+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B Dropbox at Vancouver - Timeline & Experience

jsharma

Jan 19, 2021
Sharing my timeline here.

Thursday, Oct. 12 - Submitted DS-160 and created profile.
Friday, Oct. 13 - Received instructions
Monday, Oct. 16 - Sent application
Wednesday, Oct. 18 - Application received according to Canada Post
Thursday, Oct. 19 PM - Status on DoS website updated to Application Received
Friday, Oct. 20 AM - Approved
Friday, Oct. 20 PM - Issued
Tuesday, Oct. 24 - Passport ready for pickup

PR holder and have BC drivers license. Have a local address as well.

Hey, I got the instruction today to courier in the documents for h1b. I have couple question on the required documents.
  • Receipt Number for your approved petition as it appears on your Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker Form I-129 or Notice of Action Form I-797 from USCIS (does not apply to H1B1 visa applicants). - Do I need to send original i797 or copy is fine?
  • Job offer from United States employer and a Certified Department of Labor approved application (applies to H1B1 visa applicants only). - Is it applies to H1b at all? Do I need to submit employer verification or job offer?
Can you please share list of documents you shared and got approved?
Thanks

devregati

Star Member
May 16, 2022
Hey, I got the instruction today to courier in the documents for h1b. I have couple question on the required documents.
  • Receipt Number for your approved petition as it appears on your Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker Form I-129 or Notice of Action Form I-797 from USCIS (does not apply to H1B1 visa applicants). - Do I need to send original i797 or copy is fine?
  • Job offer from United States employer and a Certified Department of Labor approved application (applies to H1B1 visa applicants only). - Is it applies to H1b at all? Do I need to submit employer verification or job offer?
Can you please share list of documents you shared and got approved?
Thanks
Copy is fine. The second one is for H1B1 ONLY.

Reactions: ryeCatcher

Saralynn97

Mar 7, 2018
Quick questions, for a B1/B2 visa renewal in Canada Montreal. I got the email instructions send my documents. I sent them but at my own expenses because I didn’t realize that They created a shipping label for me I realized that after I sent them on my own with Canada post. Will that be a problem? Document was sent to Ottawa location. I’m very worry about, document arrived on Sunday 17th of November. Please I need some advice

dhmy4089

Dec 11, 2023
Applied for H-1b visa through dropbox
Dropbox docs send through courier : Dec 8, 2023
Dropbox refused: Dec 15, 2023 (end of day)

I tried getting F1 visa stamp in india in June 2023 because I got frustrated and stressed. It got refused. so I expected this dropbox refusal

Asked to book interview: Dec 18, 2023. I booked for Jan 4th and asked them for expedite appointment. In vancouver, I can choose when I want it, I asked for Dec 21st hoping I will get passport back by Dec 20. I wrote a sad text saying I have been out for 8 months, and I cant afford rent in canada and mortgage in US for 1 more extra day. Also, generic text that my employer would like to have me back soon. They approved next day morning and got today's slot at 9:30

Interview
1. what my company does?
2. roles and responsibilities
3. reason I was asked to come to interview was my F1 refusal, why would I apply to F1 after 2 H1s, was something wrong with my H1 extension?
I said my I140 was applied late, so I had to come out of US, I thought I could apply for short term course until everything is sorted out. Vo replied he understands that I had to do what I have to

He gave me the pamplet, I was afraid, it is 221g, but you know that rights pamplet and then said my visa approved

He gave me back my photo, because of stress I argued with him to take it. He said he doesnt need it. I insisted again, he replied he has done this thousand of times, we have everything we need. I said thank you and ran away :)

Reactions: kpadm3

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
Has anyone used dropbox at Vancouver recently?
I just submitted by profile and got the message that I am waiting in queue for up to 5 weeks :(

Is the wait time really that long? Can I use AVR in the meanwhile or not?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Has anyone used dropbox at Vancouver recently?
I just submitted by profile and got the message that I am waiting in queue for up to 5 weeks :(

Is the wait time really that long? Can I use AVR in the meanwhile or not?
It wont take that long. That message is default for everyone. Now people are getting instructions for dropbox less than 2 weeks.
Yes, you can still use AVR . no issues.

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
It wont take that long. That message is default for everyone. Now people are getting instructions for dropbox less than 2 weeks.
Yes, you can still use AVR . no issues.
Thank you, have you used AVR during the wait?I can no longer update DS-160 with new AVR travel will that be a problem in that case?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Thank you, have you used AVR during the wait?I can no longer update DS-160 with new AVR travel will that be a problem in that case?
I haven't used AVR during wait. Yes, still you are good. I have used AVR during 2021 where in i have submitted DS160 almost an year ago and no questions about that in the interview. Many people have done that here. so you should be good.

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
I haven't used AVR during wait. Yes, still you are good. I have used AVR during 2021 where in i have submitted DS160 almost an year ago and no questions about that in the interview. Many people have done that here. so you should be good.
Thanks so you didn't have to update ds160 to include avr travel and it was ok?
I submitted by ds160 if I travel using avr before submitting dropbox (waiting instructions) will I need new ds160?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Thanks so you didn't have to update ds160 to include avr travel and it was ok?
I submitted by ds160 if I travel using avr before submitting dropbox (waiting instructions) will I need new ds160?
Yes, it doesn't matter. even if you travel after submitting your ds160. If you are only worried about travel history, you are fine unless there are other employment changes.

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
Yes, it doesn't matter. even if you travel after submitting your ds160. If you are only worried about travel history, you are fine unless there are other employment changes.
I got the instructions to apply within a couple of days luckily sent in my application and it was received yesterday but my status still says "your search did not return any data" on the https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx site. Is that normal? The instructions say to expect "No Status" so confused :eek:

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
I got the instructions to apply within a couple of days luckily sent in my application and it was received yesterday but my status still says "your search did not return any data" on the https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx site. Is that normal? The instructions say to expect "No Status" so confused :eek:
Give it sometime. Probably 3 to 4 business days it gets updated if its Ottawa, If its Toronto probably a week/two(this is as per previous trends)

bhumitra

Feb 12, 2024
Interview Waiver for H1 and H4 renewal.
I applied for interview waiver yesterday, I got the email instructions to send the documents today, but it doesn't mention any date by when they should receive the docs. Is there a specific duration during which you should send the documents?

Feb 13, 2024
Interview Waiver for H1 and H4 renewal.
I applied for interview waiver yesterday, I got the email instructions to send the documents today, but it doesn't mention any date by when they should receive the docs. Is there a specific duration during which you should send the documents?
You have one year from the date your paid MRV fees to submit your documents.

Reactions: bhumitra

abdmuq11

Jul 27, 2023
So I am confused a bit with too man opinions in this forum. I have a few questions, hopefully someone can answr.

My H1B expires in September but I am visiting Canada (PR Holder) for work in June. Can I apply for Dropbox. h1 is already stamped in India.