+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Guidance for adding a new born baby while Spousal immigration is in process

waleedkhan

Oct 29, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I have applied for my wife's spousal immigration and her immigration is still in the process. She is living in Pakistan. We recently had a baby. I was wondering how would I add the new born to the application. Please provide the exact forms that we are supposed fill (Do the forms need to be filled by me or my wife). Also please provide guidance regarding what supporting documentation is required example passport of the new born, birth certificate etc.

All the help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
waleedkhan said:
Hello Everyone,

I have applied for my wife's spousal immigration and her immigration is still in the process. She is living in Pakistan. We recently had a baby. I was wondering how would I add the new born to the application. Please provide the exact forms that we are supposed fill (Do the forms need to be filled by me or my wife). Also please provide guidance regarding what supporting documentation is required example passport of the new born, birth certificate etc.

All the help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
You need to contact your VO by case specific inquiry : https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
Letter asking to add your newborn to the application, birth certificate copy and updated family information forms should be sufficient. Congratulations!

DustinBrett

Star Member
Jan 21, 2015
My wife is pregnant now and expecting in August which will be before she has her PR. Should we update CIC on the birth? Is it required? Could it help her being approved?

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DustinBrett said:
My wife is pregnant now and expecting in August which will be before she has her PR. Should we update CIC on the birth? Is it required? Could it help her being approved?
If she gives birth before her landing, then yes you need to update CIC.

DustinBrett

Star Member
Jan 21, 2015
We applied inland and live in Vancouver. Do I need to update them if it's inland? Do you think us having a child together could help the approval?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DustinBrett said:
We applied inland and live in Vancouver. Do I need to update them if it's inland? Do you think us having a child together could help the approval?
The child will have no impact on the approval, or processing time, whatsoever.
Your child will be a Canadian citizen by birth (if born in Canada) and would not need to be added to her sponsorship application. You would need to apply for the citizenship papers for your child after s/he is born.

Having a child before submitting an application, eliminates the conditional PR (Condition: 51) that is applied to a couple that has been in their relationship for less than 2 years on the day that CIC receives the sponsorship application. This is the only way that having a child `helps' some applicants.