+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Kate_20

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
So true @tony4454 processing time for H&C was 16 months and our application took 23 months so you are right it's different for everyone.
if CIC takes One day longer than normal processing times you should Immediately file the Webform and request an update and request ATIP. If no response within max 30 days then apply for an Order of Mandamus. IRCC does not rule the world and Canada. There are other bodies that they are accountable to.. For example, Federal Court

Pear23

Sep 20, 2020
if CIC takes One day longer than normal processing times you should Immediately file the Webform and request an update and request ATIP. If no response within max 30 days then apply for an Order of Mandamus. IRCC does not rule the world and Canada. There are other bodies that they are accountable to.. For example, Federal Court
Good to know. Thankfully it is over for us! for those who are waiting please take note.

• Love
Reactions: Kate_20

Robin220

May 15, 2023
My lawyer told us H&C approval chances will be more if you are making more then 100k , i don't know if its true or just rumor

fagsey

Star Member
Dec 18, 2022
@Kate this should be the normal way to go about it but a lot of us will be scared of this approach because we know that we are at the mercy of the assigned officer. My application is 19month this month but will keep waiting for them to approve it when they are ready

Kate_20

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
@Kate this should be the normal way to go about it but a lot of us will be scared of this approach because we know that we are at the mercy of the assigned officer. My application is 19month this month but will keep waiting for them to approve it when they are ready
Agreed, I just dont like how IRCC is taking the authority and there are not enough checks and balances in system. Officer's are given too much power to play with peoples' fate.

Kate_20

Star Member
Aug 13, 2011
"Last update: August 22, 2023 Updated weekly" - this is what H&C processing times say as of 9/14/2023 and they are saying "Updated Weekly" this is the indicator that there is no control over the IRCC. It's been almost a month since last update! They are their own boss and they think they can run the system. If there was another body checking their unfair systems, processes would be more transparent, fast, efficient, and fair.

Reactions: wello711