here are my timelines

Sent first application : Oct 20
Recieved application kit : nov 10
Alberta received application on : Nov 18
Recieved Employee File no : Nov 25

Employee File number : XXXXX378

Hello Guys:

I have a question:
While you recieved the AINP Invitation packet so you all have the same number on that green adhesive label in packet like AINP SRS H1XXX ? was that number same in all brown packets?

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
If I were you I would fax it just to avoid delays later in your process.... since the one you provided is almost expired they might ask you for the new one later in the process...
If you got your case number send it along...

I hope this helps...

Manny said:
When I sent my application (new process) my I797 was expiring in Feb 09. Now I have new I797s. Should I send the new I797s?

ingegarcia said:
I did face the same problem so I sent the H1 letters and the letter sent by my employer to process the Labor Certificate.
Additionally to show that I was still working for the same company I sent my paystubs...
BTW I got my nomination back in November with those documents...
I hope this helps

alberta1978

Star Member
Jan 21, 2009
durka said:
once your application is delivered to their office you will be provided with a file number within a month. be patient.
sirsmak said:
Hmm... this sounds a little assuring... as no-body got confirmation in this time frame. I think they dedicate like a certain week or a few days and in that time they will check out all the apps. Now, if you send ur application near that time u may get a quick response and if u sent ur right after that time frame, u might have to wait until they decide to check their mail again.... I don't know... I'm just saying... to comfort myself I guess...
Good Luck to u and us all :)

Manny said:
I too sent the completed forms at that time and havent received file number or email yet. I haven't seen any one who submitted in that time frame having received file number yet.
I have not received my file number and sent my app on Jan 16th. Based on the posts earlier people got the File Number in 2-3 weeks, now it seems it is taking 6-8 weeks. It Looks like a lot of applications are coming in as the Federal stopped accepting software engineer. Keeping my fingers crossed as they may either close this program or put a quota/limit on it.
Guys, please post as soon as you receive the file number

alberta1978

Star Member
Jan 21, 2009
I have not received my file number and sent my app on Jan 16th. Based on the posts earlier people got the File Number in 2-3 weeks, now it seems it is taking 6-8 weeks. It Looks like a lot of applications are coming in as the Federal stopped accepting software engineer. Keeping my fingers crossed as they may either close this program or put a quota/limit on it.

Sirsmak and Manny, please post as soon as you receive the file number.

felix31

Star Member
Dec 1, 2008
I plan to send my packet tomorrow.

I guess getting the file number nowadays takes longer if you are brand new to the process since pre-assessment was stremlined. Once they review the packet you will get the number.

For those of us who are under old processing it should not take longer than 2-3 weeks to get it.

Anyways, will keep everyone posted

rezendgi

Dec 5, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2008
Doc's Request.
24-11-2009
Nomination.....
09-12-2009
AOR Received.
06-07-2010
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
16-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2010
LANDED..........
Not Yet
I sent my application on Jan 1 and I still didn't get a filenumber, how do you expect so early ??

Don't put all your imaginations like quota / limit and such things .. sit back and relax Man !

alberta1978 said:

A

Albertagoverner

rezendgi said:
I sent my application on Jan 1 and I still didn't get a filenumber, how do you expect so early ??

Don't put all your imaginations like quota / limit and such things .. sit back and relax Man !

alberta1978 said:

All who send application packet after January 1 2009:

The process is now going in slightly different way. People who sent packets in last week of Nov got thier file no within 2-3 weeks. But Now after Jan 1 2009, Beacause of High volume of application packets process is taking at least twice time. Expect any email with file No around 17-18th of february. Therefore they always asy that "It may take upto 2 month before candidate in notified that whether or not application has recieved for processing".

So sit back and refresh email Inbox....

A

Albertagoverner

Albertagoverner said:
rezendgi said:

alberta1978 said:

The process is now going in slightly different way. People who sent packets in last week of Nov got thier file no within 2-3 weeks. But Now after Jan 1 2009, Beacause of High volume of application packets process is taking at least twice time. Expect any email with file No around 17-18th of february. Therefore they always asy that "It may take upto 2 month before candidate in notified that whether or not application has recieved for processing".

One more reason, I Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov the whole AINP Team was visiting Philadelphia and New York to encourage H1B Visa holders to apply for SRS H1B PNP program and were comitting 2 months to issue PNP certificate and now it will take 2 month to get file number.. Early birds get the worms...

alberta1978

Star Member
Jan 21, 2009
rezendgi said:

alberta1978 said:

I am worried because Canada is not my backup plan, its my main plan. Most of the H-1 people are filing this PNP as a backup, but for me its a primary plan as my GC is not going to be processed. And based on what they did for Federal, I feel there is a slight chance of them doing the same for PNP.

I do not expect a file number until 6-8 weeks as I said. I am just trying to find out if anyone got as earlier people have got file nos within a week.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
If it gives you some relief not all the early birds got the worms.... at least not me :)) I filed my case at the beginning of may/08 and I got my nomination in November /08... no documents were requested during the process...

Pre-Assessment Application Sent - May 5, 2008
Pre-Assessment Approved - Jul 31, 2008
AINP Invitation Pkg Received - Aug 10, 2008
AINP Filed - Aug 22, 2008
Received File Number - Sep 9, 2008
AINP Nomination approved - Nov 5, 2008
AINP Nomination Pkg Received - Nov 28, 2008

Albertagoverner said:
Albertagoverner said:
rezendgi said:

alberta1978 said:

One more reason, I Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov the whole AINP Team was visiting Philadelphia and New York to encourage H1B Visa holders to apply for SRS H1B PNP program and were comitting 2 months to issue PNP certificate and now it will take 2 month to get file number.. Early birds get the worms...

sirsmak

Star Member
Jan 19, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2010 (CIC)
Med's Request
06-02-2010
Med's Done....
11-02-2010
Passport Req..
November 3rd
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2010
LANDED..........
Landed; Feb 06, 2011
Its been over 30 days now! USPS Tracking confirmation shows they recived my application with copies on 31st of december 2008... I am still waiting for that mysterious "File Number" which most ppl talked about here, that starts with xxx-xx and ends with certain three digits... Gosh...!

I read info provided by Albertagovernor (the one on this forum) … not so cool. That means its going to take even longer to get the nomination certificate (that is, if they don’t decide to reject it as I have seen a couple of rejections on this forum already) compared to many others on this forum. I am wondering if we compare, is it still a faster way of immigrating….

I'll keep you all posted if I get any updates from AINP ()

felix31

Star Member
Dec 1, 2008
Personally, I dont care how long it takes, as long as I get nominated. Like the other guy above, Alberta is my only GC option. Hopefully I'll qualify and get PR before my current H1 expires.

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anybody gone through the AINP with a job title other than the one that was mentioned on H1B filing and GOT the nomination?

If you are on H1B and your job title gets changed or you get promoted, do you have to let the USCIS know about that? Is there a fee that needs to be paid to the USCIS on doing this?

ss123

Star Member
Dec 14, 2008
your company lawyer or HR should be able to tell you. it is their responsibility more than yours.

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ss123 said:
your company lawyer or HR should be able to tell you. it is their responsibility more than yours.
Well, I am the only person with H1B in my company and the HR does not know anything about the USCIS rules regarding H1B. A lawyer did the H1B for me and he is no longer in the US. He moved to Australia. So, now it is my responsibility to make sure that I am legal and not breaking any rules.