+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B - Alberta PNP File Number / Certificate Timeline

divagirl

Jan 8, 2009
Manny,

Mail was sent to me by Patricia.Flemming@gov.ab.ca. I guess individual case officers are sending the mail. Probably you can just add that any mail coming from gov.ab.ca should be delivered to your inbox.

Manny said:
Yaay! Congrats! Good to see 2171 also being processed. Can you please let us know what the from address for that email was? I want to ensure I add that to my email contact so that it doesn't go unnoticed into Spam folder! Thanks...

I wonder when my email or nom will arrive! Even tho' I sent my orig forms in Dec 08 I had to follow up with copy of new 797 and this was in late Feb, so it is possible that my "application date" could be Feb 2009. Fingers crossed.....

divagirl said:
Hi All,

Just received a mail from AB requesting H1 details etc. Need to submit them by email or fax by tomorrow eveing it says. BTW, I applied on Jan 16th, New process (no pre-assesment), Noc 2171. However my file number was 1010, now in the email it states as 1018! What should I do, is this mail for me or someone else?

grewals

Nov 24, 2009
Chinga_Canada said:
grewals said:
I got an eimail from AINP requesting my paystub and H1 docs. I was transferred to India in Feb 2009 end by same emplyer and my application was received by SRS AINP office on 9th Feb 2009. My understanding was that I would need to maintain H1b status at the time of application only. But, when I sent across the details, I got a reply from AINP:
"Are you planning to return to the US office in the near future? One of our program requirements is that you need to be employed in the US under a valid H-1B visa."

I replied to AINP that I should be considered undeer old rule since my application was accepted in AINP bfore 19th Feb 2009. I didn't get any reply.

If anyone else got the same response? please post the answers.

thnx

Hi Grewals

Are you old process or new process applicant. I am from old process and when I asked them about the criteria they said that I had to be in H1B status only at the time of my application

Hi Chinga,

I am in old process as I also had confirmed in March 2009 and AINP confirmed that my Application would be processed under old rule and I would need to maintain my H1b status at the time of application only, Now they are asking me to have a valid h1 status also. Looks like AINP is not honouring their earlier promise.

If some checked just few days ago, AINP reply may help in udersatnding the exact scenario for old process applicants who could not maintain H1 status after AINP application.

Chinga_Canada

Star Member
Nov 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
grewals said:
Chinga_Canada said:
grewals said:
I got an eimail from AINP requesting my paystub and H1 docs. I was transferred to India in Feb 2009 end by same emplyer and my application was received by SRS AINP office on 9th Feb 2009. My understanding was that I would need to maintain H1b status at the time of application only. But, when I sent across the details, I got a reply from AINP:
"Are you planning to return to the US office in the near future? One of our program requirements is that you need to be employed in the US under a valid H-1B visa."

I replied to AINP that I should be considered undeer old rule since my application was accepted in AINP bfore 19th Feb 2009. I didn't get any reply.

If anyone else got the same response? please post the answers.

thnx

Hi Grewals

Are you old process or new process applicant. I am from old process and when I asked them about the criteria they said that I had to be in H1B status only at the time of my application

Hi Chinga,

I am in old process as I also had confirmed in March 2009 and AINP confirmed that my Application would be processed under old rule and I would need to maintain my H1b status at the time of application only, Now they are asking me to have a valid h1 status also. Looks like AINP is not honouring their earlier promise.

If some checked just few days ago, AINP reply may help in udersatnding the exact scenario for old process applicants who could not maintain H1 status after AINP application.
Hi Garewals

Did AINP send you the rejection letter????

Chinga Cowa Banga

Singam

Oct 6, 2008
I've also gotten a letter, application received during February. Now I've been notified that the application is complete. Anybody have an idea how long after this they usually make a decision?

I'm a 2171 applicant by the way.

Qureshi

Star Member
Nov 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2009
Doc's Request.
16-05-2010
Nomination.....
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
Feb 02, 2011
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Done....
Feb 15, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 4th , 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 10th, 2011
LANDED..........
Sep 20th 2011
HI to all,

I am new just registered to this forum and would like to share my experience and wellcome everyone's advice.

Application Date: 24th March 09
File Number received; 7th August
NOC # 2131
RFI From AINP: 10 October
Received Letter: Decline Letter on 17 October.

Received 2nd email explaning the reason as "You have not completed 1 year on H1B as your H1B starts by October 2008, and by now you have completed 1 year and as of now eligible to re apply.

So applied once again on 24th October.

Chinga_Canada

Star Member
Nov 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Singam said:
I've also gotten a letter, application received during February. Now I've been notified that the application is complete. Anybody have an idea how long after this they usually make a decision?

I'm a 2171 applicant by the way.
Singam,

Could you please post your timeline

Chinga Cowa Banga

yofeihong

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
Hi ,
Yes,I did
I have submitted all docs..just waiting for the decision...
any of you have got a decision ?
yo

albertaorbust said:
yofeihong said:
Guys...
They are processing for March applicantions.
I think they should have made a decision for the previous applicants prior to march.
Any news? any input ?
I am a january applicant.

yo

Yo,

Did u get the email request for current documents?

redstar

Star Member
Jan 28, 2009
Hi Friends
sorry for repeating this question again as i haven't received any answer,

Please help out from this situation, I got a mail from alberta office today for my recent paystub or 797.But the problem is i moved from h1 status to f1,iam only having my September month paystub is it ok if i submit that one so folks more over i got invitation on feb 9th but 2nd set documents send after 19th of Feb.will it effect my processing and more over will they reject my application has there are n number of applications and my NOC 2171 iam in old process, please valuable information and correct so i need not to get tensioned this is like all of you waiting almost 6 months some sort of news. I appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks & regards
RedStar

venky321

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
26-05-2016
Tell AINP the truth, and say you cant provide a paystub. I think you should be okay since you are in the old process.

Singam

Oct 6, 2008
My timeline is:

Sent application in February 25th
Received file number April 16th
Received request for updated documents November 25th

Manny

Dec 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 30, 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2009 CIC App. Filed.: Mar 15, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Request
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 15, 2010 File transferred: Nov 10, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011
Sending Sep paystub will not meet their reqt of latest pay stub and you're setting yourself up for more questions. I suggest you mention that you applied under the old process and have moved to F1 visa. I don't think you'd have an issue with not being on H1B at this time as you were under the earlier process.
All the very best...

redstar said:
Hi Friends
sorry for repeating this question again as i haven't received any answer,

Please help out from this situation, I got a mail from alberta office today for my recent paystub or 797.But the problem is i moved from h1 status to f1,iam only having my September month paystub is it ok if i submit that one so folks more over i got invitation on feb 9th but 2nd set documents send after 19th of Feb.will it effect my processing and more over will they reject my application has there are n number of applications and my NOC 2171 iam in old process, please valuable information and correct so i need not to get tensioned this is like all of you waiting almost 6 months some sort of news. I appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks & regards
RedStar

AlbertaAINP

Star Member
Feb 25, 2009
I also got an email today from AINP. Below is the content:

We are currently processing your application. We require the following updated information/documents:

· A copy of your most recent pay stub

· A copy of your current and valid H1B Visa or I-797 Notice of Approval

· Details regarding any changes to your employment situation (i.e. new job description)

· Address update, if there have been any changes

· Details regarding any changes to your family composition

Please send both documents by business close November 27th, 2009 via email or fax to my attention, quoting your file number (see subject line).

Now the problem is, I am not on H1B anymore but working for the same employer on EAD. My appln was received on Jan 28, 2009. Does anyone have the old eligibility criteria saved ? (where it says we have to be on h1b at the time of applying as opposed to the current one which says maintain h1b till final decision).

Thanks

venky321

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
26-05-2016
This is a tricky one; I doubt AINP officers would understand the difference between H1B and EAD. Perhaps you could consider going through a lawyer, if you run into any issues.