+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

LAStudent

Oct 2, 2021
This is the date your officer will have to follow up on your criminality check - could be that he expects a response from another agency, or has to provide a status update to another agency etc.
Okay thanks. It was October and haven't passed the Criminality yet, so we'll have to wait again

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Okay thanks. It was October and haven't passed the Criminality yet, so we'll have to wait again
Yes probably agent was expecting confirmation of no criminal record from partner agency and it did not arrive on time. So if there is no update by the time due date arrives, they re-set your due date and extend it (usually by 1 month). It happened to me back in 2012 when I applied for PR. It took them 6 months to get confirmation of clean record from my home country. But this was very long time ago. Now things move faster with enhanced digitization of records.

LAStudent

Oct 2, 2021
Yes probably agent was expecting confirmation of no criminal record from partner agency and it did not arrive on time. So if there is no update by the time due date arrives, they re-set your due date and extend it (usually by 1 month). It happened to me back in 2012 when I applied for PR. It took them 6 months to get confirmation of clean record from my home country. But this was very long time ago. Now things move faster with enhanced digitization of records.
I hope so, because it seems like they have been working on my criminality for 6 months already

stranger101

Nov 12, 2021
Hello everyone,
I received a pay increase letter from my work yesterday for being working hard during pandemic. Can I submit this letter to IRCC even after receiving AOR? My application hasn’t started processing yet.
Plus I have another question, I updated my address online 2 weeks ago but it still shows the old residential address. Do I need to call to verify and update it as the website says it takes 5 business days to show new address?
Also I have started taking French classes.

SweetQueen

Nov 12, 2020
Hello everyone,
I received a pay increase letter from my work yesterday for being working hard during pandemic. Can I submit this letter to IRCC even after receiving AOR? My application hasn’t started processing yet.
Plus I have another question, I updated my address online 2 weeks ago but it still shows the old residential address. Do I need to call to verify and update it as the website says it takes 5 business days to show new address?
Yes, you can update your file by sending the letter along with other documents like recent pay slips, proof of French class registration and any other documents relevant to your application. Best of luck.

Reactions: stranger101

GrecchiJu

Apr 29, 2021
Hello everyone,
My address was updated months ago and still shows the first one. I think they are not updating the website properly.

Reactions: BrazaRec

TNtsima

Star Member
Sep 16, 2020
Hi everyone, I want to ask when you do the phone call update and it says started processing your application, started background check.
What does it mean? Have not received AIP yet. What's the background check?
On ecas it says in process

SweetQueen

Nov 12, 2020
Hi everyone, I want to ask when you do the phone call update and it says started processing your application, started background check.
What does it mean? Have not received AIP yet. What's the background check?
On ecas it says in process
I think that information remains same even after receiving AIP.
When did you use the phone update. I tried using it today but the option was not available.

Reactions: Katayoon