+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
My lawyer is saying since I have two applications they can’t put the decision online they got to see me in person. The decision made is for H&C. I don’t know about pra.I don’t have a removal order but I have been at the border office a couple of times to sign
There is no deportation in this moment

Reactions: Lexus2021

Growing pains

Apr 3, 2020
My lawyer is saying since I have two applications they can’t put the decision online they got to see me in person. The decision made is for H&C. I don’t know about pra.I don’t have a removal order but I have been at the border office a couple of times to sign
Usually,when it’s negative decision,they send you a letter in the mail.It’s only CBSA that books people for in person interviews.Unless you’re landing,of course,it will be in person.And since we’re in a pandemic, everything is digital.

Muna nuru

Mar 22, 2016
Usually,when it’s negative decision,they send you a letter in the mail.It’s only CBSA that books people for in person interviews.Unless you’re landing,of course,it will be in person.And since we’re in a pandemic, everything is digital.
Yes I think you got my point after it said decision made whatever the decision is, isn’t 2 months too long ? I mean it said decision made on August 14 how many months it take to receive the decision? That was my question. About the pra I didn’t hear anything.

M0527

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Hi guys, how long does it take for 2nd decision to be approved? I just submitted my outstanding (medical, police report, and proof of income) yesterday.

Also, has anyone here applied for a work permit after receiving AIP, how long the work permit takes to be approved?
We’re waiting for WP since July...

Reactions: Andy85_

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
I have questions
I talked to ircc today
She said My case pass around the officer but I don’t have actual appointed office
Anyone please advise me in this

Reactions: Lexus2021

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Wow they process your application very fast
What kind of document they requested on 9 January usually h&c take from 12 to 24 months the longer it takes the better out come
What happened with your PRRA did you got any answers cbsa office is closed furthER notice Because of COVID 19

It looks like there is a new program for recent cases to speed up approval or refusal. This is the second application from 2020 that has been processed quite fast. Assume they are trying to tackle the large backlog. Also the longer someone stays the better chance of them being approved in many cases so there is incentive to approve or refuse people as soon as possible.

Reactions: Ex ツ

Growing pains

Apr 3, 2020
Yes I think you got my point after it said decision made whatever the decision is, isn’t 2 months too long ? I mean it said decision made on August 14 how many months it take to receive the decision? That was my question. About the pra I didn’t hear anything.
Usually,decision made varies from applications.But most people get decision made around 1-2years.So two months is not long for H&C.Instead,it’s too soon

D_8rane

Star Member
Apr 12, 2018
This is fast
Mine is
Application received- Dec 2019
AOR- Dec 2019

what is your h&c reason?
Thank you
I have a canadian born child but I got approved based on hardship. I submitted a lot of documents, pictures, supporting letters, I was working full time, had volunteer jobs, proof of donations, explained them why I applied for PR etc. Goodluck!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Usually,decision made varies from applications.But most people get decision made around 1-2years.So two months is not long for H&C.Instead,it’s too soon
Actually it’s been more like 2+ years on average for the past few years at least but all of a sudden there are these faster processing times

Reactions: Ex ツ

Muna nuru

Mar 22, 2016
Wow they process your application very fast
What kind of document they requested on 9 January usually h&c take from 12 to 24 months the longer it takes the better out come
What happened with your PRRA did you got any answers cbsa office is closed furthER notice Because of COVID 19
Biometrics

Growing pains

Apr 3, 2020
By the way it’s my second application the first one was rejected after two and half years maybe that’s why it’s fast.
If you were rejected based on the same issue as the first one,you should try to resolve that problem before you re-apply or even ask for reconsideration.Also,if it’s the same lawyer the first and 2nd,you may want to change him for future application