+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Pinloni

Feb 9, 2020
Once you claim refugee you can get work permit! The first on took 3 months to process then 3 weeks for futurs ones! I did all by myself! Because I didn't have good lawyer nor money, I prefered keep the money for HC fees. I will help you as much as I can! I appealed but got denied i even filed prra while hoping it to succed and to keep the removal order on stand-by in case it failed.

Pinloni

Feb 9, 2020
Once you claim refugee you can get work permit! The first on took 3 months to process then 3 weeks for futurs ones! I did all by myself! Because I didn't have good lawyer nor money, I prefered keep the money for HC fees. I will help you as much as I can! I appealed but got denied i even filed prra while hoping it to succed and to keep the removal order on stand-by in case it failed.
Our lawyer really messed us up, so she told us that our judicial review was dismissed, so we asked what step to take she said H&C best interest of the children, so I told her that I dont have any family in Nigeria that my daddy is dead, and my mummy has been flown to the US, she asked I could get death certificate I said yes, which I did, but her money for h&c is mind blowing, other lawyers we saw there money is really to high, we tot to ourselves if they say we should go back, we will maybe stay in a church they see what can happen after all, some1 said when the cbsa calls us to come we should go and ask for PRRA

Pinloni

Feb 9, 2020
Hello,
Have you right to ask for PRRA? If yes you would have to wait 1 year after your judicial review dismissed to filed your PRRA. Meanwhile you can still working.
What I did in this case, was to applied for another open work permit, with a letter to explained to IO that I need to work to take care of my child while waiting for prra, and they renew my work permit for 2years.

Even with 2 years work permit I couldn't applied for permanent job, I steel working in the same place but they will not offer permanence until I become PR.

In my opinion, you must apply for a renewal at least 2 month before your actual permit expire, and show the application then the new permit to your employer in order to extend your contract.

I wish you best of luck! I been in your feet 2 years ago, without any partner to support and i was awful, but I know that it's gonna be alright by God grace.
We did apply for work permit in October 2019 and it was going to expire in March 2020, it was emailed back that we were meant to pay, so we not applied for a new one in January 2020, and our judicial review was dismissed in December 2019, we came into Canada 2017 dec so can we apply for prra

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
We did apply for work permit in October 2019 and it was going to expire in March 2020, it was emailed back that we were meant to pay, so we not applied for a new one in January 2020, and our judicial review was dismissed in December 2019, we came into Canada 2017 dec so can we apply for prra
CBSA will determine if you are eligible to apply for a PRRA. It’s only available if offered. Your removal order is in force immediately as the JR has been refused. It was in effect immediately after your refugee application was refused , but on hold through the appeal process.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5523-applying-removal-risk-assessment.html

Last edited:
Reactions: Pinloni

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What is your situation? You talk about work permits and best interest of the child but that your father is dead and your mother in the US. Are you children or adults?

Pinloni

Feb 9, 2020
What is your situation? You talk about work permits and best interest of the child but that your father is dead and your mother in the US. Are you children or adults?
My situation is we got a mail from our lawyer that our judicial review was dismissed
So my question is can we file humanitarian ourselves
Am an adult
When the lawyer asked me who can we stay with back home and I said my father is dead, so because of that, my mother was flown to the US, so I dont have anyone to stay with back

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
My situation is we got a mail from our lawyer that our judicial review was dismissed
Am an adult
When the lawyer asked me who can we stay with back home and I said my father is dead, so because of that, my mother was flown to the US, so I dont have anyone to stay with back
And that’s your H&C ? That you don’t have anyone to live with, if you’re sent back to your country ? And you’re a adult , correct ?

That’s not H&C

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Am an adult
Do you have children? Just a heads up that H&C applications won’t stop you being removed from Canada. CBSA can enforce the removal order at any time. The application will continue to be processed in your absence.

Pinloni

Feb 9, 2020
And that’s your H&C ? That you don’t have anyone to live with, if you’re sent back to your country ? And you’re a adult , correct ?

That’s not H&C
The Lawyer said we are going to put in H&C in the best interest of the children, so the lawyer asked me if we had anyone back more to stay back with or to pick us up at the airport, so I told the lawyer no, that the only person left for me now is my mother and she has been flown to the US, because of my father's death, so the lawyer asked if I could get my fathers death certificate so that when we put in H&C will add it as has a new document

Pinloni

Feb 9, 2020
Do you have children? Just a heads up that H&C applications won’t stop you being removed from Canada. CBSA can enforce the removal order at any time. The application will continue to be processed in your absence.
Yes I have children(2)13 and 6
Can we plead with the CBSA that we dont have anybody to stay with back home, and we are going to suffer if sent back home and so on with the current situation in my country Nigeria
For the H&C can we apply ourselves?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Whether you plead or not, it will be up to CBSA to decide if you stay. You are currently without status in Canada. You can apply for H&C yourself, but I’d strongly recommend a lawyer familiar with the process.

Reactions: Pinloni

Pinloni

Feb 9, 2020
Whether you plead or not, it will be up to CBSA to decide if you stay. You are currently without status in Canada. You can apply for H&C yourself, but I’d strongly recommend a lawyer familiar with the process.
The lawyers are asking for so much to put in, 6 thousand and more, but we are have a appointment with fcj tomorrow and mississauga community Center, we heard those places are free, that they can help push it in,

Pinloni

Feb 9, 2020
I pray they take our plead, so that we can stay, and again we re applied for work permit and sent it, can we write them that we need a new one on time, because we are not on welfare so that we work to take care of ourselves

Pinloni

Feb 9, 2020
I pray they take our plead, so that we can stay, and again we re applied for work permit and sent it, can we write them that we need a new one on time, because we are not on welfare so that we work to take care of ourselves
Thank you so much, bless your heart with all this information

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
CBSA are not a particularly compassionate organization. The have a job to do and are subject to laws and regulations. Compassion is not part of the requirements, or everyone would get to stay irregardless of the situation. Hope for the best but be prepared for the worst.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/calgary-family-ordered-deported-to-sri-lanka-pleads-to-government-for-more-time/amp