+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

D_8rane

Star Member
Apr 12, 2018
Mine looks like this:

We received your application for permanent residence on March 30, 2020.

We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 29, 2020.

We sent you correspondence on July 29, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

- my questions is:
will they only start the process and analyze my application after biometrics?

Thanks!!
Hi. I havent done Biometrics yet but I already got my AIP. They will still process your application and will ask to do Biometrics later as it is not available at this time yet.

D_8rane

Star Member
Apr 12, 2018
Asking out of curiosity. If I paid for PR fee and Application fee, right of pr fee and biometric fee. Would I still need to go through the process of getting biometrics?

Also, my application is based on Establishment and Hardship from my country. Started processing my application July 2020
Has anyone on this platform applied based on these terms? if so, how long did it take you to hear back for processing and AIP?
Yes, Biometrics is part of criminality check in Stage 2. I got my AIP after 7 mos. due to hardship in my country. Applied Feb xx, 2020. AIP this month Sept xx, 2020. Goodluck

D_8rane

Star Member
Apr 12, 2018
If the applicant has not left Canada, there is no need to submit police records from the foreign countries for a 2nd time, the old one would suffice if it was obtained from a proper authority (this means for example foreign police checks must be issued by an authority at the national/federal level in the respective country and not be limited to a specific region, etc).

Note that visa offices tend to send template requests to applicants at stage 2 with multiple requests and reminders. These requests can include a section about police clearance. This may confuse the applicant and make them think a new police record is being requested. In this scenario you can explain briefly that you have already provided this document and that you have been living in Canada since. If they specifically ask you for a police check it means you either didn't include it or there was an issue with what you submitted originally.
Yes, you dont need to get a police clearance from other countries if you’ve been here for 10 years or more.
“It is necessary that you, your dependent(s) spouse and any children over the age of 18, if applicable, provide police certificates from all countries in which you resided for a period of 6 months or longer, in the last 10 years,“

Sanjida29

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
I received an email today from Immigration Officer asking me to submit my PCC and Proof of Financial Status and the Immigration Officer says that is the only outstanding document for my file. I also passed my Medical today. That is a second request from me I sent them all of this when they asked me the first time and I sent them again because they asked me. So I did today and hoping to get my CoPR soon.
Did you send all those documents VIA EMAIL, or you have to mail it.

Andy85_

Star Member
Jul 28, 2020
What do u mean ?
You know the temporary health card paper Service Ontario give you while you wait for the actual physical health card to come in. Is it possible to use that Temporary Health Card paper to do medicals? since the physical health card will take up to 4 weeks to come in

SpiritualWonderBoy

Jul 2, 2020
You know the temporary health card paper Service Ontario give you while you wait for the actual physical health card to come in. Is it possible to use that Temporary Health Card paper to do medicals? since the physical health card will take up to 4 weeks to come in
You need to pay for your medical dear. Are you a refugee ? If you are refugee you are exempt to pay

Naz786

Oct 23, 2019
OHIP doesn’t cover E-Medical, you need to pay for it
I paid $195 For medical in 2019 and also did my biometric because of work Permit in 2018 but I have copied of Both with me
I haven’t received any letter about medical or biometric so far only one Thing I’m waiting for my open work permit

Reactions: Lexus2021