+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Sanjida29

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Hi all,
I have a question, if anybody had Tb( Tuberculosis) 4 years ago and he got treated now he is fine.he got Tb after he came from his country almost after 2 years. Now if he applied for H&C and show his previous health record about Tb is this going to be a problem for his H&C file.
Thanks in advance

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all,
I have a question, if anybody had Tb( Tuberculosis) 4 years ago and he got treated now he is fine.he got Tb after he came from his country almost after 2 years. Now if he applied for H&C and show his previous health record about Tb is this going to be a problem for his H&C file.
Thanks in advance
No his TB history won't be a problem.

Reactions: Sanjida29

Sugarpot647

Sep 27, 2018
hi guys. can anyone tell me the average timeline to expect AIP after the "in process " date? also they say H&C usually takes up to 31 months to complete. is it 31 months from submission or from the in process date?

Reactions: Bobby_786

Bobby_786

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
hi guys. can anyone tell me the average timeline to expect AIP after the "in process " date? also they say H&C usually takes up to 31 months to complete. is it 31 months from submission or from the in process date?
Hi
Normally 31 months but some cases after 9th month or 10th ask for medical.
I ask my lawyer he said 1 year to 2 years

Reactions: Sugarpot647

WSM

Nov 30, 2017
Submitted H&C at Nov 2018. All I got a letter from them regarding, refunding the excess amount I paid for biometric, which in-Canada does not applies. If I try to track application via https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en, it says "We were not able to identify you". Do I need to wait till I get an acknowledgement letter or I am doing something wrong?

ladylin

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Submitted H&C at Nov 2018. All I got a letter from them regarding, refunding the excess amount I paid for biometric, which in-Canada does not applies. If I try to track application via https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en, it says "We were not able to identify you". Do I need to wait till I get an acknowledgement letter or I am doing something wrong?

No you are not doing anything wrong wait till you receive your acknowledgement letter.

M0527

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Acknowledgement letter means that my application is in process or not? My application status says "Received" but I read that many people changed the status from "In process" to "Received".

Bobby_786

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Hi
I got update
We sent you medical instructions on March 12 , 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
I'm little bit confused now because as I understood before this request from immegration after AIP and I did not get AIP until now
What that's mean?
Hi
When did you apply?. After application file how many months it took you to received Medical?

Last edited:

Bobby_786

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Hi!
I wonder after you got AIP means you can apply for work permit? And how long is that work permit good for?
Thank you.
Hi
You can apply work permit any time, it's got nothing to do with AIP. Work permit some 1 year or max 2 years valid.depend on Visa officers.

When did you apply?.

After application file how manymonths it took

you to received Medical?

Please reply above questions..
I believe H&c success ratio is very low. Make sure you file strong case.

anhcanada2702

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
Hi
You can apply work permit any time, it's got nothing to do with AIP. Work permit some 1 year or max 2 years valid.depend on Visa officers.

When did you apply?.

After application file how manymonths it took

you to received Medical?

Please reply above questions..
I believe H&c success ratio is very low. Make sure you file strong case.
Hi!
No I haven’t got AIP yet.
I apply July 2018. They sent an email on July 17 saying they received my application on July 11 and gave me the application number. My lawyer checked and said it’s in process. She said it could take up 1 year to hear anything (AIP) from immigration. So I understand that before I got AIP I cannot apply for work permit because my status is expired before I applied for H&C?
And my case is based on my story when I first came here to work as a nanny and got ripped off and abused by my employer and after I got abused by my ex so all of that screwed up my immigration status. Plus the hardship I have to face if I go back home due to opposite political opinions with the government in my country. I have lots of support evidence and letters form my friends, my doctors, the church, community and those women shelters I have been in. Hopefully will have some good news soon.