+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Yes, and amongst other reasons I keep praying that the Auditor General completes a in-depth review of the IRCC. Which hopefully would recommend changes to the Immigration & Refugees Act
One can only hope

( Not everyone has good reasons to apply under H&C , they just do )

https://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/i-2.5/
Whatever God plans are will happen
2020 application you guys have two more months to final decisions good luck

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Asylum and h&c it's not really the same thing and you can not generalize ! Also each case is different. and I don't understand what is the relation between visitors applying for h&c and the fact of not being qualified to the economic programs! the difficulties that a person can have and the consequences have no connection with the status or the permit because as I said each case and each file is different !!!! every person has a different arguments and situation.
In general it is very hard for visitors arriving to claim H&C or it would negate the hard work others do to qualify for economic immigration programs. Yes everyone has their own case but no immigration lawyer would suggest that thais a good way to try and secure PR.

Fréijoer Léiw

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
In general it is very hard for visitors arriving to claim H&C or it would negate the hard work others do to qualify for economic immigration programs. Yes everyone has their own case but no immigration lawyer would suggest that thais a good way to try and secure PR.
you still generalize! anyone may need compassion because he has humanitarian reasons and it has absolutely nothing to do with status! and I still don't see the connection with the fact of having no luck with the economic programs and a visitor who wants to apply for PR for humanitarian reasons! also a foreign student or a temporary worker could have zero chances to apply for PR through economic programs! and if you think that a visitor has not lived enough time so he does not have good arguments for the establishment ( which represents a factor among several others ) you are wrong! note that the integration is not necessarily based on the duration, there are people who have lived here for years but they don't know anything about life here and about the country, many lived in canada for a long time but they dind't study, didn't work, they did not volunteer, no family or friends etc... many have lived in canada for 4, 5 10 years with work permits or study permits but their application was refused, why? because they didn't have real humanitarian reasons! while other people have applied for PR after a few months or a year of living in Canada but they got a favorable decision, because they had good humanitarian arguments.

Any good lawyer can suggest H&C to his cilent if he judges that he has a situation that deserves compassion.

Applying for permanent residence for humanitarian reasons is not always a tool for people who do not qualify for economic programs, but rather for people who need compassion based on their arguments and of course, each case is different !

Last edited:

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
No.... but am just worried as my work permit expires in January and without AIP i wont be able to renew. I got it as i was a refugee claimant
You shouldn’t be worried about work permit you still have 6 months to Expiration date by that time I hope you have you Aip otherwise cbsa maybe remove you from country the deportation will start as latest August or September

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Yes...that too, i put my PRRA in already. And i have 3 children and pregant with my 4th and last. My oldest is only 6.
now your open up so in my experience you have very strong H&c ground they only way I’m thinking your taking longer more than other applicant because your file Might be transferred to senior officer that’s why
Did you requested a gcms note yet!

Reactions: Lexus2021