+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

R Brar

Star Member
May 28, 2015
People often ask here about approval chances for HC. These are the most comprehensive stats I could find online, where you can see decisions by year and country. Note: this is historical data and does not necessarily mean this is how things will evolve in the future as policies change. But is a good indication of trends. I note that there were 5 people from my partner's country who were in process last year and all five refused...Well, it was a rough year not only for us...

https://migrantrights.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/IRCC-Humanitarian-Compassionate-Applications-1.pdf
Data reflects a specific trend of more refusals n less approvals in many countries. Male more refused than female. Good data for academic discussion and research of H and C analysis. Thanks for your effort.

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
Data reflects a specific trend of more refusals n less approvals in many countries. Male more refused than female. Good data for academic discussion and research of H and C analysis. Thanks for your effort.
I know these statistics already.
I agree with you but I don't think the statistics are really accurate in addition it only concerns fully finalized applications (stage 2) so approved applicants who are not officially permanent residents are not calculated

Reactions: Katayoon

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know these statistics already.
I agree with you but I don't think the statistics are really accurate in addition it only concerns fully finalized applications (stage 2) so approved applicants who are not officially permanent residents are not calculated
Yes, this is stats on full finalized applications. I would not call it inaccuracy, but rather a reporting lag. So readers should be aware that, for example, "2019 approvals" contain people who received AIP in 2019, but also in 2018 and maybe even end of 2017 (if their background check took super long). So by looking at this data, we cannot tell when did the applicant pass first Stage 1. However, over time these reporting differences will be smoothed out because if this year - 2021 - there was an exceptionally high AIP rate, we will see a spike in approvals later in 2021 and in 2022 (when many of these AIPs will become PR).

so yes, this data does not reflect perfectly how hard or easy it is to pass Stage 1 in a given year.

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
Yes, this is stats on full finalized applications. I would not call it inaccuracy, but rather a reporting lag. So readers should be aware that, for example, "2019 approvals" contain people who received AIP in 2019, but also in 2018 and maybe even end of 2017 (if their background check took super long). So by looking at this data, we cannot tell when did the applicant pass first Stage 1. However, over time these reporting differences will be smoothed out because if this year - 2021 - there was an exceptionally high AIP rate, we will see a spike in approvals later in 2021 and in 2022 (when many of these AIPs will become PR).

so yes, this data does not reflect perfectly how hard or easy it is to pass Stage 1 in a given year.
exactly

MoBar

Dec 11, 2021
I just called now, out of curiousity, and it worked. As I expected, call got transferred automatically to agent since final decision has already been made on the application. No automatic status provided.
Hi Katayoon,
Did you enter your UCI number or application number when you called?

R Brar

Star Member
May 28, 2015

Agree with your analysis. It is academic discussion as well

• Love

MoBar

Dec 11, 2021
Hi @MoBar you will need both: UCI to enter automatic phone line and App number to hear your status.
I called the number last week. However, I was not able to enter my application #. The UCI # was requested at the beginning and once I entered it I was automatically transferred to agent line. There was no option to enter application numbers.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called the number last week. However, I was not able to enter my application #. The UCI # was requested at the beginning and once I entered it I was automatically transferred to agent line. There was no option to enter application numbers.
I think they had temporary issues as @SweetQueen also had problems. I tried twice on Friday and it worked, however I had problems with the English line (it did not recognize the app number) so I had to switch to the French line. Just keep trying - it will work eventually.

SweetQueen

Nov 12, 2020
I think they had temporary issues as @SweetQueen also had problems. I tried twice on Friday and it worked, however I had problems with the English line (it did not recognize the app number) so I had to switch to the French line. Just keep trying - it will work eventually.
That’s correct. I was not able to use it initially but it worked Later in the evening.

Fayamufi

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Ontario
The officer called me asked me my name and birthday then tolled me his name that he's senior officer, he asked me why i never worked in Uk i said because of stress situation then he said me i will let you apply for PR in canada if only i will work here , i said yes sir i will work then he asked me are you sure you gonna work? i said yes , he told to get a job and send him the employment latter also told me don't delay and told me he will retire after processing my application. Now i need to find a work and , police certificate from uk .
Start driving uber. Good amd easy and fast. Even they will provide you a job letter too
Wish you all the best

Fayamufi

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Ontario
Anyone have any experience from H&C refused to leave / judicial review grant from federal court ??

if yes, then i want to know what is the next step.

when you application grant by judge and referred back to immigration office for re consideration.
Plz share your experience.
Thanks

Reactions: Jeps