Med's Done....
11-02-2010
Passport Req..
November 3rd
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2010
LANDED..........
Landed; Feb 06, 2011
Mike... I think, since you applied before the rule established to maitain H1b Status and you are married (as somebody mentioned about ur spouse), u should be good. If I were AINP i'd like to think people with families are more serious about the process and are determined to settle somewhere in Alberta... and thats why they are applying. I really hope they think like this too ... Also I would say instead of waiting for a whole month email them one more time to inquire about ur application... and it could be like ... "just verifying if provided documents were enough for decision making or AINP requires further assistance?" ... something like that... Good Luck

maruti81

Mar 13, 2009
sirsmak said:
Mike... I think, since you applied before the rule established to maitain H1b Status and you are married (as somebody mentioned about ur spouse), u should be good. If I were AINP i'd like to think people with families are more serious about the process and are determined to settle somewhere in Alberta... and thats why they are applying. I really hope they think like this too ... Also I would say instead of waiting for a whole month email them one more time to inquire about ur application... and it could be like ... "just verifying if provided documents were enough for decision making or AINP requires further assistance?" ... something like that... Good Luck
Hi Mike,
Sorry to hear your situation. Keep the hope and I agree with sirsmak about sending a follow-up letter like 'just verifying if provided documents were enough for decision making or AINP requires further assistance?"...

provide them as much as evidence as you can...

After all, I don't think it is that difficult to prove that you had been on H1b more than a year. May be, you can even try a letter from one of your clients or someone like that, to say something about your job duties.

Good luck.

rezendgi

Dec 5, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2008
Doc's Request.
24-11-2009
Nomination.....
09-12-2009
AOR Received.
06-07-2010
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
16-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2010
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Mike Brother,

Dont worry Dude, every thing will be fine ! I know lot many folks gave some great valuable inputs. You are your best decision maker, use your judgement and consider all the opinions given by members.

Wishing you the Best !

Mike053 said:
Alright guys,

looks like my Albertan dream is over. As some experienced guys on this forum know that I am laid off from work. Today I got a call from AINP lady. She told me to send job responsibility letter since what I have sent already was not enough (I sent a general job description from HR website - I didn't want to tell my boss that i am applying for canadian immigration)

When i was laid off my boss gave me a letter on A4 paper with all his contact info and description of my job duties. Disadvantage of working for Fortune 50 companies - these son of bit*hes dont let you use letter heads. Letterheads are not even available around so that i could steal them and print something on them. Also, My H1B LC application donot have job description - unfortunate me.

Long story short, AINP lady asked for letterhead letter and I said it was company policy not to give one. The discussion was polite but she was seemingly p*ssed off. I emailed her whatever I had. God knows what happens next.

I hope I was working for a small company where all this crap was easy to handle. On top of that I am not even employed to again bug HR for any such letter.

Good luck to all you guys!! Hope sharing this bad experience help some of you guys in future.

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Done:July 26 2010,Delivered:Aug 4 2010
for some reason I feel they may grant you nomination.

Mike053 said:
albertaorbust:

yes buddy..thats it...

yofeihong

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
Hi Mike,

We will prevail the nomination. Don't worry....
I believe you will be able to provide docs that they need.
Did you send your H1 petition file before?
We hope we would get nomination in the end of July.
Good Luck
GOd Bless US
Yo

email2kale

Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Feb-2009
Nomination.....
03-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
14-Jun-2010
Med's Request
14-Jun-2010
Med's Done....
17-Jun-2010
Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
Mike053 said:
engg said:
Mike best of luck.I think u'll find something better if not this one.Try for the regular process through FSW.

Here is Mike,

He is 697 with application sent on jan 22 and received on 19 march.
That means 2 things : They are sorting by app received date or file number.
Mike053 Y 01/22/2009 3/19/2009 697

indium-sulfide-2 said:
Dear Mike,
very sad to hear that. However, I do not think the dust has already fallen down. Do not give up and hold on to the last with percerverience.

Has your spouse applied for AINP or US greencard?
look for an alternative. DO not bet all your eggs in one basket.
nomad, engg, IS2, AC, AG1, AG2, AD, Leon, aNewhope...all........Thanks for your guidance.

I have updated AINP with job letter and whatever other things I have from my company, paystub, etc, etc. She told me that she will make decision ( i.e. not surely nomination) on my file today. I asked and she told me that all Jan applicants should get a decision letter in mail by July end...I didnt ask about March file number guys or old/new process guys. That would have been too much discussion for an already screwed up case.

Again, thanks all for guiding and good luck. I truly hope everybody gets nomination.

Let me wait what comes in the my mail next month!! I'll keep you updated...
Hi Mike

Sorry to hear about your case... Hope everything will workout in favour of you.

Good Luck!

notdet

Star Member
May 11, 2009
Mike053 said:
Alright guys,

looks like my Albertan dream is over. As some experienced guys on this forum know that I am laid off from work. Today I got a call from AINP lady. She told me to send job responsibility letter since what I have sent already was not enough (I sent a general job description from HR website - I didn't want to tell my boss that i am applying for canadian immigration)
Good luck to all you guys!! Hope sharing this bad experience help some of you guys in future.
Something better then this should be in store for you pal. Try and try and keep on trying ...

divagirl

Jan 8, 2009
Mike,

As you had filed before Feb 19th, I dont think it is necessary to maintain your H1 status. Also, please dont try to create a letterhead as some have suggested. They can clearly makeout the difference. I once went for H1 stamping and was asked for a letter with details of proj. But my desi body shopper did something like this and sent to me. When I showed the US consulate that letter, he just laughed at my face!!! There are some stds for a letterhead. Even my company is a fourtune 50 and does not have a letterhead anywhere around. My appointment letter was also not on a letterhead. You can explain this to them. Try to explain as much as possible. I'm sure you will not have a problem. All the best.

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
Dec - 2009 CIC App. Filed..: May 2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
Mike,

I too concur with divagirl, if you have applied before 19th Feb, you dont have to maintain H1 status.
Also I agree, do not try to forge any documents as that poses bigger risk if they are to verify with the employer.
It can be very straight forward if you go the right way. IMO, I dont see anything why you should not get your nomination, as the rule for maitaining status only applies to the applications received after 19th Feb.

Lets hope for the best dude !

-Good Luck
LB.

divagirl said:
Mike,

As you had filed before Feb 19th, I dont think it is necessary to maintain your H1 status. Also, please dont try to create a letterhead as some have suggested. They can clearly makeout the difference. I once went for H1 stamping and was asked for a letter with details of proj. But my desi body shopper did something like this and sent to me. When I showed the US consulate that letter, he just laughed at my face!!! There are some stds for a letterhead. Even my company is a fourtune 50 and does not have a letterhead anywhere around. My appointment letter was also not on a letterhead. You can explain this to them. Try to explain as much as possible. I'm sure you will not have a problem. All the best.

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
Dec - 2009 CIC App. Filed..: May 2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
Mike, what rezendgi said is also true. Follow your own instincts.

rezendgi said:
Mike Brother,

Dont worry Dude, every thing will be fine ! I know lot many folks gave some great valuable inputs. You are your best decision maker, use your judgement and consider all the opinions given by members.

Wishing you the Best !

bibo

Jan 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
Doc's Request.
25-11-2009
Nomination.....
30-11-2009
AOR Received.
17-07-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
Here is my case going back and forth with AINP:
My Email:
I have Received my Employee File Number: xxxx-xx-x729 on March 19 2009, and i was advised that i should receive any decision within 40-60 days.
More days had passed since March19 and I haven't heard anything from you yet.
can you advise me on what i should do?

Their Reply:
Hello
Our processing times have increased. Please check our website at www.albertacanada.com/h1b.
Thanks

I guess i have to wait until next month based on the 4 months thing....