H1B - Alberta PNP File Number / Certificate Timeline

aNewHope

Star Member
Feb 24, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mike:

Let's hope that whatever you sent will be sufficient to get you through the nomination stage. Keep your fingers crossed mate, you might just pull through!

Cheers,

Mike053 said:
Alright guys,

looks like my Albertan dream is over. As some experienced guys on this forum know that I am laid off from work. Today I got a call from AINP lady. She told me to send job responsibility letter since what I have sent already was not enough (I sent a general job description from HR website - I didn't want to tell my boss that i am applying for canadian immigration)

When i was laid off my boss gave me a letter on A4 paper with all his contact info and description of my job duties. Disadvantage of working for Fortune 50 companies - these son of bit*hes dont let you use letter heads. Letterheads are not even available around so that i could steal them and print something on them. Also, My H1B LC application donot have job description - unfortunate me.

Long story short, AINP lady asked for letterhead letter and I said it was company policy not to give one. The discussion was polite but she was seemingly p*ssed off. I emailed her whatever I had. God knows what happens next.

I hope I was working for a small company where all this crap was easy to handle. On top of that I am not even employed to again bug HR for any such letter.

Good luck to all you guys!! Hope sharing this bad experience help some of you guys in future.

McLuvin

Star Member
Mar 26, 2009
Mike053 said:
Alright guys,

looks like my Albertan dream is over. As some experienced guys on this forum know that I am laid off from work. Today I got a call from AINP lady. She told me to send job responsibility letter since what I have sent already was not enough (I sent a general job description from HR website - I didn't want to tell my boss that i am applying for canadian immigration)

When i was laid off my boss gave me a letter on A4 paper with all his contact info and description of my job duties. Disadvantage of working for Fortune 50 companies - these son of bit*hes dont let you use letter heads. Letterheads are not even available around so that i could steal them and print something on them. Also, My H1B LC application donot have job description - unfortunate me.

Long story short, AINP lady asked for letterhead letter and I said it was company policy not to give one. The discussion was polite but she was seemingly p*ssed off. I emailed her whatever I had. God knows what happens next.

I hope I was working for a small company where all this crap was easy to handle. On top of that I am not even employed to again bug HR for any such letter.

Good luck to all you guys!! Hope sharing this bad experience help some of you guys in future.
Dont worry dude, You never know... unexpected things happen when you think you are in the verge of extinction.... giving you a new lease of happiness...

BR,
McLuvin

AlbertaCitizen

Star Member
Apr 11, 2009
Mike053 said:
Alright guys,

Hey Mike053,

Don't let this chance go! I think Duties are not as important as company official letterhead because Logo is not on your letter. Have you ever sent an email from your official email to your gmail, yahoo id. If so, just forward the same set of email to PNP officer's email id. This is best proof to demonstrate that you were working for that company. let's say you were working for fannie mae so you can forward your most recent email which will show your employment as well and work as substitute of Pay stub. Like this:

Sender: xyz@fanniemae.com on June 5 2009 10:55 PM
reciever: xyz@gmail.com

They know that official email is great proof of current employment.

A lot of genuine companys don't offer paper based paystub. In todays, tech-savvy world, A lot of company send you just a email confirmation for a direct deposit not paper based stub. You guys need to explain the same to PNP officials. In worst case scenerio even if anybody doesn't have paystub but have a Direct deposit, Just get a Statement from your bank and send'em.

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
Mike053 said:
PreAssesment sent: mid december
Invitation letter received: Jan 5
Application sent: Jan 15
Mike,

I agree with AC/AG/AP, do not give up so easily.
You do not need to have a current H1 status since you have applied before that rule. All you need to demonstrate is that you were employed for more than 1 year. You must have the offer letter with the job duties. I have worked with Fotrune XXX companies, and every one gives a letter on a letterhead with job duties! That gives you your start date. Your pay stubs give you your end dates.

If this does not suffice or if you want to make a strong case follow Leon's advice and put the letter from your manager on a "letterhead".

Dude, give them something if they want more, do not just sit idle!

Albertadude

Star Member
Apr 6, 2009
Yeah Mike053, just hope for the best. I am pretty sure things will workout. Just out of curiosity coould pelase post your timeline

Mike053

Feb 9, 2009
Albertadude said:
Yeah Mike053, just hope for the best. I am pretty sure things will workout. Just out of curiosity coould pelase post your timeline

Alright guys , as suggested by you guys, let me do some homework.....i'll get back to u guys soon...

AlbertaCitizen

Star Member
Apr 11, 2009
Mike053 said:
Albertadude said:

Alright guys , as suggested by you guys, let me do some homework.....i'll get back to u guys soon...
Hey mike !

Not just your yahoo, gmail id even if you have send to your friends' email anytime in past just tell him to pull that email and forward to your existing gmail id. And then forward to whole converstaion to PNP office. First call the officer and get his email. let's say Natalia Peters was your officer then get his/her id:

let's says this is one: natalia.peters@gov.ab.ca

Then forward whole emails between your official email and personal email or friends' personal email to above email with file number in subject line and whole story in a letter form.

You have to convince them that you were working for that company. Or even if it doen't work out then spend 19-20 dollars and get a "Choice Point Inc" Background check report and send them which will also confirm that you were and are employed. Anybody who is having paystub issue can resolve problem in this way.

Albertadude

Star Member
Apr 6, 2009
Mike053 said:
Albertadude said:

Mike just one more question did u receive ur file number in feb or march. Just was curious if AINP have started processing march applicants

indium-sulfide-2

Star Member
Apr 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Mike,
very sad to hear that. However, I do not think the dust has already fallen down. Do not give up and hold on to the last with percerverience.

Has your spouse applied for AINP or US greencard?
look for an alternative. DO not bet all your eggs in one basket.

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Done:July 26 2010,Delivered:Aug 4 2010
Mike best of luck.I think u'll find something better if not this one.Try for the regular process through FSW.

Here is Mike,

He is 697 with application sent on jan 22 and received on 19 march.
That means 2 things : They are sorting by app received date or file number.
Mike053 Y 01/22/2009 3/19/2009 697

indium-sulfide-2 said:
Dear Mike,
very sad to hear that. However, I do not think the dust has already fallen down. Do not give up and hold on to the last with percerverience.

Mike053

Feb 9, 2009
engg said:
Mike best of luck.I think u'll find something better if not this one.Try for the regular process through FSW.

Here is Mike,

indium-sulfide-2 said:
Dear Mike,

nomad, engg, IS2, AC, AG1, AG2, AD, Leon, aNewhope...all........Thanks for your guidance.

I have updated AINP with job letter and whatever other things I have from my company, paystub, etc, etc. She told me that she will make decision ( i.e. not surely nomination) on my file today. I asked and she told me that all Jan applicants should get a decision letter in mail by July end...I didnt ask about March file number guys or old/new process guys. That would have been too much discussion for an already screwed up case.

Again, thanks all for guiding and good luck. I truly hope everybody gets nomination.

Let me wait what comes in the my mail next month!! I'll keep you updated...

Mlampk

Jun 6, 2009
Hi Mike,

You sent your application on Jan 15th....

Did you already get the file number..if so when?

Bcoz normally AINP officers are asking for a Job description letter on company letterhead with in a month of applied date....if they want

i mean before issuing the file number...or they asked you in the personnel assessment stage...

Bcoz your applied date is more than 4 months from now...thts y i am asking....

everybody hope you will get the positive decession don't worry man pray for god...

every thing will work out

Mike053

Feb 9, 2009
Mlampk:

She was going thru my file before making a decision today...I dont know why they didnt call me before but you can see my time line in above post.

albertaorbust

Feb 8, 2009
engg said:

Here is Mike,

engg,

697 is mike's file number? please clarify. i'm 698