+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks, I think 15 days is for Judicial Review.... Im doing reconsideration
No deadline for reconsideration because it is an unofficial route to challenge the decision and the agent is not obligated to respond to your request (unlike JR). He will do it if he is "nice". However, the longer you wait, the higher chances that he will no longer re-open your file as he will move on to new files. So do it ASAP, few days to few weeks, not more.
In general, You can file reconsideration for as long as your status remains "in process" (sometimes they forget or deliberately keep it in process). Once it is "decision made", you have to rush it ASAP.

CanadaMKMK22

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
No deadline for reconsideration because it is an unofficial route to challenge the decision and the agent is not obligated to respond to your request (unlike JR). He will do it if he is "nice". However, the longer you wait, the higher chances that he will no longer re-open your file as he will move on to new files. So do it ASAP, few days to few weeks, not more.
In general, You can file reconsideration for as long as your status remains "in process" (sometimes they forget or deliberately keep it in process). Once it is "decision made", you have to rush it ASAP.
Thank you again for your prompt response and guidance. I have everything ready and planning to send This week. I got refusal notes 2 weeks ago but application was refused about a month ago. I just needed some time to draft submission and gather additional supporting evidence.

Reactions: tony4454