I have had my last two H1B stampings done in Vancouver Consulate (in person at that time) since I became a PR while ago.
Did the text message come as soon as you saw the refused status or it took some days for them to send you the messages and instructions?

missedTheGCBus

Star Member
Sep 8, 2022
H1B Dropbox Vancouver (Never stamped in Canada but PR now)
5/28/22 DS 160 Complete
10/11/22 Canada Post Drop off
10/12/22 Delivered
10/13/22 CEAC - No Status
10/17/22 Application Received
10/19/22 Approved
10/20/22 Issued
Could you share what all documents you included in the application?

Also did you include an envelope for passport return?

missedTheGCBus

Star Member
Sep 8, 2022
what address did you send the documents to ? On their website there are two addresses and Even in the instruction documents the things are a little confusing.

This is what their contact us page mentions:

1075 West Pender Street
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6E 2M6

Phone: 604-685-4311
Emergency Phone: 604-685-4311
Fax: 604-685-7175

Mailing Address (Mail from Canada)
U.S. Consulate General Vancouver
112 - 1231 Pacific Blvd
Vancouver, BC
V6Z 0E2
Could someone confirm what address is to be used for the Vancouver consulate for dropbox

missedTheGCBus

Star Member
Sep 8, 2022
112-1231 Pacific Blvd, Vancouver, BC V6Z 0E2 , CA

Its a UPS Store on Pacific Blvd. https://goo.gl/maps/zpirM8xvdMrFvJAQ6

Deliveries get forwarded to Consulate from there (usually next day).
Thanks.

Who do you address it to when sending to that store should it be addressed to the US consulate?
And the envelope also should contain the three page pdf that the automated system generates?

And if I take the print-out to a BLS location they will manage the shipping label etc?

chappantikli

Star Member
Oct 11, 2018
Thanks.

Who do you address it to when sending to that store should it be addressed to the US consulate?
And the envelope also should contain the three page pdf that the automated system generates?

And if I take the print-out to a BLS location they will manage the shipping label etc?
I don't remember now sorry - just follow the instructions precisely and you should be fine. I didn't bother with BLS, just sent it myself using UPS. Good luck!

Reactions: missedTheGCBus

sentraj

Nov 16, 2016
PLEASE HELP.

My wife and daughter's H1/H4 application is refused and asked to come for an in-person interview.

It's available only in Apr 4th, could you please help suggest the ways you all have used to expedite the process.

OR ANY ONE HAS EARLIER APPOINTMENT that I can use.

You CAN reach me at skrbhuvani@gmail.com

PLEASE HELP.

rohit.joshi

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
Hello Everyone,
Did anyone recently apply for H1 Dropbox Visa Stamping in Vancouver Consulate. I wanted to know how's the timeline looking like.

Thanks,
Rohit

Rushpad

Aug 4, 2023
Hi, I have a question I'm just wondering if I'm eligible for the drop box option in Vancouver consulate. I am not a Canadian PR nor am I a Canadian citizen. I am a Filipino Citizen living in the USA with an H1b visa. My stay here in America is extended until 2026 but my visa stamp is expired. I wish to renew my H1b stamp in Vancouver. is that possible?

Oct 4, 2023
Hello Everyone,
I will be dropping of the documents thru Canada post for H1b visa stamping at Vancouver. It was not clear if i need to submit original I 797 or a copy.

(H) TEMPORARY WORKER
  • Receipt Number for your approved petition as it appears on your Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker Form I-129 or Notice of Action Form I-797 from USCIS (does not apply to H1B1 visa applicants).
  • Job offer from United States employer and a Certified Department of Labor approved application (applies to H1B1 visa applicants only).

heroicdeath

Apr 14, 2021
2023-09-11 - DS160 Completed
2023-09-12 - Dropbox Instructions Received
2023-09-25 - Mailed document package to them
2023-09-27 - Picked up by consular staff
2023-10-05 - No updates - CEAC - Your search did not return any data.

I screwed myself by coming with 2 public holidays in consecutive weeks lmao.

Mine is a H-1B1 not a H-1B, less documents involved but still a subcategory of H-1B.

Oct 4, 2023
Hi, I have a question I'm just wondering if I'm eligible for the drop box option in Vancouver consulate. I am not a Canadian PR nor am I a Canadian citizen. I am a Filipino Citizen living in the USA with an H1b visa. My stay here in America is extended until 2026 but my visa stamp is expired. I wish to renew my H1b stamp in Vancouver. is that possible?
Check this one : https://ca.usembassy.gov/visas/visa-renewal-by-mail/