+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B - Alberta PNP File Number / Certificate Timeline

grewals

Nov 24, 2009
I got an eimail from AINP requesting my paystub and H1 docs. I was transferred to India in Feb 2009 end by same emplyer and my application was received by SRS AINP office on 9th Feb 2009. My understanding was that I would need to maintain H1b status at the time of application only. But, when I sent across the details, I got a reply from AINP:
"Are you planning to return to the US office in the near future? One of our program requirements is that you need to be employed in the US under a valid H-1B visa."

I replied to AINP that I should be considered undeer old rule since my application was accepted in AINP bfore 19th Feb 2009. I didn't get any reply.

If anyone else got the same response? please post the answers.

thnx

gautamkate

Nov 23, 2009
Jasper said:
gautamkate said:
Hello Everyone,

I was trying to enter the timeline regarding my case in the website http://docs.google.com/View?id=df3fvt86_5hm7htfgb but it keeps directing me to this site. Anyway below are my timelines

Application recvd by AINP: March 24th, 2009
File Number Recvd: June 25th, 2009
File number: 7XXX-XX-1494
NOC: 2174

Hope this helps

Best Wishes
Gautam
Thank you for sharing your timeline, Gautam.

Sadly there were users who enjoyed entering false info into the spreadsheet (Someone actually once entered false timeline using my user ID), so now only certain members (Ell.bee, Manny, and me as well as vsrao and DJ) have access to the spreadsheet and I am helping in entering timelines into AINP tracking system. Once I enter the timelines into the spreadsheet, vsrao finalizes the update so that everyone can see them online.

I have already entered your timeline into the system, so the spreadsheet will be updated by vsrao soon and you will be able to see it. (but vsrao has been busy recently, so it may take a little time.)

And I have a question: Did you apply under old process (with pre-assessment and invitation)? Your file number seems small compared to others with similar application receipt dates, so I thought your initial application reached AINP last year.
Hi Jasper,

Thanks for explaining the reason why I keep getting directed here when I try to enter my timelines. Well in my case, I applied thru Mr. Cohen's law office and I remember completing all the related documents and sending it to them. I did not really go through the pre-assessment or invitation phase but I do remember that sometime in January I got a mail from the law office stating that the process has changed as a result of which I need to restart the whole thing again. That was kind of depressing but then sometime in the last week of January I got a mail stating that the previous mail was sent in error and AINP has accepted my request. After that my application was sent and the timelines are in my first post.

Best Wishes
Gautam

bats45

Apr 12, 2009
Lets put it this way, I really have a family of five as a father I will do everything I can in legal ways to land a job because somebody is waiting at home for me with a hungry mouth. Any job either related to my experience or not it doesn't matter to me, I will eat my pride. Sooner I can find a job a decent one I know for sure. Going back is a coward option you have already a green card so you have no problem applying any job you want. Waiter, construction worker, hotel attendant etc for the mean time while waiting for a decent one. Family keeps me going, give me more strength to move on. Just my two cents.

Bat's 45

CometoAlberta said:
but if you have a baby or have no jobs, will you just go back your home country to take the benefit? I just want to say, 20k/person is nothing to a country.

bats45 said:
I think are you only thinking about an individual having a 20K but try to multiply 20K x 265,000 if you are not using a scientific cal it will give you an error, It will total to 5.3 billion canadian dollars and that's a big money dude and it's a sure money.

bat's 45

bats45

Apr 12, 2009
Everytime I have changes in my file like passport, I797 notice of approval (extension) I always email the changes and they promptly response.FYI.

bats45

PaToAb said:
Hello Everyone,

I usually do not post much in forum, I read it regularly though.

I want to ask you guys if I should call AINP for the matter I have. I have applied in Jan. Recently, Our company name has changed and we moved to a new location also. So, our phone numbers changed as well. I do not remember that we put company phone number in our application form anywhere.

Should I call them and let them know or may be I should not do anything to keep confusion away.

Thanks in advance,

bats45

Apr 12, 2009
My file was received March 20, 2009 and I received my file number first week of July. Last communication from them was last week 11/19/2009 they ask about my recent paystub and I797 notice of approval (extension) because they already start processing my file.FYI.

bat's 45

boomjosh2007 said:
Hi Folks,

I have applied to AINP in new process under 2172 and my application reached AINP on May 12th 2009. I have still not got a file number. Did any of you who applied around the same time got a file number yet...?? Please let me know.

Regards
BoomJosh

Jasper

May 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2009 (AINP), 25-03-2010 (CIC)
Doc's Request.
19-11-2009
Nomination.....
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
15-07-2010
Med's Request
15-07-2010
Med's Done....
22-07-2010
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2011
LANDED..........
14-06-2011
cooldude_pracash said:
Hi Jasper,
If we have offer letter , how long it will take to get AINP after submitting the offer letter ..
I remember one of the forum members got a job offer (actually he was transferred to his company's Alberta office after submitting his AINP application) and he received nomination within a month or so after providing the offer letter to AINP. (I don't remember his name or application date, but I remember the process was fast.)

But I haven't seen a case in which someone submitted AINP application along with job offer.

Jasper

May 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
19-11-2009
Nomination.....
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
15-07-2010
Med's Request
15-07-2010
Med's Done....
22-07-2010
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2011
LANDED..........
14-06-2011
gautamkate said:
Hi Jasper,

Thanks for explaining the reason why I keep getting directed here when I try to enter my timelines. Well in my case, I applied thru Mr. Cohen's law office and I remember completing all the related documents and sending it to them. I did not really go through the pre-assessment or invitation phase but I do remember that sometime in January I got a mail from the law office stating that the process has changed as a result of which I need to restart the whole thing again. That was kind of depressing but then sometime in the last week of January I got a mail stating that the previous mail was sent in error and AINP has accepted my request. After that my application was sent and the timelines are in my first post.

Best Wishes
Gautam
I believe your law firm took care of your pre-assessment application in Dec or Jan. Coincidently, my application reached AINP on the same day as your application (March 24, actually through the same law firm, probably even in the same fedex package), but I received my file number in August and its last 4 digits were 2517. This is why I thought you had pre-assessment stage and asked you the question. Anyway, your process started in Jan, so I put "Y" in the Pre-Assessment box in the timeline spreadsheet. If you have any question or problem, please let me know so that I change it on the spreadsheet.

Good Luck!

george4canada

Jul 4, 2009
Hello guys,
whats the email id where you send the updates to AINP

I tried replying to the email where i got the file number.However it bounced back

Please advice

winter876

Feb 25, 2009
Hello all,

I applied for AINP in March, and got a job offer recently from Calgary, they asked me to start in Feb 2010, and my H1-b here in US will expire in 6/2011.
Now I'm a little struggling to take this offer or not, the bottom line is say bye to US and start a new life in Canada, or try to stay in US trying any possible chance. I heard some negative things in Canada, and not sure if I would regret or not in the future.
Hope you understand, and any advice will be appreciate.

earth

Nov 20, 2009
winter876 said:
Hello all,

I applied for AINP in March, and got a job offer recently from Calgary, they asked me to start in Feb 2010, and my H1-b here in US will expire in 6/2011.
Now I'm a little struggling to take this offer or not, the bottom line is say bye to US and start a new life in Canada, or try to stay in US trying any possible chance. I heard some negative things in Canada, and not sure if I would regret or not in the future.
Hope you understand, and any advice will be appreciate.
winter, the decision that is confusing you now should have been made before sending application to AINP.... i guess most of the members in this forum have already made their decision before applying & waiting eagerly for nomination. All i can suggest is - all places have their negative & positive side - u need to see what will matter to you more - their negative side or positive side. I doubt the members in forum will be able to help you on this because we do not know much about you - this is an important decision & family/friends are the best people to talk to about this. Also see what you really want in life/career and then make decision- do not force any decision on yourself.... i wish you never regret the decision you make...all the best!!

Chinga_Canada

Star Member
Nov 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
grewals said:
I got an eimail from AINP requesting my paystub and H1 docs. I was transferred to India in Feb 2009 end by same emplyer and my application was received by SRS AINP office on 9th Feb 2009. My understanding was that I would need to maintain H1b status at the time of application only. But, when I sent across the details, I got a reply from AINP:
"Are you planning to return to the US office in the near future? One of our program requirements is that you need to be employed in the US under a valid H-1B visa."

I replied to AINP that I should be considered undeer old rule since my application was accepted in AINP bfore 19th Feb 2009. I didn't get any reply.

thnx

Hi Grewals

Are you old process or new process applicant. I am from old process and when I asked them about the criteria they said that I had to be in H1B status only at the time of my application

Chinga Cowa Banga

bats45

Apr 12, 2009
try this Immigration.Info@gov.ab.ca and dont forget to put your reference number. FYI.

Bats45
george4canada said:
Hello guys,
whats the email id where you send the updates to AINP

I tried replying to the email where i got the file number.However it bounced back

Please advice

S

Sain

Chinga_Canada said:
grewals said:

thnx

Hi Grewals

Are you old process or new process applicant. I am from old process and when I asked them about the criteria they said that I had to be in H1B status only at the time of my application

Chinga Cowa Banga

Hello Banga,

Your case is with pre-assessment (before 31st Dec 2008) or without pre-assessment (After 1st Jan 2009). I lost H1B in June 2009 and applied on 19th Jan 2009 without pre-assessment. Your answer will help. Thanks.

Sain

ChaloCanada

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2009
Doc's Request.
19-11-2009
Nomination.....
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
File Transfer...
19-OCT-2010 (to NY)
Med's Request
22-06-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010; reached 23-07-2010
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
30-12-2010, dated-15-12-2010
I have been approved

NOMINATION

Jasper

May 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
19-11-2009
Nomination.....
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
15-07-2010
Med's Request
15-07-2010
Med's Done....
22-07-2010
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2011
LANDED..........
14-06-2011
ChaloCanada said:
I have been approved

NOMINATION
Congratulations, Chalo!!!

How did AINP notify you? by email? Can you share the datails with us?