+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It depends on the officer issuing your AIP. Usually they give exemption after thoroughly review your case and approve AIP.It’s the stage where they request you police certificates, medical,financial information. I didn’t request for exemption, officer issued on his own behalf as he got satisfied with the facts and medical proofs I have attached in H&C arguments for eligibility pass.
In your case it looks like you were temporarily ill or disabled. If you were working and financially dependent before and have a plan for returning back to work/school once healed then that is likely why you go the exception. Temporary illness/disability is treated differently than longterm illness/disability especially in the case where a person is also dependent on government financial support. Each H&C is different so it is hard to make generalizations when there at multiple factors that go into approval/denial but in general for H&C applications not being financially dependent on the government and working/studying or even volunteering (if you don’t need to work because you have significant savings) are big considerations

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi my H&C refused, my lawyer will submit reconsideration, what is reconsideration and how does it works,
What is your background for example when and how did you arrive in Canada, did you apply for asylum first? Had you been living in a country other than your home country and how long? Do you have a family( spouse and children under 22)? Are they in Canada? What are your grounds for H&C? Are you working? Are you receiving any government financial support? What are your grounds for reconsideration?

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
Hi my H&C refused, my lawyer will submit reconsideration, what is reconsideration and how does it works,
Hi ! Can you share your timeline please ?
Reconsideration is to ask the officer to analyze the file again by submitting proofs that his refusal decision was not reasonable according to your arguments and your proofs, you can also send new proofs and new arguments maybe he could consider them, although from my knowledge he is just obligated in the law to review old evidence only but apparently some officers accept new ones too.
But the first step is to ask for his notes to know his point of view and his arguments about your the application decision by sending an email to Vancouver office then you can apply for reconsideration or JR (judicial review but it takes more time than reconsideration) you have also the right to send a new application.

May 11, 2023
I came to Canada 2019 with family and applied for Refugee, failed. Appeal & Rad, refused.
H&C file October 2022
AOR November 2022
H&C refused 31st August 2023’
My two kids born in Canada and five from back home.

Reactions: wello711

sss369

Star Member
Jan 7, 2023
Any update guys for Stage 2?

Many members are waiting for stage 2 decisions.
Please keep us updated guys if anyone got any good news.

sss369

Star Member
Jan 7, 2023
Called call centre today.My call get picked up in 2 minutes. There is new update on my file.Info sharing went into in progress from not started. Everything is passed only the security is remaining. It still shows not started.Got BIL for dependent today. We booked the biometric collection appointment at service canada for 28 September.

Singh navi

Feb 2, 2022
Hlo members can someone tell me how we can upload the photo in portal. I create the pr portal but its showing instated. There is no option for upload photo. I got pr portal from the ircc and they ask for Uci, port of entry, port of last entry, current address, are you in canada e.t.c. I send them reply back of the email with all these questions . How we can upload photo can someone help me

HD 2023

Jan 18, 2023
Hlo members can someone tell me how we can upload the photo in portal. I create the pr portal but its showing instated. There is no option for upload photo. I got pr portal from the ircc and they ask for Uci, port of entry, port of last entry, current address, are you in canada e.t.c. I send them reply back of the email with all these questions . How we can upload photo can someone help me
Did you create a portal or Ircc created a portal for you?

Jay83

Star Member
Aug 31, 2023
In your case it looks like you were temporarily ill or disabled. If you were working and financially dependent before and have a plan for returning back to work/school once healed then that is likely why you go the exception. Temporary illness/disability is treated differently than longterm illness/disability especially in the case where a person is also dependent on government financial support. Each H&C is different so it is hard to make generalizations when there at multiple factors that go into approval/denial but in general for H&C applications not being financially dependent on the government and working/studying or even volunteering (if you don’t need to work because you have significant savings) are big considerations
@canuck78 for how long is considered a temporary illness/ Disability?

tony4454

Nov 20, 2020
You already received the Portal request after submitting stage 2 documents? @Singh navi

Reactions: Singh navi

Singh navi

Feb 2, 2022
You already received the Portal request after submitting stage 2 documents? @Singh navi
I create by self after submitting stage 2 documents . I received email from ircc to confirm name, uci , port of entry, last port of entry. Then i again got email from ircc they send the link to portal but there is showing insisted