+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

himsjag799

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
If you have a good lawyer you can stay here in Canada i was out of status from 2016 and was ask to voluntarily to leave Canada after my first h&c was denied. but my son was born here in Canada hes was a special need child, and yesterday I got my Aip from a second h&c I applied for with a very good lawyer! And with the help of God.
Can you suggest me the lawyer name. I don’t know who would work best in this situation

Triplemog

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Hi there, you can’t have both applications in process.Since your refugee claim has been referred back to IRB for redetermination,your case will need to be re-evaluated by a different member first; before anything.If your application gets approved,you will not need H&C.Now,in the event your application gets denied again,by a different member,then you can apply for H&C provided the one year bar have passed.I hope that helps :)
Hello please i have question i applied for h and C which was denied my lawyer appealed it in federal court which he won and we were told another officer will make a decision but the thing now is that i can’t check my application online

malik99sa

Oct 30, 2017
Can someone tell me about this h and c time line means
Permanent Residence Application Status:
Decision made
Permanent Residence

We received your application for permanent residence on February 4, 2017.

We started processing your application on February 13, 2017.

We sent you correspondence on November 2, 2019 about the decision on your application

But they didn't asked for medical request in this time line. Later on I didn't received any letter from ircc regarding about my h&c case and prra case. So in January 2020 my lawyer call in immigration and asked about if I got rejected or not. Then ircc replied to lawyer that I got refused by the officer but she didn't write the decision yet. Once decision been written we will not send any letter. We will hand over that decision in person by the CBSA. So week in half later. I received a letter from CBSA officer to show my self there on Jan 26th. Went there took both negative decision papers and hand over to my lawyer. So my lawyer look at those negative decisions. After week later I got an other letter to see CBSA officer again. They took my fingerprints and photos also told me to fillout passport application. Which i did fillout gave it to officer. Also officer told me I got time to file both negative decisions before Feb 28 for judicial review to revisit my decision. So I did it. And Waited until June I think cuz of Corona. Otherwise my last date was after Feb, March 16th for final decision thanks to Corona virus. So decision made. And the court cancelled my both negative decisions in June 2020. And send my h&c application to the new officer to review again.
Sorry for my long story. This is my third attempt after this I'm not allowed to do another application and will be deported. Any help what's gonna happen next. Thanks

Growing pains

Apr 3, 2020
Can someone tell me about this h and c time line means
Permanent Residence Application Status:
Decision made
Permanent Residence

We received your application for permanent residence on February 4, 2017.

We started processing your application on February 13, 2017.

We sent you correspondence on November 2, 2019 about the decision on your application

But they didn't asked for medical request in this time line. Later on I didn't received any letter from ircc regarding about my h&c case and prra case. So in January 2020 my lawyer call in immigration and asked about if I got rejected or not. Then ircc replied to lawyer that I got refused by the officer but she didn't write the decision yet. Once decision been written we will not send any letter. We will hand over that decision in person by the CBSA. So week in half later. I received a letter from CBSA officer to show my self there on Jan 26th. Went there took both negative decision papers and hand over to my lawyer. So my lawyer look at those negative decisions. After week later I got an other letter to see CBSA officer again. They took my fingerprints and photos also told me to fillout passport application. Which i did fillout gave it to officer. Also officer told me I got time to file both negative decisions before Feb 28 for judicial review to revisit my decision. So I did it. And Waited until June I think cuz of Corona. Otherwise my last date was after Feb, March 16th for final decision thanks to Corona virus. So decision made. And the court cancelled my both negative decisions in June 2020. And send my h&c application to the new officer to review again.
Sorry for my long story. This is my third attempt after this I'm not allowed to do another application and will be deported. Any help what's gonna happen next. Thanks
Hi there,i’m So sorry you’re going through all of these.if it’s the same lawyer that represented you in all of these cases, in my opinion, i’d suggest you get a different lawyer to help you.Sometimes a change is what’s needed.Now that your application has been redirected to a different officer,She/he will need to re-evaluate your case and make a decision.So basically,you are having to start from scratch. Best of luck :)

Reactions: malik99sa

Rina1021

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
Application received- Feb xx 2020
AOR- Feb xx 2020
AIP- Sept xx 2020
Medical, Biometrics, Police Clearance, Financial Info requests- Sept xx 2020
This is fast
Mine is
Application received- Dec 2019
AOR- Dec 2019