+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Jambol

Jun 24, 2021
Hello Everyone, I sent stage 2 documents on september 7 and today(sep 13) receive email from niagra office stating they received all the documents and they will contact if they need anything else. How long will it take to get E-COPR from here??
No specific time it's all depends on the officer, I sent all my documents in June and I'm still waiting for the E-COPR.

Reactions: wello711

sss369

Star Member
Jan 7, 2023
Same here submitted stage 2 documents.Nothing so far.
Wait for at least 2-3 weeks I suggest.
Hello Everyone, I sent stage 2 documents on september 7 and today(sep 13) receive email from niagra office stating they received all the documents and they will contact if they need anything else. How long will it take to get E-COPR from here??

Reactions: tony4454

Ghetta223

Oct 21, 2021
No specific timeline for stage 2 decision. I send in all my documents for stage 2 since March 2023. I have still not received the portal email until now. I contacted ircc several times and they said everything is passed but still no portal email or E-COPR. H&C process is very very slow.

Singh navi

Feb 2, 2022
I sent on 11 sep still waiting for Pr portal

Pear23

Sep 20, 2020
It took us three months after submitting stage 2 documents to receive pr portal. April 18th aip, april 25th all requested documents were submitted. May 13th they request background declaration forms as our application passed the two years mark. June 13th they requested copy of valid passport again, July 4th first portal email came, July 5th second portal email came, july 13th ecopr came.

Lar Mo

Nov 29, 2022
We submitted all documents for stage 2 since July 25th, we got an email September 14 from an officer in Niagara that they got all the documents and are working on it.

Reactions: sss369

tony4454

Nov 20, 2020
We submitted all documents for stage 2 since July 25th, we got an email September 14 from an officer in Niagara that they got all the documents and are working on it.
woww, they took so long to let u know. They sent ne email after a week of submitting documents

jj0502

Nov 4, 2015
Hello Team,

i have 16 month old baby be I am planning to apply PR for my parents under H&c application. Under BIOC reason. Can someone help me or give Sone advise, how to proceed ?

Mandy08

Mar 26, 2023
Hello Team,

i have 16 month old baby be I am planning to apply PR for my parents under H&c application. Under BIOC reason. Can someone help me or give Sone advise, how to proceed ?
Hi not really sure but you could look at Super Visa or see a Lawyer in this regard

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Team,

Agreed it would be a good idea to speak with a lawyer.

If you are going to go ahead with an H&C application for your parents, then you would either want to be an only child - or if you are not an only child, you would want to have all of your siblings living in Canada as well. Otherwise getting an approval starts to become much more difficult.

Their argument under H&C should not be based on BIOS alone.

Good luck.

Reactions: jj0502 and Mandy08

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
Hello Team,

Hi,

Get comprehensive medical insurance for the two or three year wait for the refusal. There's no point in adding an unpaid medical expense to an already futile venture.

Keep them in status (if possible) so that the CBSA doesn't open an enforcement file for their removal.

Don't be surprised if they never again qualify to enter Canada as visitors.

Otherwise, I guess that you're good to go.

jj0502

Nov 4, 2015
Agreed it would be a good idea to speak with a lawyer.

If you are going to go ahead with an H&C application for your parents, then you would either want to be an only child - or if you are not an only child, you would want to have all of your siblings living in Canada as well. Otherwise getting an approval starts to become much more difficult.

Their argument under H&C should not be based on BIOS alone.

Good luck.
My brother is in canada too. He is on a WP but applied for PR already. My parents are on SUPERVISA. However, I want to live my remaining life with my parents closure to me and my child. I want peace of mind with their medical expenses too. Rightnow, they are not getting any health care support.

jj0502

Nov 4, 2015
Hi,

Get comprehensive medical insurance for the two or three year wait for the refusal. There's no point in adding an unpaid medical expense to an already futile venture.

Keep them in status (if possible) so that the CBSA doesn't open an enforcement file for their removal.

Don't be surprised if they never again qualify to enter Canada as visitors.

Otherwise, I guess that you're good to go.
Can you please elaborate what do you mean by futile venture?