+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B - Alberta PNP File Number / Certificate Timeline

Mike053

Feb 9, 2009
Guys, where do in the AINP H1B application they ask of NOC code? I coudnt see any column.

Do they determine it themselves?

A

Albertagoverner

nomad_musafir said:
Latest file number to get nomination is 517

poppyjml said:
I just got my nomination today =). I'm in NOC 2171

my file no is 0517

My timeline is:
Sent pre-assessment - Nov. 2
Preassessment approval received - Dec 5 (dated Nov. 19)
Alberta received application - Dec. 15
File Number emailed - Jan. 9
AINP approval received - Feb 9 (dated Jan 21)

Good Luck to us all!
I have one request to all of guys who have recievd their file numbers that please share it so we can know How they are processing.

KrisR

Star Member
Dec 10, 2008
Hi Folks ,

I got the nomination in post today .
My timelines are :-

Applied for assesment Oct 26
Got packet Nov 26
Sent packet Dec 1
Reached Alberta Dec 3
Recived file nbr Jan 11,2009
Nomination date Jan 26,2009
Recieved post Feb 10,2009

My file nbr is XXX-XX-459
My NOC is 2171 .Designation is Associate Consultant.Good luck to all of us. God Bless.

Regards,
Kris

Mike053

Feb 9, 2009
nomad_musafir said:
Section C. Occupation and Education of AINP 009 form (page 6/10).

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/media/h1b_AINP009.pdf

Thanks Musafir!! But when I got invitation letter, it was never mentioned in the invitation letter to fill AINP 009. neither was AINP 009 included in packet. Packet just told me to fill AINP 003 and AINP 003 was included in the packet. There was a orange colored sticker in the packet ' AINP H1B' which they told me to place on outside of the mail package.

Please guide what I can do. I am really confused. On top of that I have got laid off. My company told me they will revoke my H1B in March end. I thought I will get nomination before that because I applied in January. But now i am knowing that they told me to fill wrong application forms. Please guide what action I can take..... this has become an urgent issue for me now, please help Musafir, AlbertaGovernor,.....all

felix31

Star Member
Dec 1, 2008
Mike053 said:
nomad_musafir said:

Thanks Musafir!! But when I got invitation letter, it was never mentioned in the invitation letter to fill AINP 009. neither was AINP 009 included in packet. Packet just told me to fill AINP 003 and AINP 003 was included in the packet. There was a orange colored sticker in the packet ' AINP H1B' which they told me to place on outside of the mail package.

Please guide what I can do. I am really confused. On top of that I have got laid off. My company told me they will revoke my H1B in March end. I thought I will get nomination before that because I applied in January. But now i am knowing that they told me to fill wrong application forms. Please guide what action I can take..... this has become an urgent issue for me now, please help Musafir, AlbertaGovernor,.....all

Sorry to hear that Mike,

All I can say is that I too got invitation letter in January with AINP 003 forms and the cheklist with which CIC forms I need to fill out, accompanied with a green sticker, so I filled that in and sent back. You should not worry, since I think they are sending old forms to people who went through the pre-assessment process and people who are just getting in are filling out AINP 009 forms. I may be wrong, but perhaps someone on the forum has different idea.

A

Albertagoverner

Mike053 said:
nomad_musafir said:

Guys, I will tell you why these things are happening:

Remember: There are two classification of Application packet lots. Applications after january 1, 2009 and before January 1 2009. Always fill the form which is enclosed with the invitation letter. There also might be a clerical mistake that enclosed is AINP003 and in invitation letter they are asking to fill AINP009. Just fill what they have send in packet, fill the forms send by AINP, keep on set of photocopies of filled form with you so you know that what you sent. And if they will have any concern, they will contact you and listen you.

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
Mike,

I am sorry I assumed you are filing forms under the new process. Under the old process with pre-assessment, you would have sent them information related to the NOC code and your job description very early in the process.

A. The very first 1 page "US Visa Category Information Form":
questions 15, 16, 17 & 18.

B. Their response to the above form in an e-mail asking you to send them 6 items for pre-assessment:
6.Job description (job duties) and how it applies to the Regional Occupations Under Pressure List in Alberta (please consult the list for occupations and National Occupation Classification (NOC) number http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/oup/abouplist.shtml)

Old Form (ABPNP 003) did NOT have any questions for NOC or job description since you have already provided those details. However, the checklist in the very first page had 3 boxes you had to check to this effect.

I hope I answered your questions. I am sorry for your lay-off. Since you were on H1-B at the time you applied for AINP, you are OK. Be happy that you have this exit strategy :)

Everything will be fine!

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
Albertagoverner said:
There also might be a clerical mistake that enclosed is AINP003 and in invitation letter they are asking to fill AINP009. Just fill what they have send in packet, fill the forms send by AINP, keep on set of photocopies of filled form with you so you know that what you sent.
I don't think they send any new "invitation letters" any more except for those who started the process in Dec.

All the forms are available on their website now.

Mike053

Feb 9, 2009
Thanks Musafir, AlbertaGovernor and Felix for all your replies. I hope they will consider my case and send me some sort of notice before rejecting or doing anything worse. I shall keep you guys posted.

Also, Felix I think you are in same boat as me so please keep in touch.

Thanks to all again!!

redstar

Star Member
Jan 28, 2009
Hi Friends

I applied on DEC 19th for Pre-assessment.Till now i haven't received anything from Alberta.I am using lawyer for this process.I am on H1 B and my NOC number is 2171.So any one could suggest weather i can speak directly with Alberta people as my lawyer is not providing any information about the situation of my application.I thank you if some one provide suggestion for my case.

Thanks & Regards

mitzi

Oct 7, 2008
Hello Redstar, i strongly suggest that you exert all your efforts to get a hold of your lawyer before contacting Alberta office. Reasons for this is that 1st, you are already being represented (paid $$) by your lawyer and 2nd we don't want Alberta office to get busy answering our personal quieries. I too is at the edge of contacting them, but I try to hold my horses until maybe I get total-super-mega desperate. Patience is a virtue..didn't we earn that virtue being H1 in the US of A? :)

Mike053

Feb 9, 2009
I tried to contact them last month. they are no longer replying. They were so overwhelmed with emails that I think they no longer care...

ss123

Star Member
Dec 14, 2008
if you applied around Dec 19 and have not heard, you should first check with your lawyer and see if they goofed up.
I had applied around same timeline ( without lawyer, diff. noc) , received invitation to send entire application packet in end Jan.
I would doubt thar alberta people will reply anything other than "we are still working on your case" if you contact them.

use the time to collect all documents for next stage and make the lawyer earn their money.

redstar said:
Hi Friends

I applied on DEC 19th for Pre-assessment.Till now i haven't received anything from Alberta.I am using lawyer for this process.I am on H1 B and my NOC number is 2171.So any one could suggest weather i can speak directly with Alberta people as my lawyer is not providing any information about the situation of my application.I thank you if some one provide suggestion for my case.

Thanks & Regards