+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Actually they have categorized the cases and putting less complex cases on fast track as per their website.
Cases on fast track doesn't mean denial only.
Yes certain countries are on an expedited list but the government is also prioritizing processing cases where people have crossed the border from a few countries. Many don't qualify for asylum so they want people to be rejected as soon as possible so they haven't established themselves in Canada. The government has also seen that a good percentage of Canadians are concerned about the volume of people who're crossing the border on foot. They want to publicize deportations in the election year. Believe the target is 10000 this year. They also need to deport people so communities start spreading the word that asylum in Canada is not a guarantee. Unfortunately some of their community members have given them a false sense of security and assured them that Canada would let anyone crossing the border to stay in Canada.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Cases on fast track doesn't mean denial only.
Well they are either from specific countries, with specific claims and a successful application rate of 80% approval or from countries with less than 20% approval rate. So it’s a fifty-fifty chance of either. Op should be reviewing the statistics of their home country for a better idea which way it’s going to go.

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
Can anyone share that in H&C application, travelling is allowed or do they return passports?
H&C's applications don't offer anything special for travel, and the return of the passport would be only to see someone leave Canada. If you leave then there isn't any promise that you can return, although they'll still make a decision.

Reactions: Lovely-Canada

Lovely-Canada

Star Member
Jun 17, 2018
Well they are either from specific countries, with specific claims and a successful application rate of 80% approval or from countries with less than 20% approval rate. So it’s a fifty-fifty chance of either. Op should be reviewing the statistics of their home country for a better idea which way it’s going to go.
@Buletruck
Any idea what is success rate of refugee appeals these days specially when claimant found credible and denial is based on IFA?

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
@Buletruck
Any idea what is success rate of refugee appeals these days specially when claimant found credible and denial is based on IFA?
Internal Flight Alternatives (IFA) have to be reasonable so any statistics would need be country-specific given the differing countries and a person's ability to move about freely. IFAs can be hard to argue against.

anhcanada2702

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
H&C's applications don't offer anything special for travel, and the return of the passport would be only to see someone leave Canada. If you leave then there isn't any promise that you can return, although they'll still make a decision.
I wonder if after you get your PR through H&C can you travel back to your home country? I applied for my H&C base on the hardship that I faced back home and opposite political opinions and wish to stay in Canada.
Anyone has any idea please? Thank you!

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
I wonder if after you get your PR through H&C can you travel back to your home country? I applied for my H&C base on the hardship that I faced back home and opposite political opinions and wish to stay in Canada.
Anyone has any idea please? Thank you!
When you receive PR status you are "landed" under one class or another, and for the H&C approval anyone can travel where they please. If you were landed as a Convention refugee, then travel to ones' home country would/could/should become an issue.

Lovely-Canada

Star Member
Jun 17, 2018
Internal Flight Alternatives (IFA) have to be reasonable so any statistics would need be country-specific given the differing countries and a person's ability to move about freely. IFAs can be hard to argue against.
I agree it could be hard to argue on IFA,
And if it's not appealed then probably PRRA and H&C would be suitable. But I'm not sure the chances of success in H&C only in 1 year, but ofcourse kids are too young. What do you say?
Or appeal to be filed personally

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
I agree it could be hard to argue on IFA,
And if it's not appealed then probably PRRA and H&C would be suitable. But I'm not sure the chances of success in H&C only in 1 year, but ofcourse kids are too young. What do you say?
Or appeal to be filed personally
I couldn't advise you on such an important decision. H&Cs need a lot of very thorough effort put into them and they need to be maintained as they sit awaiting a decision with constantly updated information. If there is a reasonable IFA then PRRA provisions don't stray from what the IRB considers but it provides a Stay of removal - who can say but your counsel?

Good luck

anhcanada2702

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
When you receive PR status you are "landed" under one class or another, and for the H&C approval anyone can travel where they please. If you were landed as a Convention refugee, then travel to ones' home country would/could/should become an issue.
Thanks for your reply.
I have one more question please help.
Am I able to travel out of Canada after I got first stage approval and work permit and waiting on final decision?
Thank you

Sugarpot647

Sep 27, 2018
Applied dec 2016
AIP dec 2017
Medical feb 2018
Fianl stage jan 2019
Hi, can you please tell me which month they began processing the application? based on my understanding it shows up as "In process" before AIP. I'm just trying to get an idea as to what I should expect. I've applied since late 2017 and it's been in process over 7 months with no AIP as yet.

Stoja

Feb 7, 2019
Hello,

Is anyone familiar with expedited H&C applications by local MP office and what effect it has in terms of waiting time? If regular wait for stage one or Aip varies between 12-15 months what would be the approximate wait time with expedite process?