+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

ladylin

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
I received an email this morning that my file has been finalized and was approved and was send to Etobicoke for the landing interview a date was not given but a deadline was they say that the interview will b bfore the 20 of feb which is the date my medical is going to expire

Congratulations Kadija, please whats your time line again

Saba321

Jan 26, 2018
What happens if failed refugee claimant's H&C application is approved.. are they given any status ?? I just want to know what happens next.. thank you ..

Sanjida29

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Hi everyone,
I am planning to apply H&C for that reason I am trying arrange all my supporting documents.
I want to know what kind of document do I need to show my ties with Canada.
Could u please share check list for H&C.
Thank you in advance

park1996

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
What happens if failed refugee claimant's H&C application is approved.. are they given any status ?? I just want to know what happens next.. thank you ..
The short answer is no.

The longer answer is no but you can apply for it and it will stop the removal order. Once you get an Approval in Principle you'll get what they call a stay of removal. That's a suspension of all of your removal orders. Then you can apply for a work permit, a study permit or a visitor extension (I'm not sure about the visitor extension part). But do aware that the work permit will "not confer temporary resident status", meaning you're technically still "out of status" in Canada. After the finalization of your PR application, your removal order(s) received before your landing date will then become permanently void and null and you'll have PR status then.

I'm not a lawyer but from my understanding that's the best I can get.

Saba321

Jan 26, 2018
The short answer is no.

The longer answer is no but you can apply for it and it will stop the removal order. Once you get an Approval in Principle you'll get what they call a stay of removal. That's a suspension of all of your removal orders. Then you can apply for a work permit, a study permit or a visitor extension (I'm not sure about the visitor extension part). But do aware that the work permit will "not confer temporary resident status", meaning you're technically still "out of status" in Canada. After the finalization of your PR application, your removal order(s) received before your landing date will then become permanently void and null and you'll have PR status then.

I'm not a lawyer but from my understanding that's the best I can get.
Thank you for your time and you explained it very well.. thanks again

KechE

Jan 28, 2019
Applied dec 2016
AIP dec 2017
Medical feb 2018
Fianl stage jan 2019
Applied dec 2016
AIP dec 2017
Medical feb 2018
Fianl stage jan 2019
Hi Kadija16,

I wanted to know,at what stage does IRCC grant a H&C applicant a work permit?Is it at the first stage of approval or one has to wait for the whole process to be completed before one is issued a work permit?Please kindly share since you have gotten to the Final stage.

Thank you and any information will be highly appreciated.

Kadija16

Star Member
Mar 16, 2018
Hi Kadija16,

I wanted to know,at what stage does IRCC grant a H&C applicant a work permit?Is it at the first stage of approval or one has to wait for the whole process to be completed before one is issued a work permit?Please kindly share since you have gotten to the Final stage.

Thank you and any information will be highly appreciated.
After first stage approval

KechE

Jan 28, 2019
After first stage approval
Hi again,

From your timeline when did you submit your application and when did you get the first stage approval?And when you are sent the first stage approval,does it come with the work permit as well?