+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Jen1820

Jan 21, 2020
Hello all.. pls has anyone (failed refugee claimant) applied to extend their work permit with an expired passport?
I’ve been trying to extend mine but no way. Please help!!

Sfoph

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Hello all.. pls has anyone (failed refugee claimant) applied to extend their work permit with an expired passport?
@Jen1820, while filing the application form, change the year to a future year for example 2023. This will allow your application form to be validated, you then write a supporting letter to IRCC explaining to them about your situation and upload/attach it with your other documents for submission. I hope this helps.

msingh113

Star Member
Jan 11, 2022
Hello all do you know if a person is on removal order and can i work while i am having implied status for work permit. I had an pgwp permit and it got expired and i applied a new one which is still under process and in-between i got removal order because of criminal inadmissibility so can i still work on implied status ?

Swagzzy

Jan 28, 2020
Hello all do you know if a person is on removal order and can i work while i am having implied status for work permit. I had an pgwp permit and it got expired and i applied a new one which is still under process and in-between i got removal order because of criminal inadmissibility so can i still work on implied status ?
You can work as long as your employer doesn’t stop you. If they ask for renewal, you can show your acknowledgment of renewal and you should be able to work for some time.

Sandeepgill83

Star Member
Apr 10, 2022
You can apply work permit with expired passport, when you filling work permit form 5710 no need validation, ircc know your passport expired, you got new work permit

Ebonybaba247

May 1, 2022
Ottawa
@Eonybab247
For some reason it's giving me an error to reply to your post directly.

Why do you not have access to Ecas? It requires your personal info to log in which you already have. And since you have received your AOR then you should be able to see the status on Ecas.

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?app=ecas&lang=en

Wish you good luck.
I have never used ECAS and tried it to see my status.
I keep getting the message below.
Did any of you get this problem too? and how do i fix it?

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not yet begun processing it. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
Application Processing Times
At this time, you may use this on-line service to view the status of your application ONLY if you have:
sponsored a member of the family class;
applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
applied to resume Canadian citizenship.
The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) may help you to access the status of your application through CAS

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have never used ECAS and tried it to see my status.
I keep getting the message below.
Did any of you get this problem too? and how do i fix it?

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not yet begun processing it. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
At this time, you may use this on-line service to view the status of your application ONLY if you have:
sponsored a member of the family class;
applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
applied to resume Canadian citizenship.
The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) may help you to access the status of your application through CAS
In very few cases, ECAS profile cannot be generated and you will never have access to the online status tool - for example, they could not link it to your UCI for technical reasons. We had same issue. In this case, only phone automatic status updates will work 1-888-242-2100 + ordering GCMS notes every 3-6 months.

Reactions: Swagzzy

Ebonybaba247

May 1, 2022
Ottawa
In very few cases, ECAS profile cannot be generated and you will never have access to the online status tool - for example, they could not link it to your UCI for technical reasons. We had same issue. In this case, only phone automatic status updates will work 1-888-242-2100 + ordering GCMS notes every 3-6 months.
Thanks alot am very grateful for this info please how do I know they have started processing my application

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks alot am very grateful for this info please how do I know they have started processing my application
When you call, it will say "we are verifying whether you meet eligibility requirements". It means "in process".

MPMG

Star Member
Mar 13, 2022
When you call, it will say "we are verifying whether you meet eligibility requirements". It means "in process".
Hey Guys, what option to check this information? Because when I call this number, they say a lot options but none for status…
Thanks

Ebonybaba247

May 1, 2022
Ottawa
I heard that same message months before my application changed to in process on ECAS.

• Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
  • This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
  • At this time, you may use this on-line service if you have:
    • sponsored a member of the family class;
    • applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
    • applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
    • applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
    • applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
    • applied to resume Canadian citizenship.