+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

miss.y

Feb 9, 2019
Hello all, I am new to this forum but I have been reading all your posts and it gives me hope that I might have a chance to stay in Canada. I’m hoping you guys can give me some pointers and insights on the H&C application before I go see a lawyer to put together an application. I know that cases vary for everyone but around how many pages of documentations (including letters etc) did you guys send? I know probably the more the better since this application is kind of like a one shot chance :/

KOKO 88

Feb 10, 2019
Hello everyone
I applied for H&C in 3rd of July 2018 and they email me that my application was received in 6th of July 2018 and till now there is no update
Is it normal not to receive any reply

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Processing times are showing 30 months for those that have already applied. You should probably expect another 12 months before you start to hear much from them.

Lovely-Canada

Star Member
Jun 17, 2018
@Buletruck and Experts
My refugee claim denied last month, I have young kids, I'm planning to apply for H&C.

Should I go for appeal first or to for H&C along with PRRA?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
H&C acceptance rate isn’t stellar either. Keep in mind, one of the considerations for H&C is establishment in Canada. Community involvement, children’s ties, etc.......technically, the longer you remain in Canada, the better your chances (that’s a hint).

Reactions: Lovely-Canada

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
H&C acceptance rate isn’t stellar either. Keep in mind, one of the considerations for H&C is establishment in Canada. Community involvement, children’s ties, etc.......technically, the longer you remain in Canada, the better your chances (that’s a hint).
If they applied in March 2018 and already had a hearing the family seems to be on a targeted list.

Lovely-Canada

Star Member
Jun 17, 2018
Guessing you might be a Roxham Rd applicant. Seems like CIC is trying to process these cases quickly because many are economic migrants. Not judging your case. Just a general statement.
Not my case.
short hearings are for those who entered legally and have presented their case legally and their cases are strait and not complex

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
If they applied in March 2018 and already had a hearing the family seems to be on a targeted list.
Definite possibility. OP may find they fast track any application they put in if that’s the case.

Lovely-Canada

Star Member
Jun 17, 2018
Definite possibility. OP may find they fast track any application they put in if that’s the case.
Actually they have categorized the cases and putting less complex cases on fast track as per their website.
Cases on fast track doesn't mean denial only.