+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

ballaknassah

Oct 19, 2020
Are you working with an immigration lawyer?

I don't believe there is any point in submitting another H&C application until you know the PRRA decision. If the PRRA decision is negative, a second H&C application won't stop removal. If PRRA does end up being negative, then you will either want to appeal to the Federal Court or request to defer removal. You'll want to be working with a good lawyer to do either of these.
Unfortunately, I do not have another choice because I Am Stateless I don't have a country to go back to.
and I don't think it's a good idea to appeal to the decision.
I think it's better to submit a new case with a new lawyer to gain the time.
now it's more than 4 months I am waiting for the refused letter to know the reason.

Please advice ..

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
I don't think so..both are different files. My PRRA got rejected and my H&C got stage1 approval 5 months after PRRA rejection
I agree with you PRRA is with cbsa office and h&c is with iRCc office
Same how they work together
Maybe you have good h&c ground
PRRA is not a refugee you need a lot of life threatening evidence to get approved Or you got to be from war zone country

I read some ppl Got approved of PRRA too

Reactions: Lexus2021

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Unfortunately, I do not have another choice because I Am Stateless I don't have a country to go back to.
and I don't think it's a good idea to appeal to the decision.
I think it's better to submit a new case with a new lawyer to gain the time.
now it's more than 4 months I am waiting for the refused letter to know the reason.

Please advice ..
If you stateless you don’t need worried about it go apply for work permit for few years then reapply
You may have kind of pass back ground
If you have criminal records or some
You need to apply for rehabilitation application then apply for h&c

ballaknassah

Oct 19, 2020
If you stateless you don’t need worried about it go apply for a work permit for few years then reapply
You may have kind of pass background
If you have criminal records or some
You need to apply for rehabilitation application then apply for h&c
No criminal records, so I can apply for a new H&C case. Any other advice.?

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
No criminal records, so I can apply for a new H&C case. Any other advice.?
Don’t apply now just wait few months
Apply in 2021
Fine a good lawyer get their opinion because we don’t know about your case no information
I know someOne in your situation he liEs about his Identity he wasn’t eligible for refugee or PRRA he waited five years then apply for h&c

ballaknassah

Oct 19, 2020
Deportable Mean you been deport on paper your not eligible for benefits in Canada
Removal Means they can force you to remove
But since you Don’t have a country or passport so your not removal for now
I have a passport but don't have a country to go back to , and Thanks for your advice :)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sorry, I submited the H&C and PRRA at the same time and I don't have any PR app now.

Only I need to know if I can submit a new H&C case? or I have to wait until receiving the resued letter for the first H&C Case.
It says you received AOR for PR in May 2019 so I was confused.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have a passport but don't have a country to go back to , and Thanks for your advice :)
This statement is confusing can you elaborate. On what type of permit or visa did you and your spouse use to come to Canada? Unfortunately there are cases of stateless people in Canada who end up in limbo. They have been refused all their PR attempts but also can't be deported because they are stateless. You really need to be working with your lawyer. Unless your circumstances have changed dramatically there is no point in applying for another H&C.

reneelaw1

Feb 12, 2020
Hello, everyone am new here I applied for H&C (Best Interest of child) in June 2019 and PRRA in July 2019 the below it's my timeline :
We received your application for permanent residence in May 2019.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) in July 2019.
We started processing your application in July 2020.
End of July 2020 Decision Made without AIP.
August 2020 received a letter by mail from CBSA your PRRA Decision has been made.
So far I have not received the final decision (refused Letter ) or the reasons rejected H&C case.
Also, no update in the PRRA case decision from CBSA.
I can submit a new case for H&C before receiving the old decision?
Is it possible that the decision for PRRA is Positive?
A friend case was similar to yours, his decision on H&C was very fast and negative but when he went in for the PRAA decision he was Approved for PRAA. I think when they approve PRAA they close the H&C case. I would advise you just wait for you decision. Unfortunately they only give PRAA decision in person. Good luck

reneelaw1

Feb 12, 2020
Hi Guys,

I received medical instruction and also to provide some documents today. I was asked to submit a police check for all country i have lived in for over 6 months, my question is do i have to do police check from my home country as well?

Thank you.

Me2020

Oct 15, 2020
Hi Guys,

I received medical instruction and also to provide some documents today. I was asked to submit a police check for all country i have lived in for over 6 months, my question is do i have to do police check from my home country as well?

Thank you.
Of course
Good luck