+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Juneplum

Star Member
Feb 4, 2021
Is this their first time requesting fingerprints or they requested it back in July when you did your medical? If so you could probably tell them you already submitted it or resend it since it's valid for one year.
It's their first time requesting it. It wasn't even requested when I got AIP in June.

Lexus2021

Sep 7, 2021
Hi guys, so I submitted all requested information including medical in July. Today I got an email from Niagara and I was excited because I thought it was my COPR. Instead it was a request for me to do RCMP fingerprints. At first I said ok, no big deal. However, when I contacted the fingerprint agency to book the appointment to get it done, I was told that the results is now taking over 5 weeks to be mailed. Oh my God, what's next. I've been waiting since 2018.
Hi there, I just want to ask u a question!! How did they request your fingerprints?? Did you do biometric or you had to do it separately and send it to them in the mail ?

This is what they asked me for documents I submitted everything

The police certificates must include all criminal records under your name or confirm that you do not have a criminal record. In most cases, you must contact the police or government to ask for a certificate. You may have to:
 provide information or documents, such as photographs, fingerprints, or your addresses and dates that you lived in the country or territory, and
 pay a fee
Please forward the police certificate(s) to this office together with, a certified translation, if the
information submitted is not in English or French.
A COPY OF VALID PASSPORT
Please be advised that you (and any family member in Canada th

Last edited:

Juneplum

Star Member
Feb 4, 2021
Hi there, I just want to ask u a question!! How did they request your fingerprints?? Did you do biometric or you had to do it separately and send it to them in the mail ?

This is what they asked me for documents I submitted everything

The police certificates must include all criminal records under your name or confirm that you do not have a criminal record. In most cases, you must contact the police or government to ask for a certificate. You may have to:
 provide information or documents, such as photographs, fingerprints, or your addresses and dates that you lived in the country or territory, and
 pay a fee
Please forward the police certificate(s) to this office together with, a certified translation, if the
information submitted is not in English or French.
A COPY OF VALID PASSPORT
Please be advised that you (and any family member in Canada th
I have a biometric on their file thats less than 10 years old so they didn't ask for one. This is how they requested it, "Upon review of the application, it has been noted that RCMP Fingerprints are required for the principal applicant. Please submit the results once received."

Juneplum

Star Member
Feb 4, 2021
May I ask when did you get your Atip? How long did it take you?
My application was received by them July 2018, in process since April 2020. I then received AIP ending of June 2021 and medical request 1 week after. I submitted everything they asked in July 2021.

Rose2021

Star Member
Jul 14, 2021
My application was received by them July 2018, in process since April 2020. I then received AIP ending of June 2021 and medical request 1 week after. I submitted everything they asked in July 2021.
I am just wondering if you have a popular name, like many people have the same name? It usually happens to people with a really popular name, maybe one person with the same name has a bad record, and they need to make sure it isn’t you by fingerprint.

Juneplum

Star Member
Feb 4, 2021
I am just wondering if you have a popular name, like many people have the same name? It usually happens to people with a really popular name, maybe one person with the same name has a bad record, and they need to make sure it isn’t you by fingerprint.
Maybe, not sure. I'm going to get it done today and hope it won't take too long because I've been waiting for over 3 years now.

Reactions: Lexus2021

Lexus2021

Sep 7, 2021
I wonder how did they request it from you, I got an email directly from the Niagras office.
They haven’t asked me to provide one but they mention it on the gcms note that it’s required. I wonder if someone else also in this same situation
Hey @Jaxico u got ur gcms note !!! Does ur says the same thing or yours is different?

Reactions: OKanada

Rose2021

Star Member
Jul 14, 2021
They haven’t asked me to provide one but they mention it on the gcms note that it’s required. I wonder if someone else also in this same situation
Hey @Jaxico u got ur gcms note !!! Does ur says the same thing or yours is different?
Hi, may I know when did you receive your gcms notes? How long did it take? Thanks

Jaxico

Nov 29, 2020
Mine it’s not mentioning anything about this. Just that I passed all the controls and a due date on Sept 30th.
let’s see when COPR comes ;)

Reactions: Juneplum