+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B - Alberta PNP File Number / Certificate Timeline

kaynyk

Jan 8, 2009
Folks read an article about Canada immigration...I hope provincial nominee program does not get affected.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/Financial_crisis_Canada_may_reduce_immigration/articleshow/4120328.cms

monteiromarcosb

Star Member
Feb 12, 2009
Albertagoverner and other members who can help me answer this question...

I have a question about this process. I've just applied to the Alberta PNP program. I hold a H1B status. I've got my status by moving from F1 (OPT) to H1B - My employer sponsored me. But I never left the country since then and I never got a H1B stamped on my Passport. I only have the I-797 Notice of action. Does anybody think this is going to be a show stopper for me? What can I do to fix this problem, if in fact this is a problem?

I appreciate any reply.

thanks!

A

Albertagoverner

monteiromarcosb said:

I have a question about this process. I've just applied to the Alberta PNP program. I hold a H1B status. I've got my status by moving from F1 (OPT) to H1B - My employer sponsored me. But I never left the country since then and I never got a H1B stamped on my Passport. I only have the I-797 Notice of action. Does anybody think this is going to be a show stopper for me? What can I do to fix this problem, if in fact this is a problem?

I appreciate any reply.

thanks!
This is a good question and send a email to Alberta PNP and they will reply it well. I believe that this should not be a problem.

C

cchabert

monteiromarcosb said:

I appreciate any reply.

thanks!
I never got my H1B stamp on my passport either and I got my nomination.

monteiromarcosb

Star Member
Feb 12, 2009
cchabert said:
monteiromarcosb said:

I appreciate any reply.

thanks!
cchabert,

That's good news!
what's yout timeline? When did you apply?

Thanks

redstar

Star Member
Jan 28, 2009
Hi
Thanks for nomad_ musafir and Alebertagoveror for your quick replies,but albertagovernor in your mail you given this statement You also need a permission letter from AINP office to apply for work permit.

1) my question is will they provide that letter if I have no employment offer from any Alberta companies.

2) Sorry for repeating my old question,My question is after Nominated for Alberta provisional program do i need to apply for federal program or can I come to Alberta directly and can i continue processing my PR from Canada.If it possible how long it will take from Canada for processing, because my lawyer said for federal it will take nearly 6-9 months after i get nominated .looking forward for help.

Looking forward for your help.

Thanks & Regards

C

cchabert

monteiromarcosb said:
cchabert said:
monteiromarcosb said:

I appreciate any reply.

thanks!
cchabert,

That's good news!
what's yout timeline? When did you apply?

Thanks
My file number is 37x and my NOC is 1111

Here is my timeline :

Pre-Assessment Application Sent - Oct 2, 2008
Email Confirmation Received - Oct 6, 2008
APINP Invitation Pkg Received - Nov 7, 2008
Sent APINP Application - Nov 17, 2008
Tracked thr FedEx online (Delivered) - Nov 18, 2008
Received File Number - Nov 25, 2008
They ask for support document - Jan 8 2009
Date of the nomination letter - Jan 12 2009
Date of the postage - Jan 19 2009
Arrive at home - Jan 24 2009

They never call my employer.

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I never got H1B stamp/visa in my passport and I got my nomination 2 days ago. Only thing I sent was H1B approval notice. I did not even send my expire student visa page. You will be fine.

monteiromarcosb said:

I appreciate any reply.

thanks!

monteiromarcosb

Star Member
Feb 12, 2009
This is all good guys. Sometimes, I forget we're dealing with Canada and not with the USA. The bureaucracy here in the US is such a big deal that it hunts me even today...

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
Received my nomination in snail mail today :)

Preassessment sent 11/03/2008
Preassessment Received 11/19/2008
AINP application sent 12/04/2008
AINP received 12/15/2008
AINP application no mailed 01/09/2009
Nomination received 02/12/2009 dated 01/21/2009

Application number xxxx-0516

Thank you all. Good luck to everybody.

albertaorbust

Feb 8, 2009
sirsmak said:
As I have mentioned several times before that AINP recieved my packet on Dec 31st 2008 .... Its Feb 09, still haven't got my file #. Just wanted to confirm if anyone who sent their docs after me and have recieved their file number already??
Don't worry, somebody also sent his packet in December & received his certificate on 02/09/09 without receiving the file#

Mike053

Feb 9, 2009
Albertaorbust: you got a nice name. it is also applicable to my situation 'Alberta' or 'I am bust' :)

To Sirmak: answer to your question - I sent my docs after you on 1/15 and haven't got file#. So, chill for the time being.

albertaorbust said:
sirsmak said:
As I have mentioned several times before that AINP recieved my packet on Dec 31st 2008 .... Its Feb 09, still haven't got my file #. Just wanted to confirm if anyone who sent their docs after me and have recieved their file number already??
Don't worry, somebody also sent his packet in December & received his certificate on 02/09/09 without receiving the file#

C

cchabert

nomad_musafir said:

AINP received 12/15/2008

nomad_musafir said:

AINP received 12/15/2008

Wich NOC are you ? another 2171?

koolkarmaguy

Star Member
Jan 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/08/2010
Nomination.....
12/29/2011
AOR Received.
June 27 2012
Med's Request
June 4 2012
Med's Done....
June 29 2012
Interview........
none. In-process on May 23, 2013.
Passport Req..
September 17 2013
Congratulation! Great News! I thought i was the only 2141(Manufacturing Engineer).. good to know you. I sent in my application on jan 27 th, I think..i should wait atleast 2 months...Before it goes any forward.