+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B - Alberta PNP File Number / Certificate Timeline

alberta1978

Star Member
Jan 21, 2009
ingegarcia said:
If it gives you some relief not all the early birds got the worms.... at least not me :)) I filed my case at the beginning of may/08 and I got my nomination in November /08... no documents were requested during the process...

Pre-Assessment Application Sent - May 5, 2008
Pre-Assessment Approved - Jul 31, 2008
AINP Invitation Pkg Received - Aug 10, 2008
AINP Filed - Aug 22, 2008
Received File Number - Sep 9, 2008
AINP Nomination approved - Nov 5, 2008
AINP Nomination Pkg Received - Nov 28, 2008

Thanks
Albertagoverner said:
Albertagoverner said:
rezendgi said:
I sent my application on Jan 1 and I still didn't get a filenumber, how do you expect so early ??

Don't put all your imaginations like quota / limit and such things .. sit back and relax Man !

alberta1978 said:
I have not received my file number and sent my app on Jan 16th. Based on the posts earlier people got the File Number in 2-3 weeks, now it seems it is taking 6-8 weeks. It Looks like a lot of applications are coming in as the Federal stopped accepting software engineer. Keeping my fingers crossed as they may either close this program or put a quota/limit on it.

All who send application packet after January 1 2009:

The process is now going in slightly different way. People who sent packets in last week of Nov got thier file no within 2-3 weeks. But Now after Jan 1 2009, Beacause of High volume of application packets process is taking at least twice time. Expect any email with file No around 17-18th of february. Therefore they always asy that "It may take upto 2 month before candidate in notified that whether or not application has recieved for processing".

So sit back and refresh email Inbox....
One more reason, I Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov the whole AINP Team was visiting Philadelphia and New York to encourage H1B Visa holders to apply for SRS H1B PNP program and were comitting 2 months to issue PNP certificate and now it will take 2 month to get file number.. Early birds get the worms...

Thanks ingegarcia. Help by Sr. members like you is really appreciated.

A

Albertagoverner

alberta1978 said:
rezendgi said:
I sent my application on Jan 1 and I still didn't get a filenumber, how do you expect so early ??

Don't put all your imaginations like quota / limit and such things .. sit back and relax Man !

alberta1978 said:
I have not received my file number and sent my app on Jan 16th. Based on the posts earlier people got the File Number in 2-3 weeks, now it seems it is taking 6-8 weeks. It Looks like a lot of applications are coming in as the Federal stopped accepting software engineer. Keeping my fingers crossed as they may either close this program or put a quota/limit on it.

Sirsmak and Manny, please post as soon as you receive the file number.
I am worried because Canada is not my backup plan, its my main plan. Most of the H-1 people are filing this PNP as a backup, but for me its a primary plan as my GC is not going to be processed. And based on what they did for Federal, I feel there is a slight chance of them doing the same for PNP.

I do not expect a file number until 6-8 weeks as I said. I am just trying to find out if anyone got as earlier people have got file nos within a week.
Don't worry. You will be fine. As long as you have sent packet within January 2009 I can tell you now that PNP will be a year process after 7-8 months!! Due to its demand. Those days are gone while H1B workers were able to consider Canada GC as option or back up. It is need of today for everyone. No projects, Massive layoffs, USCIS's strictness towards Reddy owned Consulting Organizations; These all are reason which make Canada GC as the ONLY OPTION AND REASON TO BE IN STATES instead of Back up.

fineDude_123

Feb 4, 2009
Hi,
I received invitation to apply to CIC on 31 Jan 2009. On Invitation letter second page bottom they have mentioned conditions under which they will withdraw nomination. Can some one help me understand that? They have mentioned in case of emplyment status change from employer from whom you had applied for nominatin changes,they willl withdraw.
please clarify those lines

fineDude_123

Feb 4, 2009
Hi,
I received invitation to apply to CIC on 31 Jan 2009. On Invitation letter second page bottom they have mentioned conditions under which they will withdraw nomination. Can some one help me understand that? They have mentioned in case of emplyment status change from employer from whom you had applied for nominatin changes,they willl withdraw.

ss123

Star Member
Dec 14, 2008
try US forums like immigration.com, murthy.com for responses.

nix1 said:
ss123 said:
your company lawyer or HR should be able to tell you. it is their responsibility more than yours.
Well, I am the only person with H1B in my company and the HR does not know anything about the USCIS rules regarding H1B. A lawyer did the H1B for me and he is no longer in the US. He moved to Australia. So, now it is my responsibility to make sure that I am legal and not breaking any rules.

koolkarmaguy

Star Member
Jan 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/08/2010
Nomination.....
12/29/2011
AOR Received.
June 27 2012
Med's Request
June 4 2012
Med's Done....
June 29 2012
Interview........
none. In-process on May 23, 2013.
Passport Req..
September 17 2013
I think..if you are no longer on H1B after you apply to CIC...they might withdraw nomination... i guess. Not sure though..

did you apply in the AINP-H1B category?

whats ur time line..when did u send your application to AINP? u received nomination lttr on jan 31 ?

Please let me know..if you hear anything else...evryone in the same boat..afraid of layoffs and crap..here in US.

Manny

Dec 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 30, 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2009 CIC App. Filed.: Mar 15, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Request
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 15, 2010 File transferred: Nov 10, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011
Hmm... earlier understanding was that they would not withdraw. But evidently it has changed - and does not make much sense as to why the AINP nomination should change if we change the H1B job. You should call them and ask what it means - and please post their response back here.

BTW, fineDude_123 can you post your time line here? Like when you applied for pre-assessment, date AINP sent you your file number etc.

Thanks.

fineDude_123 said:
Hi,

bibo

Jan 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
Doc's Request.
25-11-2009
Nomination.....
30-11-2009
AOR Received.
17-07-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
Anyone knows anything about migrating to New Zealand? is it worth it?
Life is becoming so Unbearable here in the USA

A

Albertagoverner

fineDude_123 said:
Hi,
Dear fineDude_123

Its all about the demand and supply rule. In sep, oct months they provided Nomination certificate to people who just provided current employer's I 797 (Notice of Action). Now they are becoming quality concious as they are recieving more and more applications. The 2nd page in your packet means that In case if you are out of status after the time you applied for Alberta PNP then they will withdraw the Nomination. Means let's say Today you are working for Reddy Technologies Inc who filed for your H1 transfer from any other company whom petition was originally approved and you have pay stubs and everything from Reddy technologies and you got Nomination certificate and after 2 months of getting certificate USCIS denied the Reddy's petition for transfer after 2-3 RFE's then they will withdraw your Nomination as you have no status now. To be more clear look at example below:

Let's say:

Your H1 got approved with "Hyderabad Business Solutions" in 2008 March right!
In sep 2008, "Reddy technologies Inc" filed for H1 transfer and got reciept of Notice right!
You start working for reddy and transfer application is in USCIS process and you got 2 RFE's one by one.

Meanwhile, In dec 2008 you heared about Alberta PNP program and applied for that in January 2009 after pre assessment and everything.

In Feb 2009 Alberta sent you nomination certificate.

In March 2009 USCIS denied H1 transfer petition filed by Reddy Technologies because reddy couldn't reply your last RFE which was about reddy's company profile, work orders, Finacial statements etc.

Then this PNP nomination will be withdrawn as you have no status.

A

Albertagoverner

Albertagoverner said:
fineDude_123 said:
Hi,
Dear fineDude_123

Its all about the demand and supply rule. In sep, oct months they provided Nomination certificate to people who just provided current employer's I 797 (Notice of Action). Now they are becoming quality concious as they are recieving more and more applications. The 2nd page in your packet means that In case if you are out of status after the time you applied for Alberta PNP then they will withdraw the Nomination. Means let's say Today you are working for Reddy Technologies Inc who filed for your H1 transfer from any other company whom petition was originally approved and you have pay stubs and everything from Reddy technologies and you got Nomination certificate and after 2 months of getting certificate USCIS denied the Reddy's petition for transfer after 2-3 RFE's then they will withdraw your Nomination as you have no status now. To be more clear look at example below:

Let's say:

Your H1 got approved with "Hyderabad Business Solutions" in 2008 March right!
In sep 2008, "Reddy technologies Inc" filed for H1 transfer and got reciept of Notice right!
You start working for reddy and transfer application is in USCIS process and you got 2 RFE's one by one.

Meanwhile, In dec 2008 you heared about Alberta PNP program and applied for that in January 2009 after pre assessment and everything.

In Feb 2009 Alberta sent you nomination certificate.

In March 2009 USCIS denied H1 transfer petition filed by Reddy Technologies because reddy couldn't reply your last RFE which was about reddy's company profile, work orders, Finacial statements etc.

Then this PNP nomination will be withdrawn as you have no status.

Therefore, It is highly recemonded to people whose H1 transfer is in process to apply once everything has done. If you have H1B stamped and working for same employer that is the Best situation to apply. In case One H1B is in process and you expect the result within a month or soon then Definitely, One should apply after he has Notice I 797 with approval. Becuase it is risky to apply for Alberta H1B PNP while transfer application is in process. It is better to apply for FSW while H1B transfer is in process and once you recieve the approval of transfer then apply for Alberta Nomination.

Feb 4, 2009

I would like to caution All AINP H1B applicants soliciting advise on this forum to

also talk to AINP Hotline directly before taking any advise on this forum

at face value. I have always consulted this hotline several times before applying

and even after getting nominated. They have been very helpful and are right source to seek.

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/campaigns/h1b.html

"If you have any questions, please contact the Immigrate to Alberta Information Service; toll free in Alberta at 1-877-427-6419 and outside of Alberta at 1-780-427-6419 or email us at immigration.info@gov.ab.ca"

AbuMalik

Star Member
Dec 11, 2008
Hello Gurus,

On the ABPNP 003, there is a question that is as below:

Industry and Association standards required and obtained -

Journeyperson Certification
College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta
College and Associations of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA)
etc ..
Other standards required and Obtained (specify):

I am bit confused on this question, do we need to mention anything about our education ?

Did anyone go through this one, kindly shed some light please

Thanks

C

cchabert

AbuMalik said:
Hello Gurus,

On the ABPNP 003, there is a question that is as below:

Industry and Association standards required and obtained -

Journeyperson Certification
College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta
College and Associations of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA)
etc ..
Other standards required and Obtained (specify):

I am bit confused on this question, do we need to mention anything about our education ?

Did anyone go through this one, kindly shed some light please

Thanks
Health care careers and some in engineering are regulated by the Government if you are not in this category like Nurse just put N/A

AbuMalik

Star Member
Dec 11, 2008
Hi All,

There are many Canadian visa offices across the US like Buffalo, Detroit, Los Angeles, Seattle, Washington D.C ..

I have seen many posts for the Buffalo office, does anyone have any idea which one is better ??

Appreciating your help.

Thanks

A

Albertagoverner

AbuMalik said:
Hi All,

There are many Canadian visa offices across the US like Buffalo, Detroit, Los Angeles, Seattle, Washington D.C ..

I have seen many posts for the Buffalo office, does anyone have any idea which one is better ??

Appreciating your help.

Thanks
Dear Abu Malik

Only Buffalo, New York consulate process Permanent resident visa applications. rest all consulates are for temporary visas like. student permit, work permit, tourist, working Holiday or BUNAC related Programs.